Lawro watch 2014/15 season

vince

It's incredibly fortunate for Lawro that there is something in his brain that worked instinctively to make him a pretty good centre back because otherwise he'd be shelling peanuts these days rather than making good money out of BBC licence payers to talk unjustified nonsense.

Lawrenson's problem is that he's still making predictions based on what he thinks of as THE BIG CLUBS. Of course Saints could lose or draw at Aston Villa but so could Chelsea lose or draw their game with WBA. Fact is that between any two clubs, all three outcomes are always possible in a ione-off game which is why there are results that don't reflect form. Its the luck element in football. But Lawrenson is promoted as being an 'Expert' so he shouldn't be guessing on the basis of luck. He might just as well have put Chelsea down to lose - after all West Brom beat Tottenham away, so why not Chelsea? His predictions are not based on logic so apart from the opportunity it gives to slag him off, the whole thing is pointless.

Lawrenson's problem is that he's still making predictions based on what he thinks of as THE BIG CLUBS. Of course Saints could lose or draw at Aston Villa but so could Chelsea lose or draw their game with WBA. Fact is that between any two clubs, all three outcomes are always possible in a ione-off game which is why there are results that don't reflect form. Its the luck element in football. But Lawrenson is promoted as being an 'Expert' so he shouldn't be guessing on the basis of luck. He might just as well have put Chelsea down to lose - after all West Brom beat Tottenham away, so why not Chelsea? His predictions are not based on logic so apart from the opportunity it gives to slag him off, the whole thing is pointless.

For something that you say is so pointless you do go to some length, every week, to deconstruct whatever he says. And then get worked up about it.

The rest of humanity worked out some time ago that these predictions are a bit of conversational froth and really not that important. About time you cottoned on too.

He's got most of the others wrong though... almost as bad as Lawro. But, Merson talked sense about Saints yesterday - 2nd best team in the league and deserve to be where we are. I'm backing Mers. Lawro? Hope he keeps predicting opposition wins for Saints... always screws it up!! :)

The Weekend starts here Lawro has spoken and not surprisingly he has down for losing this one 0-2................... which doesn't annoy me as much as claiming we will lose to the likes of Hull:)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30172780

Southampton are not just strong defensively, they have got lots of creativity too and a goal threat in the shape of Graziano Pelle.........

It doesn't bother me that he has us down to lose, but its the usual stuff writing what he thinks about us (and Man City) and then making up a score which has no bearing on his "analysis". Apparently we are very strong defensively and have a goal threat in Pelle, so I predict 0-2. No logic in that. He may well be right (he does get it right very occasionally).

It doesn't bother me that he has us down to lose, but its the usual stuff writing what he thinks about us (and Man City) and then making up a score which has no bearing on his "analysis". Apparently we are very strong defensively and have a goal threat in Pelle, so I predict 0-2. No logic in that. He may well be right (he does get it right very occasionally).

I find it funny that what he writes and then what he predicts don't actual tally very often ...........gives me a giggle anyway

No. Predicting 2-0 Arsenal

"This is the next test in a run of big games for Southampton after they were kept at arm's length by Manchester City, who beat them quite easily at St Mary's on Sunday. Saints have taken one point from the last two games and people are asking if their bubble has burst, but I don't think that is necessarily the case.

It is just they came up against a very good side in City, and this game and the one against Manchester United on 8 December will probably give us a better idea of where Ronald Koeman's side will finish in the table. What happened against City could still affect Saints, though, and I will be very interested to see whether they play against Arsenal with the same freedom they did earlier in the season."

Quite upbeat from Lawro this week Tim Henmen thinks we're ****ed though

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30310037

Manchester United have picked up some momentum but they give the opposition an awful lot of chances on the road and I think Southampton's bad run will end on Monday.

Southampton manager Ronald Koeman Koeman saw his Saints side lose out to an 89th-minute goal against Arsenal on Wednesday

When I say 'bad run', I mean two defeats against two top teams in Manchester City and Arsenal, but those results are why I would say Saints boss Ronald Koeman will look at this game and aim to not get beaten.

Koeman's side were well beaten by City but they were competitive against the Gunners and it will be the same against United, especially because they are at St Mary's.

Lawro's prediction: 1-1

Tim's prediction: The Saints have had a unbelievable start this year but United have momentum and will win: 1-2

Quite upbeat from Lawro this week Tim Henmen thinks we're ****ed though

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30310037

Koeman's side were well beaten by City but they were competitive against the Gunners and it will be the same against United, especially because they are at St Mary's.

Wow. Did I just imagine it, or was that a compliment from grouchy Lawro?

Wow. Did I just imagine it, or was that a compliment from grouchy Lawro?

The usual stupid comments from Lawro where his prediction has no bearing on the comments made. We will do well against Manu because we are at St Marys, as opposed to when we played at Arsenal and were competitive but got well beaten against Man City at St Marys.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30396743

Southampton have had a bit of a lesson of late, where any mistakes they have made against the top sides have been punished.

They were well beaten by Manchester City but were unlucky not to get anything at all out of their games against Arsenal and Manchester United.

But at least Saints now know where they are compared to the other top teams in the league.

If they have two or three players who have a bad day then they are not going to compete in those big games, with Graziano Pelle being a good example of somebody they need to be in form for them to do well.

Burnley were on a good run themselves but came unstuck against QPR last weekend.

The Clarets' home form, with only one win so far, remains a concern and I think this is a good chance for Saints to get back on the horse and return to winning ways.

Lawro's prediction: 1-2

Really knows his stuff doesn't he? who else saw this win coming? it's for this sort of foresight he is a king among pundits.

The little kid who was our mascot yesterday predicted 5-0 to Saints. We all laughed. He was really not too far off given the disallowed effort and the stone-wall penalty and some other decent chances.

Almost everyone has predicted 1 all

They are as thick as each other. He makes no sense, if palace score first then they do well, well if they score first today then they'll have to do badly for us to equalise, if they don't score first they struggle, well if we score first then they'll do well to get an equalise. Dumball.

Southampton v Arsenal

This is another tough game for Southampton but I was impressed by them in their 1-1 draw against Chelsea on Sunday.

It feels like Saints are back after their blip in results and they have got their swagger back a bit, along with some of their players back from injury.

Arsenal were a bit fortunate to beat them at Emirates Stadium at the start of December with a late winner when Southampton were down to 10 men.

I think this game will be just as close and this time Saints will have something to show for it.Alexis Sanchez scored Arsenal's winner against Southampton in the 89th minute when they met at Emirates Stadium

The Gunners are level on points with Ronald Koeman's side, who are in fourth place. In the race for the Champions League places the most important thing for Arsenal is that they do not lose.

The more I see of Southampton, the more I think that they are going to figure in that race right up until May.

They are better than Tottenham and Liverpool at the moment and they have already proved they are extremely competitive when they play Arsenal, so they have an outside chance of making the top four.

Bastard.