Homeland Season 3

Batman

• 1 month later...
i dunno why I'm still watching this dumb show, i find it v.boring. The only bit i enjoyed so far is when the daughter took photo of her boobs and text it to boyfriend. That was an interesting plot development.

She gets to the next base in the next episode...

This aside, been rather uninspiring so far.

she is v.annoying. I want to punch her face. I actually hate all the people in it except for beardy CIA man, he's pretty good.

Have we even seen the ginger terror man? He don't seem to be in it no more.

But random that he suddenly started hating the Muslims though. Came sort of out of left field

All a bit weird at the moment. You would hope it picks up soon

It all has to come back from some troughs of utter despair at the moment.

I suppose in a few episodes we'll all be on here saying wow never saw that coming or wow that was clever. But right now it is well acted and filmed but also depressing.

yeah i enjoyed the twist. I mean, it was ridiculous + implausible in itself, but it explained some of the ridiculous + implausible things that had been happening in the previous 3 episodes. Also excuses some of the bad acting that Carrie had been doing, maybe it was bad acting on purpose.

yeah i enjoyed the twist. I mean, it was ridiculous + implausible in itself, but it explained some of the ridiculous + implausible things that had been happening in the previous 3 episodes. Also excuses some of the bad acting that Carrie had been doing, maybe it was bad acting on purpose.

I guess it depends how long the plan has been in place. If it was right from the start then that is ridiculous. If it was a day or so before then that's slightly more believable.

yeah you was a bit right bout that!

Yeah we just had the WOW moment. The one thing we didn't see coming.

More importantly now we know that somebody is in to buying football clubs I can now (Spoiler Alert 8) ) reveal that the bad guy is..

No other than our dear long departed LLS

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, here we are up to episode something or other.

And all the pieces of the jigsaw puzzle are back in play.

No spoilers, but it is getting MUCH better and TBH there was even some proper acting in it this week.

The shift has been very subtle into what it is really about. Think the next week or two could get quite dare I say it?

Exciting

Thought it was an excellent if unspectacular ending to season 3. I found first half of season 3 quite tedious but rediscovered a love for it the last 4 or 5 episodes. Still, not convinced it needs a season 4.

-- spoiler alert --

I agree; I went through a bit of a marathon of episodes to catch up and it's like the flippin bible....it takes ages and the bugger dies in the end :s ....he had to though didn't he? there was no real coming back.

Thought it was an excellent if unspectacular ending to season 3. I found first half of season 3 quite tedious but rediscovered a love for it the last 4 or 5 episodes. Still, not convinced it needs a season 4.

Kind of get the feeling that the writers were hamstrung with Brodie after Season 1. They kind of worked themselves into a corner in S2.

But the good news is that S4 now looks as if it will be more about the Politics in the CIA.

As for the actual plot lines, well that is easy, just keep an eye on all news feeds from Iran.

It was EITHER a stroke of writing genius or pure luck that the rambling S3 ended up matching the ACTUAL news of about 3/4 weeks ago.

Did they have to re-write some of that ending? Was that why Sol was on his hols somewhere? He thought he'd finished for the year? Croissants instead of Baguettes and reality invades a TV drama in the next line. Very well done!

As those sanctions drop away in real life there will be some great stories - hell we used to see the speedboats & Dhows smuggling tons of kit across the Straits of Hormuz before the whole Nuke sanctions.

Carrie now needs to give the Brat to her Dad and get on with sh@gging the bloke who is really in love with her and Sol needs to get rid of Lockhart.

Simples really

it was v.weird ending. What happened to the whole brody family? Much as the story-lines bout his dumb wife + kids was annoying it was strange for them to disappear completely. I would of thought we'd least see their reactions. Also big :mcinnes: to muslims for hanging the wrong cia operative! They could of had carrier yo! She was right there!

Kind of get the feeling that the writers were hamstrung with Brodie after Season 1. They kind of worked themselves into a corner in S2.

But the good news is that S4 now looks as if it will be more about the Politics in the CIA.

As for the actual plot lines, well that is easy, just keep an eye on all news feeds from Iran.

It was EITHER a stroke of writing genius or pure luck that the rambling S3 ended up matching the ACTUAL news of about 3/4 weeks ago.

Did they have to re-write some of that ending? Was that why Sol was on his hols somewhere? He thought he'd finished for the year? Croissants instead of Baguettes and reality invades a TV drama in the next line. Very well done!

As those sanctions drop away in real life there will be some great stories - hell we used to see the speedboats & Dhows smuggling tons of kit across the Straits of Hormuz before the whole Nuke sanctions.

Carrie now needs to give the Brat to her Dad and get on with sh@gging the bloke who is really in love with her and Sol needs to get rid of Lockhart.

Simples really

The whole pregnancy thing was a dumb idea in the first place.

• 9 months later...