The Statement thread (that turned out to be untrue)

Mouldy Coat

Ok well I will start, but there have been a few lately..,

Les Reed (April 2014) regarding Mauricio's contract talks

'We are comfortable with the situation, talks going well'

May 2014 MP leaves for Spurs and Ralph Krueger admits he was aware of MP talks with Spurs since January 14

Let's be honest.

They are both full of shyte

Ralf of going to look like an utter clown if anyone is sold now

He certainly is. Say no one will be sold before a new manager is brought in on Thursday and then by the end of the weekend potentially our most popular player and talisman is sold for possibly as little as 4 million which in today's prices is virtually free. It beggars belief and all we can do is cling onto the faint hope that this has been rejected. Part of me would be happy for rickie and find this a lot easier to accept if it was happening after the world cup but not before. I was so looking forward to see rickie come on...

RK did say there would be transactions and that Saints were in control. He said he would like the manager to be in place before any sales and that there would be ins and outs. At present no player has been sold. We can hardly criticise a man on ifs and buts surely.

RK did say there would be transactions and that Saints were in control. He said he would like the manager to be in place before any sales and that there would be ins and outs. At present no player has been sold. We can hardly criticise a man on ifs and buts surely.

normally I would agree with you but just handed over £628.

You may think so; I may think so - but there are numerous bed-wetting numpties on here who would disagree. They are the modern day lynch mob; the 21st century witch burners. The slightest rumour and they are there like a shot wanting the board sacked, or burned at the stake, or to at least make an official statement the second any new rumour has its first whispered beginnings. No matter that an official statement may have been given in that regard less than 24 hours previously! :uhoh:

I read the entire RL thread yesterday evening and couldn't even brig myself to argue with the rabid, foaming at the mouth, majority on there. This place did momentarily get a bit better when Glasgow and Barry were banned. At least one of those is now firmly back and posting like mad again - makes a bit of a mockery of his being banned in the first place, but there you go; at least the admins earned another fiver from his resurrection.

Nowadays I try not to get too worked up over any rumour, or any of the numerous over-zealous posters spouting their diatribe on here.

You may think so; I may think so - but there are numerous bed-wetting numpties on here who would disagree. They are the modern day lynch mob; the 21st century witch burners. The slightest rumour and they are there like a shot wanting the board sacked, or burned at the stake, or to at least make an official statement the second any new rumour has its first whispered beginnings. No matter that an official statement may have been given in that regard less than 24 hours previously! :uhoh:

I read the entire RL thread yesterday evening and couldn't even brig myself to argue with the rabid, foaming at the mouth, majority on there. This place did momentarily get a bit better when Glasgow and Barry were banned. At least one of those is now firmly back and posting like mad again - makes a bit of a mockery of his being banned in the first place, but there you go; at least the admins earned another fiver from his resurrection.

Nowadays I try not to get too worked up over any rumour, or any of the numerous over-zealous posters spouting their diatribe on here.

This....most definitely.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I'm with you Minskie, too many peole on here fuelling fires of their own creation and looking for a witch to burn!

I agree enteirely. Some of our posters have really bad incidents of premature ejaculation.

Is this place getting worked up over any rumour?

Everyone needs to get a grip. There will be a great team to support next season at SMS, it will just look a little different to the one that ended last season. Who in their right mind would have thought otherwise.

We are guilty of being one of the most talked about teams in the country if not Europe for the way we have played football recently, is that a bad thing? Because of that the so called bigger clubs with the lure of filthy CL money come calling.

Great players have left our club in the past, I am old enough to remember Steve Williams getting picked for England and then going off to Arsenal, latterly there has been Shearer, the Wallace brothers, Bale, Wallcott and the Ox to name but a few. Have we capitulated after losing those players? NO! We have rebuilt and got stronger, certainly more recently. New players of great calibre, I am sure, will come in to replace the 'heroes' we are losing and in time will probably become 'heroes' in their own right also don't forget players coming up from the academy.

EVERY player has his price, and if that is offered then clubs are almost powerless to stop players moving, even if they are under 'long' term contracts.

As i just posted on the Les Reed thread, negotiations happen in football all the time. If Liverpool did make a bid for Rickie and we're considering it, then it is entirely possible our response may have been along the lines of "We are happy to discuss a possible fee, but the move will not be sanctioned until our new manager is in place and gives his blessing'.

Minsk is absolutely spot on IMO. I tried to reply to a few posts last night, but sometimes you're just swimming against the tide and it's best to get out of the water.

As i just posted on the Les Reed thread, negotiations happen in football all the time. If Liverpool did make a bid for Rickie and we're considering it, then it is entirely possible our response may have been along the lines of "We are happy to discuss a possible fee, but the move will not be sanctioned until our new manager is in place and gives his blessing'.

Minsk is absolutely spot on IMO. I tried to reply to a few posts last night, but sometimes you're just swimming against the tide and it's best to get out of the water.

It should be stated quite firmly that NO negotiations will take place before the appointment of a new manager who will, hopefully, sell his vision to the players. That may not deter AL and LS from leaving, but it might prevent a larger exodus.

Everyone needs to get a grip. There will be a great team to support next season at SMS, it will just look a little different to the one that ended last season. Who in their right mind would have thought otherwise.

We are guilty of being one of the most talked about teams in the country if not Europe for the way we have played football recently, is that a bad thing? Because of that the so called bigger clubs with the lure of filthy CL money come calling.

Great players have left our club in the past, I am old enough to remember Steve Williams getting picked for England and then going off to Arsenal, latterly there has been Shearer, the Wallace brothers, Bale, Wallcott and the Ox to name but a few. Have we capitulated after losing those players? NO! We have rebuilt and got stronger, certainly more recently. New players of great calibre, I am sure, will come in to replace the 'heroes' we are losing and in time will probably become 'heroes' in their own right also don't forget players coming up from the academy.

EVERY player has his price, and if that is offered then clubs are almost powerless to stop players moving, even if they are under 'long' term contracts.

Well said. Managers and players come and go. No one is irreplaceable.