2013 : Marks out of ten

pap

End of the year, and I'm upstairs hiding from my daughter's party. Time to reflect on the year, and in the interests of keeping it simple, let's go for marks out of ten.

Professionally, pretty much in the same boat, but the business turned five this year, which is nice. Personally, one of the girls turned 18 this year, a big milestone, ms pap stormed through her return to employment with flying colours, new nieces and nephews were born (cute to boot, too) and have spent a lot of time with friends and family.

Solid 8 for me.

Kids healthy and flying at school. Eldest thriving at "big" school. Lad bats his team to victory in the County Cup Final and completes and league cup double. Girls racing through their belts at kick boxing and have taken up cricket.

Mrs happy and content with work and home.

New teaching job for me with a successful OFSTED, back on a road bike for the 1st time since I was 18 and banging the miles out and fitter than I've been in 20 years.

On top of all that Saints are doing well.

8.5/10

Hard to judge for me -

good bit was us moving back to be close to my daughters so that I could help them out with school runs and baby care when they went back to work

not so good bit was me buggering my knee so that I couldn't help out with the school runs and baby care

Actually, on balance, yes it's been a good year especially I've ended it by driving for the first time in nearly 3 months so I'm a liberated woman again!

Good wishes to you all for 2014 xx

Oops forgot to give a score - 8 I reckon

Edited by bridge too far

I would say mines a 9.

I had a lot of good family get togethers earlier this year.There were a lot of great festivals in the summer,when the weather was good and i went to Memphis and Sun Studios in September,a place ive always wanted to visit.Actually while in Memphis i met my best mate from school who i havent seen for 20 years.Wow that blew me away!

Happy new year to all on here.

I would say mines a 9.

I had a lot of good family get togethers earlier this year.There were a lot of great festivals in the summer,when the weather was good and i went to Memphis and Sun Studios in September,a place ive always wanted to visit.Actually while in Memphis i met my best mate from school who i havent seen for 20 years.Wow that blew me away!

Happy new year to all on here.

And to you have a great year.

9 - became a dad, moved to Yorkshire, got myself a great job and a big pay rise working with some absolute legends, moved into a lovely house in a nice area. It's been an expensive year but a great one.

Happy new year, 2014 has a tough act to follow.

I got a new job minus a hellish commute, have purchased my first house and loved every minute following Saints up and down the country. I also had a pretty brilliant holiday in Las Vegas. 8.5 with an expectation that next year will be even better.

everyone seems to have done okay - or is it that the people who have had a crap year don't really want to reflect on it?

I'll have a 9/10 please Carol - and if you offered me an 8 for 2014 now, I'd have your arm off.

All the best to everyone. :)

Of course they have, it's the innernezzzz and the annual bragging end of year thread.

End of the year, and I'm upstairs hiding from my daughter's party. Time to reflect on the year, and in the interests of keeping it simple, let's go for marks out of ten.

I'm at a random house party Up North, fingering some random bird. I think her dad is upstairs. 9/10.

7 out of 10.

My daughter still has a reoccurring lung problem that the doctors cannot seem to get to the bottom of. Money is very short, so that could be better.

But my part time business is going well and full time work just about pays the bills.