Rickie Lambert... He plays for Liverpool don't you know?

Noodles34

I am a big fan of. SRL, and don't begrudge him a nice round of applause, even a round of "One Rickie Lambert...." Not that I would join in on that, a clap maybe but not a song. Unfortunately it seemed like most disagreed at Anfield today.

****ING cringeworthy, we were supposed to supporting our team and the biggest song was for an opposition player, ****ing ridiculous, ****ing pathetic and people should think about who they should be singing about.. Just way over the top, bunch of touristy muppets.

I am a big fan of. SRL, and don't begrudge him a nice round of applause, even a round of "One Rickie Lambert...." Not that I would join in on that, a clap maybe but not a song. Unfortunately it seemed like most disagreed at Anfield today.

****ING cringeworthy, we were supposed to supporting our team and the biggest song was for an opposition player, ****ing ridiculous, ****ing pathetic and people should think about who they should be singing about.. Just way over the top, bunch of touristy muppets.

Pathetic like this thread? Or cringeworthy like your post?

Clearly you are one of those that was disappointed his first touch in the game didn't give him a fairytale finish.

i guess from your username that you weren't there, but to have his name constantly sung every time he was spotted on the pitch, the warm up, the sub warm up, coming on, went straight at the end but I guess he got the red carpet treatment then too. Just way over the top, pathetic display from some of our fans.

Pathetic like this thread? Or cringeworthy like your post?

Clearly you are one of those that was disappointed his first touch in the game didn't give him a fairytale finish.

i guess from your username that you weren't there, but to have his name constantly sung every time he was spotted on the pitch, the warm up, the sub warm up, coming on, went straight at the end but I guess he got the red carpet treatment then too. Just way over the top, pathetic display from some of our fans.

Completely agree with all that.

Can also add to the list all those getting their phones out and taking videos of Liverpool doing the whole 'You'll never walk alone' thing just before kick off, pointless.

Completely agree with all that.

Can also add to the list all those getting their phones out and taking videos of Liverpool doing the whole 'You'll never walk alone' thing just before kick off, pointless.

Nothing says small time like this post :mcinnes:

Nothing says small time like this post :mcinnes:

Agree with all of that. I was waiting for our lot to start celebrating if he had scored. EMBARRASSING

Agree with all of that. I was waiting for our lot to start celebrating if he had scored. EMBARRASSING

I actually think it showed class on our part. If you don't agree fine, nobody asked you to sing, but you don't have to be such a d**k about it.

Can't see us doing it with any other former player other than gentle applause for the academy grads that Walcott etc have been on the receiving end of.

I actually think it showed class on our part. If you don't agree fine, nobody asked you to sing, but you don't have to be such a d**k about it.

Can't see us doing it with any other former player other than gentle applause for the academy grads that Walcott etc have been on the receiving end of.

There were people putting more effort to singing for Rickie Lambert as he came on than getting behind our own players, that is ridiculous.

There were people putting more effort to singing for Rickie Lambert as he came on than getting behind our own players, that is ridiculous.

I had no problem with showing Lambert appreciation - there weren't THAT many songs (though the 5 blokes behind me singing "Back For Good" at him was pretty funny) and it also served as a nice contrast with the treatment Lovren was getting. I don't think many Saints fans will be following him around the country, and none of us were actively willing him to score against us, though there was a feeling of impending doom about it. A brief chant of "they'll never love you like us" was amusing too.

One thing's for sure, having been to the match and watched it on tv when I got in, Sky had the mics turned down on the Saints fans in places. The ball even hit the boom in front of us on about 20 minutes, and on the coverage it was a dull, quiet thud, not the loud explosion of mic-tumbling activity you usually get.

Liverpool's support yesterday was even more pathetic than 2 years ago when I last went. Literally only sang YNWA before kick off, one minute from the end, and immediately after their goals. They had one guy in the block next to me chucked out for drinking beer in the stand - he had a Lovren shirt on, so that was popular. Another guy who was singing on his own got the appropriate response (but fair play to him, he kept going and made the other 5000 in that bit of the ground look bad even after the "on your own" chant).

Reliably informed from a mate that Fox Sports in Australia did a big build up to You'll Never Walk Alone and when OWTSGMI was drowning it out they switched the sound balance - whilst a Spurs fan I know in the US said we were booming out all match long on the NBC coverage over there.

I had no problem with showing Lambert appreciation - there weren't THAT many songs (though the 5 blokes behind me singing "Back For Good" at him was pretty funny) and it also served as a nice contrast with the treatment Lovren was getting. I don't think many Saints fans will be following him around the country, and none of us were actively willing him to score against us, though there was a feeling of impending doom about it. A brief chant of "they'll never love you like us" was amusing too.

One thing's for sure, having been to the match and watched it on tv when I got in, Sky had the mics turned down on the Saints fans in places. The ball even hit the boom in front of us on about 20 minutes, and on the coverage it was a dull, quiet thud, not the loud explosion of mic-tumbling activity you usually get.

Liverpool's support yesterday was even more pathetic than 2 years ago when I last went. Literally only sang YNWA before kick off, one minute from the end, and immediately after their goals. They had one guy in the block next to me chucked out for drinking beer in the stand - he had a Lovren shirt on, so that was popular. Another guy who was singing on his own got the appropriate response (but fair play to him, he kept going and made the other 5000 in that bit of the ground look bad even after the "on your own" chant).

Reliably informed from a mate that Fox Sports in Australia did a big build up to You'll Never Walk Alone and when OWTSGMI was drowning it out they switched the sound balance - whilst a Spurs fan I know in the US said we were booming out all match long on the NBC coverage over there.