Urgent help needed my fellow Sotonians

niceandfriendly

I'm currently staying in the mighty fine establishment that is the Novotel down close to Ikea. Haven't spent time in Southampton for years and am craving a good fish n chips. This is serious stuff guys.

Where would be the best one to where I am? Wander into Shirley high street? Anything around Central station?

Your assistance will be vital, and appreciated.

Yours,

Hungry.

When back for games we always use Mike's Chippy on Queensway. Kinda get to Debenhams then head towards the Port, it's on the right about 100 metres before the Petrol Station about 50m after the Newsagents you can look for Craig David's house as well while down there.

Always loved his Cod Chips & Mushy Peas with a Cuppa Tea

had to google it... hmmm all you can eat Chinese. Does sound tempting, but I'm flying to Shanghai next week so will have plenty to enjoy there.

Gotta have a chippy when back in Blightly. doesn't happen often.

It is good there, or Casa Brasil, all you can eat meat, also good.

You'll have to get out of the centre of town for a decent takeaway chippy.

When back for games we always use Mike's Chippy on Queensway. Kinda get to Debenhams then head towards the Port, it's on the right about 100 metres before the Petrol Station about 50m after the Newsagents you can look for Craig David's house as well while down there.

Cheers Phil, bit of a walk from here but might have to resort to it if nothing closer.

I'm a stones throw from Shirley high steeet, I can almost see it from here. Gotta be something there... :rolleyes:

Mrs ecuk268 reckons this is the best one in town.

Pilgrim House has gone downhill lately in my opinion. The best Chinese in town now is Fortune on the corner of Oxford Street.

Anyone liking something different should check out Nepalese restaurant called Everest which is where POSH used to be. The food is absolutely beautiful at very decent prices.

The best chippy used to be in St James' Road but it went to pot when my mate's dad sold it a few years back.

Agreed on the St James chippy. It's not a patch on what it was under the old owners.

He had a heart attack didn't he? Is he ok?

Yes he's OK, enjoying taking it easy. They had a reasonable lottery win (nothing life changing but enough to comfortably pay the bills forever) a few years back. He goes to the odd Saints game when his son gets him a ticket.

Yes he's OK, enjoying taking it easy. They had a reasonable lottery win (nothing life changing but enough to comfortably pay the bills forever) a few years back. He goes to the odd Saints game when his son gets him a ticket.

Good on him. Nice fella.

Obviously the lottery win doesn't stretch to the cost of a Saints ticket! ;)

For nostalgia reasons alone then it has to be Teds on Bedford Place.

I've not lived there for a few years so can't comment regarding recent quality, other than today the chip shop in West End Road / High Street is extremely good! Not walking distance but then you don't mention of you have a car or not!