What Happened to My Subscription?

SarniaSaint

Renewed my subscription on August 3, it was a recurring one. Well guess what? the money has been taken but they still want me to subscribe again to get full member. Where did my money go? In someone's back pocket? I want an answer but no one will give me one. Anyone have any idea how to sort this and them?

I had recurring as well and somehow no longer a full member but no idea if £5 went out (I am that rich)

Only way to pay is by Paypal which no longer have. Appreciate someone takes the effort to set up and maintain but would be good if had better options esp as ads can negate need for subscription.

Oh and not allowing webmail email addresses is so 2008. Many use google for everything now including email

Hey I paid by Paypal that's the only way I knew these assholes took my money. Sent to them twice about it. Think I got a reply one guess ...........No. Just a bunch of ****s as far as I am concerned. Have cancelled my recurring payment on Paypal so enjoy the 5 quid you ****ing assholes.

Mod's can you sort this out please ?

Adverts are an irritation.

As Sarnia says above !

'Pleased' its not just me having problems, subscription paid but still without full facilities.

Guess what, here is a thread I started 12 months ago:

Sorry to clutter the main board with this.

Subscription due on 3/8/12 - paid to my knowledge, but view now littered with bloody adverts,limited to three posts a day, and PM facility not available etc.

Can you look in to this please ?

Same thing happened last year by the way.

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?39289-FAO-Admin-Team

To be fair, this is pretty crap to be honest. Even if the admins are busy with their own lives, they have entered into a commitment with this site in terms of payments. If they haven't got the time anymore, then hand the reigns over to people who have. I'm sure there would be plenty of takers.

They can't just let people pay and have it go down a drain. I'm due to renew, but won't be going anywhere near it.

Morning gents,

Apologies, I've not been around most of the weekend so only just picked up on this.

We've had a long-standing problem (from around 2010/11ish) where PayPal makes a mess of some subscriptions that were created in the "early years" of SaintsWeb (2008-2010), which basically means that, while the payment is taken by PayPal, it then doesn't send the correct notification to the forum to automatically update your account on here.

I have spent a couple of hours this morning going back through everything, I think everyone's subscriptions should now be up to date, but I would suggest that anyone whose PayPal subscription dates back to 2008-2010 cancels it (log into PayPal, and go to Profile -> My Money -> My pre-approved payments) and then sets up a new one when the existing forum subscription expires.