Man Utd,help or hinderence ?

saint lard

Whilst i think drawing one of the big guns in the cup is great, financially,

the result could of this match could have a major bearing on the results that follow.

If we get any form of result, being a draw or dare i say it a win,the positives that could be drawn upon for the nippers could prove invaluable for spirit,belief in their ability,confidence and the whole mental approach may change from the coaches to the playing staff.

The positivity around SFC would be tremendous.

On the flip side,and here is my worry,we lose but play reasonably well and give a good account of ourselves,not too much damage is done.

But say we get humiliated,which in all honesty is quite possible,based on the most recent display,the damage to moral,belief, confidence could really be damaging.

And therefore effect,what i feel is far more important,our league form.

All IMO,with a little devils advocate thrown in for good measure.

the result could of this match could have a major bearing on the results that follow.

If we get any form of result, being a draw or dare i say it a win,the positives that could be drawn upon for the nippers could prove invaluable for spirit,belief in their ability,confidence and the whole mental approach may change from the coaches to the playing staff.

On the flip side,and here is my worry,we lose but play reasonably well and give a good account of ourselves,not too much damage is done.

But say we get humiliated,which in all honesty is quite possible,based on the most recent display,the damage to moral,belief, confidence could really be damaging.And therefore effect,what i feel is far more important,our league form.

Jan may take us past a new record on this day...a record held since November 21st 1971.......the last time we LOST by 8 clear goals

Well if these kids are nervous in front of the TV cameras, not mentally ready , lacking in self confidence ...and then are expected to play against what is arguably the best team in Europe with world class players....I think we are in for a right humiliating spanking...for all to see...talk about lambs to the slaughter

But say we get humiliated,which in all honesty is quite possible,based on the most recent display,the damage to moral,belief, confidence could really be damaging.

And therefore effect,what i feel is far more important,our league form.

Surely there's less pressure on this game. The kids will relax, and probably play better against a footballing side that might well be full of youngsters as well

Isn't the doom and gloom a bit over the top? OK we lost to Palace badly, but we were brilliant at Reading so keep the faith....

Surely there's less pressure on this game. The kids will relax, and probably play better against a footballing side that might well be full of youngsters as well

Isn't the doom and gloom a bit over the top? OK we lost to Palace badly, but we were brilliant at Reading so keep the faith....

FlyingPig.gif

Somehow springs to mind.....

Well if these kids are nervous in front of the TV cameras, not mentally ready , lacking in self confidence ...and then are expected to play against what is arguably the best team in Europe with world class players....I think we are in for a right humiliating spanking...for all to see...talk about lambs to the slaughter

So what? No-one is going to expect us to win. Remember Arsenal's kids spanked more or less the Wigan first team the other week in the league cup. It won't be humiliating even if we lose five nil. The media will hype up Man U, not kick us. Locally, there might be a bit of **** taking, but hey ho.

Take the money, take the spanking and forget about it.

Getting thumped by Rotherham should be more worrying than being thumped by the best team in the land.

Quite. This is a little lottery win for us, and as such we can't lose.

If JP has any sense, the first names on the team sheet should be Davis, Perry, Skacel, Wotton, Euell. We simply have to play all our experienced players in this game or else we'll get pulverised.

:lol:

I reckon Man U will **** a brick when they see that lot lining up.

Frankly, it's a distraction but it will be over quickly and hopefully we have won a couple of home games by then and are not in the bottom 3.

United's team will prob line up as per the carling cup

GK - Foster

RB - Rafael Da Silva

LB - John O'Shea

CB - Neville

CB - Jon Evans

MC - Possebon

MC - Gibson

MC - Scholes

RW - Nani

LW - Giggs

ST - Tevez

Subs

Fedinand

Anderson

Rooney

Ronaldo

Berbatov

The only positive I can think of is loads of Moan U fans in the pub taking pity on The Dubai Saints and buying us consolation beers to drown our sorrows :p

Surely any performance will be better the the shambolic team selection and tactics used by Redkrap in our last cup meeting, which I think did far more damage to morale than if we'd played our best team and at least put up a bit of a fight, and then lost :cool:.

united's team will prob line up as per the carling cup

gk - foster

rb - rafael da silva

lb - john o'shea

cb - neville

cb - jon evans

mc - possebon

mc - gibson

mc - scholes

rw - nani

lw - giggs

st - tevez