Lee Barnard Appreciation

Lighthouse

Just as much a key part in our League 1 promotion as Guly IMO. Scored 15 goals to help take us up that year and would have been decent enough in the Championship without his injury.

Scored some vital goals including:

- The only goal in a 1-0 win at Sheffield Wednesday. Saints first goal in about 5 hours I think and Adkins first win. Kick started our season.

- The equaliser away to promotion rivals Bompey.

- The winner in that 3-2 game against MK Dons

He also scored a few the season before but it wasn't quite enough to get us into the play offs.

- Both goals in a 2-0 away win against eventual Champions Norwich.

- Last minute equaliser at Brighton

- Last minute winner at Yeovil

Good luck Lee!

Edited by Lighthouse

Just as much a key part in our League 1 promotion as Guly IMO. Scored 15 goals to help take us up that year and would have been decent enough in the Championship without his injury.

Scored some vital goals including:

- The only goal in a 1-0 win at Sheffield Wednesday. Saints first goal in about 5 hours I think and Adkins first win. Kick started our season.

- The equaliser away to promotion rivals Bompey.

- The winner in that 3-2 game against QPR

He also scored a few the season before but it wasn't quite enough to get us into the play offs.

- Both goals in a 2-0 away win against eventual Champions Norwich.

- Last minute equaliser at Brighton

- Last minute winner at Yeovil

Good luck Lee!

QPR?

He was our best player in the run in of the League One promotion IMO, put in some big performances.

Surprised he hasn't done much on loan since then cos I always thought he was good enough for the Championship.

Good luck Lee.

Notts county away October 2010, we went one down to a new-manager inspired County, losing at Half-time when a mate put £50 on us to win. Barnard won the penalty to bring us level, scored the next before Adam finished them off. Mate was ecstatic as he'd just won £200.

Another who played his way in to the folklore that our rise will become. Remember his goals at Norwich..I think we'd hit the woodwork twice and I was thinking it wasn't going to be our day and up he stepped..

Good luck to him wherever he ends up next...and thanks!

Back in the dark ages, he came in for a pittance fee, and brought a bit of aggression and passion(+ goals) into our forward play which definitely made the difference in us going up.No doubt he also liked playing with class players hence his goals. Funny how these things get forgotten these days in the Prem but not by those who've been on the rollercoaster........