Might get shot down for asking this

Ashley Grute

Doubt that the current problem would have escalated to this. NC had - we read - a close bond, and hopefully respect, for Markus Liebherr so this and Markus's presence would have put a brake on NC to some degree as he might have been working in tandem with someone, or possibly accountable.

I really don't see it as a "what side" situation, regardless of the differing statements in the press.

Cortese had a remit from Markus to do as he will

Katrina is managing a billion pound plus estate and simply can't have one of the businesses go unchecked.

I really don't see it as a "what side" situation, regardless of the differing statements in the press.

Cortese had a remit from Markus to do as he will

Katrina is managing a billion pound plus estate and simply can't have one of the businesses go unchecked.

yes, as heard from a single source.

From a business point of view NC didnt put a foot wrong ..the Liebherrs have done VERY well out of Southampton FC...im sure none of the other business Katarina is 'managing' has yielded such a profit! 14m to 100m+

That's not quite the case though. £33m was turned from debt to equity and player purchases probably mean the overall Liebherr investment is closer to £60m. Nevertheless it would be a good profit.

That's not quite the case though. £33m was turned from debt to equity and player purchases probably mean the overall Liebherr investment is closer to £60m. Nevertheless it would be a good profit.

Put wages and the rest on top, I cannot see us being that profitable.... if at all. The entire worth and profit is held by league status, facilities and the proposed value of the players.

We are worth as much as the market deems... and as such a definitive figure for profit or sale value will not exist.

Do you think that Pardew would have been sacked if Markus had still been around?
This is an interesting one as Pardew has shown to be a top Manager. Anyone who gets Newcastle performing can't be bad. It was incredible when we got Pardew, and then the boot? Also sacking NA at the time was a nonsense and a major risk with our premiership status. Ok, MP has done the business, but it was a gamble. And finally, wanting to sell Sir Rickie is just the final straw, I'd have sacked the Fury Parkered Banker myself.

Cortese was a man out of control. I'm surprised it has taken this long for the owners to reign him in. If it was my business and my money i wouldn't have let his behaviour go unchecked for so long. No doubt legal cases will follow soon, but unlike those that Cortese brought and settled at the last minute, this one will be at his own expense. My money is on Katarina.

Why? I thought the club bought the players. And, isn't third-party ownership banned.

Too many people on here seem to forget that SFC is owned by a limited Company.

Only on the basis of Premiership football hence built upon sand, the contracts the payers are on now would hammer us if we went down, most clubs are in a similar position, a slave to mediocre football and winning nothing simply to survive, sterile and boring, an accomplishment is seen as moving up a place in the League as opposed to actually winning something.

Sad times.

Lambert, rodriguez, clyne, De ridder, manuka. Forren, osvaldo, ramirez, wanyama, lovren, yoshida, smart - that's around $65m there in transfers alone - let alone staplewood rebuild and everything else. I wouldn't be surprised if her outlay tops $100m

Surely the Sky money goes somewhere?