Maya Yoshida the rock star

Matthew Le God

Maya Yoshida in a Budweiser advert with Eto'o, Cahill. Hulk and Axl Rose...

Our player's media exposure has come a long way since our League One days! :D

No doubt he will have no choice but to hand in a transfer request on the strength of this video (he has been talking to Gerrard...), superstar Maya has outgrown little SFC

No doubt he will have no choice but to hand in a transfer request on the strength of this video (he has been talking to Gerrard...), superstar Maya has outgrown little SFC

This is the one transfer request we should gladly accept, although unless he wants to step down the leagues and play football for someone like Barnet, it isn't going to happen

This is the one transfer request we should gladly accept, although unless he wants to step down the leagues and play football for someone like Barnet, it isn't going to happen

Can't agree: Fonte extracted a digit last year with Lovren coming in as he was due for the bench with Lovren bought to partner Maya, and as like Chambers did for much of the season v Clyne, Fonte made sure he was nicely rooted despite being guilty of gifting the oppos some soft goals through the season.

When it was Yoshida playing out of position with Fonte the previous season, Yoshida was by far the more intelligent of the pairing.

Nope, we need to keep Yoshida, he is our only decent option if Lovren goes or is injured. Its Jos we need to offload, but with new Dutch manager he probably will be made captain.

agree with some others. Yoshida may not be rated as World Class, but he is a good team player and a safe defender.

He had an uncertain start when he first arrived, but was only used as an alternative full back covering for injuries and didn't shine, but much as I like Jos (as a personality) I'd choose Yosh at CB every time.

Surprises me how clueless some people are. There aren't many better 3rd choice centre backs in the Prem yet people still think we should sell him.

Let's not get into the Yoshida debate, for what it's worth I think he's crap but has had a handful of 'OK' games. Find me reports that give him at least any 8 out of tens. Most will be 6 and below. Distribution, positioning, heading is poor

Let's not get into the Yoshida debate, for what it's worth I think he's crap but has had a handful of 'OK' games. Find me reports that give him at least any 8 out of tens. Most will be 6 and below. Distribution, positioning, heading is poor

Let's not get into the debate but here anyway is my view, for what it's worth. Fortunately your view is not worth much.

Currently on hols in Japan and Maya is in everything over here!

Every Japanese World Cup promo poster, TV show or product label has about 5 players on and he's always one of them. Seen him interviewed a bunch of times in the last two weeks too.

He's a good player and is highly regarded over here, and it's a shame more people back home don't think so. Should definitely keep him this summer, think he will get more game time under Koeman.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I see the marketing value overseas for Yoshida, but that's it. He is nothing but a 3rd rate (back up at best) premiership defender. I can think of a few defenders below our finishing position that I would much rather have in the team....but hey that's my opinion.

I see the marketing value overseas for Yoshida, but that's it. He is nothing but a 3rd rate (back up at best) premiership defender. I can think of a few defenders below our finishing position that I would much rather have in the team....but hey that's my opinion.

How many of them would be content with a place on the bench at best? Every club has to have some decent honest pro's who are happy to act as backups and Yoshi fits the bill perfectly good enough not to be embarrassing if required but not so good he won't play second fiddle.