Just out of interest...

Dibden Purlieu Saint

Does anybody have any figures to show why relegation will 'plunge' us into administration? The TV deals are roughly the same, you're not losing that much on that, and although fans will be lost I feel we're now pretty much down to the hardcore support that would be with us always.

I was just wondering cos everyone says relegation would send us into admin...

Edited by Dibden Purlieu Saint
Punctuation

Relegation would not plunge us into admin at all. We would simply sell players with any decent sell-on value and play the even younger and even cheaper players in their place. By then we should also have shed the majority of the higher paid players at the club this year.

Relegation would IMO consign us to years in Div 1 or lower but admin with Lowe in charge (at the risk of his investment) is simply not going to happen.

Relegation would not plunge us into admin at all. We would simply sell players with any decent sell-on value and play the even younger and even cheaper players in their place. By then we should also have shed the majority of the higher paid players at the club this year.

Relegation would IMO consign us to years in Div 1 or lower but admin with Lowe in charge (at the risk of his investment) is simply not going to happen.

I agree, and I'm not saying I want it to happen, definitely not, it's just from readin numerous other threads it just seems there is a widely held belief that relegation would take us into administration. Just wondered if anyone had anything to back this up

I think there is a sizeable difference between the CCC money and the League 1 money, although obviously this is not comparing with Prem to CCC

Yes and the CCC deal was re-negotiated recently and CCC clubs I seem to recall get the lion's share. If anyone has figures this would be great. The main issues would be reduced sponsorship, less likely to attract the better young players to the academy but the overheads for running it would be the same, gates would certainly drop again particularly ST sales and there are few clubs at that level - Leeds and Leicester apart - that bring many away fans and obviously the reduced media exposure. Hospitality prices would have to reflect the drop in standard. Also, other clubs would pay much less for our players and players we wanted to recruit have a mental block about moving from CCC to League 1 - Leeds are having awful trouble recruiting despite their profile and being 2nd biggest payers at that level. As Forest found, not an easy league to exit either.

It's not the same drop as PL to CCC but it would reduce our hopes sustainability to zero. SFC is not set up to be a League 1 club, we would have to scrap the Academy on our reduced income and that's goodbye to the "strategy". Centres of Excellence don't attract the players.

And nobody has yet mentioned the stadium debt when making comparisons with the 1950s. We didn't have any then. Plus players' wages have risen substantially since then too in real terms.

The wages are a good point. A friend of mine is a Leeds exile and gets the club newsletter with his away membership. In it when Leeds went down to L1 Bates said that wages had been a real issue in signing players including an out of contract young striker "from the South of England" that wasn't a first team regular for their non-Premiership club had wanted in excess of £7k p/week. Had a feeling that he may have been talking about Leon Best at the time.

Think one of the reasons you go into admin from dropping out this league is simply down to income reduction while still having the same outgoings. The gate receipts are the bread and butter for any club and by dropping into Div 1 will see our already around 10k attendence drop even lower. Then you lose the TV pay days as fewer games are shown on tv if at all. Basically means your intake gets lower while your costs will still be CCC level or higher. I think that is the main reason.

Think one of the reasons you go into admin from dropping out this league is simply down to income reduction while still having the same outgoings. The gate receipts are the bread and butter for any club and by dropping into Div 1 will see our already around 10k attendence drop even lower. Then you lose the TV pay days as fewer games are shown on tv if at all. Basically means your intake gets lower while your costs will still be CCC level or higher. I think that is the main reason.

Its not just the numbers of attendances that will drop, but the income per ticket as well, there is no way that we could continue with £26 or so in League 1 (at least if we did the gate would drop even more than anticipated).

Administration is not inevitable, there are lots of things that could be done to avoid it, but most involve selling assets or cutting costs further, thus making our stay in League 1 (or 2) even longer and more painful.

Its not just the numbers of attendances that will drop, but the income per ticket as well, there is no way that we could continue with £26 or so in League 1 (at least if we did the gate would drop even more than anticipated).

Administration is not inevitable, there are lots of things that could be done to avoid it, but most involve selling assets or cutting costs further, thus making our stay in League 1 (or 2) even longer and more painful.

Forest were at £27 a ticket in league 1 a couple of seasons ago when I went with a Carlisle fan, it was well over the top for the standard but the turnout was still fantastic.