Lawro watch 2014/15 season

vince

Why the BBC continue to give licence-payers' money to Lawrenson is a mystery. All they get back is boring, opinionated, comments from the sort of scruffy individual you wouldn't want to be stuck next to at a match. It's shame they didn't dispose of him when they did away with that other pundit, the one who used to mumble in a scots' accent whose name escapes me. Like the Scottish one, Lawrenson played football back in the last century but while he's entitled to his opinions, it's hard to see why the BBC continue to inflict them on the TV audience. The only thing to the BBC's credit in relation to Lawrenson's match predictions is that they are compared against predictions by random, non-football celebrities which helps to demonstrate that he's about as expert as they are.

Why the BBC continue to give licence-payers' money to Lawrenson is a mystery. All they get back is boring, opinionated, comments from the sort of scruffy individual you wouldn't want to be stuck next to at a match. It's shame they didn't dispose of him when they did away with that other pundit, the one who used to mumble in a scots' accent whose name escapes me. Like the Scottish one, Lawrenson played football back in the last century but while he's entitled to his opinions, it's hard to see why the BBC continue to inflict them on the TV audience. The only thing to the BBC's credit in relation to Lawrenson's match predictions is that they are compared against predictions by random, non-football celebrities which helps to demonstrate that he's about as expert as they are.

The didn't dispose of Hansen.

And one last predictable whinge against Lawrenson for the same whiny moaning reasons.

Who knows, next season the BBC might have a new resident prediction bod.

But guess what, they won't predict that the super-duper Saints will win every game either, so you can roll out the same po-faced grizzling next season too.

See you next season.

Just say we'll win Lawro. Please say we'll win. Please. Just say we'll win. Please. Please Lawro. Please.

"Southampton ...still have a slim chance of making the Europa League, depending on how Liverpool and Tottenham do."

Well the conclusion from that is that Lawro doesn't have a clue what he is talking about.

His record: P37, W16, D4, L17 against randomly selected total non-experts, most of whom are biased strongly in favour of the team they support means worse than a total non-expert.

Prune-faced ***ttery of the highest order

"Southampton ...still have a slim chance of making the Europa League, depending on how Liverpool and Tottenham do."

Well the conclusion from that is that Lawro doesn't have a clue what he is talking about.

His record: P37, W16, D4, L17 against randomly selected total non-experts, most of whom are biased strongly in favour of the team they support, means that his considered opinion is worse than a total non-expert.

Prune-faced ***ttery of the highest order

To CB Fry, a word of regret for upsetting you with my criticism of Lawro, who it appears has your respect. If you had read my post more carefully you would have seen that I was actually being critical of the BBC for continuing to employ him but your misunderstanding is understandable. I had no intention of giving personal offence and if any was given, I do apologise.

PS. You are on my ignore list so I had to make a special effort to read your post, but I can't promise to do so every time....

Edited by Professor

To CB Fry, a word of regret for upsetting you with my criticism of Lawro, who it appears has your respect. If you had read my post more carefully you would have seen that I was actually being critical of the BBC for continuing to employ him but your misunderstanding is understandable. I had no intention of giving personal offence and if any was given, I do apologise.

PS. You are on my ignore list so I had to make a special effort to read your post, but I can't promise to do so every time....

He didn't misunderstand, he just thinks you're a co_ck. I'd say he's correct.

Your post was as much about Lawrenson as it was about the BBC, as was my reply.

The only person "misunderstanding" stuff is you, as you have decided I "respect" Lawrenson. I made no judgement about Lawrenson. Just you.

Tough this comprehension lark, ain't it?

Edited by CB Fry