Fo the stay-aways, if Saga...

eelpie

...and either John or Rasiak were to return in January - and we did not sell our best of the current squad, would you be more likely to return to watching Saints?

I believe we have always had the resources to field a decent, entertaining and successful (goal-scoring) team.

(Not getting at you guys for missing games, it's just a thought). I reckon that if we fielded our best team, results and attendances could significantly improve. And morale would be much higher.

COYR!

I get the feeeling the 5000 lost fans will only ever come back when we are riding high at the top of this league. Even if Lowe left, Saga partnered John up front and no one was sold in the window I doubt we'd get 500 more on the gate if the results didn't change.

Fans have got out of the habit of going and it is going to be very very hard to get them back unless we start winning every week. Rasiak, Saga and John won't stop us conceding goals like we did at Burnley...

isnt saga the only one who is returning? i thought rasiak and john were season long loans?

anyway,i think there are a few change of conditions that will prompt a mass return,they are....

getting in an exciting proven big name manager,in the shape of strachan or someone similar.

winning 10 games in row whilst playing exciting football,including the manu game.

an announcement that we are on the verge of a billion pound takeover that removes wilde and lowe.

signing 5 or 6 decent 'big name' players in january

but as all of these things are very very unlikely the stay aways will just continue to stay away.

No, i will return only when Lowe has gone no matter what Divison we are in and even if the manager is the same. Lowe has just ****ed me off that much it is just him stopping me. I was there through the Branfoot times every game, it is not that bad yet on the field. Its just the Smug **** off it and believe me its hurting but that is how it is.:(

Cue the slagging

I get the feeeling the 5000 lost fans will only ever come back when we are riding high at the top of this league. Even if Lowe left, Saga partnered John up front and no one was sold in the window I doubt we'd get 500 more on the gate if the results didn't change.

Fans have got out of the habit of going and it is going to be very very hard to get them back unless we start winning every week. Rasiak, Saga and John won't stop us conceding goals like we did at Burnley...

I don't expect a win every week but maybe a bit more than we're averaging at the moment! This season has been my worst for attendance for nearly twenty years (for a variety of reasons) but the two times I've been we've played well. We haven't won them though. I always used to say I'd rather see a good team play exciting football but lose than a boring team draw but there are limits.

Anyway, honestly? No, none of the players that might return would tempt me back unless we start climbing the league a bit or more importantly scoring goals. I think I'd be happier if we lost 3-4 than what's happening at the moment. I wish I could remember the last time I saw a saints goal (actually I can, it was against Birmingham).

That's my view from the armchair...cue the abuse!

...and either John or Rasiak were to return in January - and we did not sell our best of the current squad, would you be more likely to return to watching Saints?

COYR!

If I were still in the UK, the answer would be an emphatic YES.

Because if these things were to happen, I would feel the management were serious about the football side of things too.

If I were still in the UK, the answer would be an emphatic YES.

Because if these things were to happen, I would feel the management were serious about the football side of things too.

Your last sentence hits the nail on the head. The management need to show supporters positive determination and resolve, so that we can still believe we have a footballing future.

Selling our best players will destroywhat faith we have left. Keeping our best and playing the likes of Saga and John from January will give us hope.

Current flaky experiments are just wishful thinking.

No, i will return only when Lowe has gone no matter what Divison we are in and even if the manager is the same. Lowe has just ****ed me off that much it is just him stopping me. I was there through the Branfoot times every game, it is not that bad yet on the field. Its just the Smug **** off it and believe me its hurting but that is how it is.:(

Cue the slagging

+1.

Cue the slagging

If you let the smug git stop you from going to games then he has won, u need to be strong in these, the toughtest of times, support the team, and remember what goes around comes around Lowe will see that eventually :D

Cue the slagging

If everyone had your attitude, there would be no club left to return to!

I believe we have always had the resources to field a decent, entertaining and successful (goal-scoring) team.

(Not getting at you guys for missing games, it's just a thought). I reckon that if we fielded our best team, results and attendances could significantly improve. And morale would be much higher.

COYR!

More people would return if Lowe left IMHO.

I don't support Saints anymore. I support Saganowski FC.

It's a new Football Club i'm starting up in the form of an AFC Wimbledon breakaway club...

I've started a new forum called Saga Web Forum which can be found at the following url http://www.sagaweb.co.uk/forum/index.php

Hope to see you there some time...

Of course when Saints go bust i'll need to get a real football man in charge to take us onto the next level so i'll be approaching Rupert Lowe. I'm sure this won't be a problem for most though...

I disagree. According to the Daily Echo over 20,000 tickets have been sold for the Forest game, probably because the price has been reduced (I'm fairly sure Lowe has not left). It will be interesting to see how many return when United visit. Also people will return when results improve.

I disagree. According to the Daily Echo over 20,000 tickets have been sold for the Forest game, probably because the price has been reduced (I'm fairly sure Lowe has not left). It will be interesting to see how many return when United visit. Also people will return when results improve.

Whilst we have Lowe and Portaloo results will not change - we're going down.

20000 tickets in holiday time for a key relegation 6 pointer is frankly disappointing - I STILL suspect we'd see even more if Lowe left.

i would just like to say i attended all the pre-season games and have been to one home game this season the football is good so i have seen through highlights but its just not possible as i work on saturdays and i dnt make my money last. i also had a season ticket for the last two seasons but as already explained i work now. i am fed up of being grouped with the stay away fans, especially as people are up in arms about the attendance for the utd match i would love a ticket but due to season ticket holders being given the ability to buy unlimited tickets will probably have to watch it on tv which i think is hardly unfair as some fans generally have a good reason why they aren't turning up at matches. i do understand other fans fustration to people turning up to the important or so called big matches but some fans have genuine reasons. rant over

Whilst we have Lowe and Portaloo results will not change - we're going down.

20000 tickets in holiday time for a key relegation 6 pointer is frankly disappointing - I STILL suspect we'd see even more if Lowe left.

Holiday time!!!! The Saturday before Christmas is traditionally a poor attender throughout the leagues.

Your hatred for Lowe is clouding your thoughts again

i would just like to say i attended all the pre-season games and have been to one home game this season the football is good so i have seen through highlights but its just not possible as i work on saturdays and i dnt make my money last. i also had a season ticket for the last two seasons but as already explained i work now. i am fed up of being grouped with the stay away fans, especially as people are up in arms about the attendance for the utd match i would love a ticket but due to season ticket holders being given the ability to buy unlimited tickets will probably have to watch it on tv which i think is hardly unfair as some fans generally have a good reason why they aren't turning up at matches. i do understand other fans fustration to people turning up to the important or so called big matches but some fans have genuine reasons. rant over

Fair points. But just to say that the thread is not intended to get at anyone who can't attend for any reason. I can't get to Tuesday and Thursday evening matches myself for the same reason, I am working then.

This is absolutely not true! Anyone that supports Saints is currently a ST holder. All the rest are football followers that don't care about Saints, but only the glory in supporting a high flying Prem team that we were under Lowe only 5 years ago.

All of those that haven;t got a ST, should be listed and banned from ever returning. If Lowe left, attendances would remain exactly the same. There would, however, be a solemn memorial at the sad news, but we would rejoice as Mugabe became the new Chairman. Because it's not the man in the Chair, it's the team on the pitch that counts.

This is absolutely not true! Anyone that supports Saints is currently a ST holder. All the rest are football followers that don't care about Saints, but only the glory in supporting a high flying Prem team that we were under Lowe only 5 years ago.

All of those that haven;t got a ST, should be listed and banned from ever returning. If Lowe left, attendances would remain exactly the same. There would, however, be a solemn memorial at the sad news, but we would rejoice as Mugabe became the new Chairman. Because it's not the man in the Chair, it's the team on the pitch that counts.

You really have let this forum get to you haven't you??

I see so anyone that can't afford a season ticket, is not a fan in your eyes?

just when you think you've heard it all.............. :rolleyes:

I see so anyone that can't afford a season ticket, is not a fan in your eyes?

just when you think you've heard it all.............. :rolleyes:

If you've read any of JS' posts over the last couple of days you'll notice how ironic he's being.

Because he sits on one side of the fence he's just clumping all the posts that oppose his view together and putting them into one contraire viewpoint to get his point over

If everyone had your attitude, there would be no club left to return to!

So are you saying all our fans hate Lowe or just not going because of him?, because if you look on this forum he has quite afew fans, if your not saying that then the above statement is not true, for the record i had my season ticket for 16 years if the ticket office had'nt made moving my seat so hard this season i would still have it. It just helped me make my mind up that the shambles of a club i love did not deserve my money. And like any business(or company in Lowes eyes) if things f'/k up the man at the top is the one to blame.

I stand by my statement I WILL RETURN WHEN LOWE GOES and it will be on a season ticket even when we are in League 1.