Gaza

Dog

So now they are 'Jews' rather than secular Israelis? My knowledge of this crisis is far, far better than you might imagine. Actually, if you do just the basic amount of research you would work out that:

a) Jews have lived in the Holy Land since the time of Abraham - a lot further back in time than the last seven days. Jews have also historically gotten on with gentiles living in the region.

b) The state of Israel was totally commited to a peaceful solution and was on the brink of sorting out this mess with the help of the Camp David accords, brokered by the Clinton administration in the US. The reason it did not happen was because Araffat refused due to inter-palestinian politics because the more extreme bigots - the very same Hamas - would not at any cost do a deal with the Israelis as they have NEVER recognized the Twelve Tribes' right to live anywhere in the Holy Land.

c) Israel FORCEABLE removed its own citizens from Palestinian land over the last two years. Some had to be dragged out of the settled-homes at gun point. The democratically elected, secular, government in Israel realised that whilst there were illegal settlers on palestinian land real peace would not be achievable, so they moved them just as the palestinians wanted.

d) Israel is commited to a two-state solution which is widely recognised as the only viable way forward. However, Israel rightly demands that Palestine recognizes the right of the state of Israel to exist before negotiations can begin. So far, the Hamas-heavy leadership both in Gaza and under influence on the West Bank has categorically refused to accept a state of Israel.

e) Syria and Iran are heavily influencing the internal politics of Hamas and the now-defunct Palestinian Authority. Whilst Israel's Arab neighbours are making tentative noises confirming the right of Israel to exist the real drag on making any progress is from Syria and Iran who are keen to keep influence in the region as a proxy to opposing America.

f) And crucially, Hamas deliberately broke the recent ceasefire almost certainly at the behest of their Iranian sponsors.

There is no stealing of land going on. If you are that ill-educated about the situation perhaps you should go to the library and read up on it. There are so many sympathisers in the West who do not have even the basic grasp of what is going on in the Middle East. All they see is Big Bad Israel and Poor Little Palestine and, aided by a very biased media, form these incorrect opinions about Israel stealing land. As I have explained above, it is in fact Israel which has STOPPED its citizens from taking Palestinian land. Israel supplies Palestine with fresh water and electricity and continues to do so, which is most unusual doing wartime.

The propaganda war against Israel is frightening. Israel is the stable, secular democracy in the region and has every right to defend itself against terrorists. I can say with up most certainty that Israel wants good peaceful relationship with a stable, democtratic Palestinian state. Israel has no intentions to wipe out the palestinians. The same can not be said for the Hamas-led palestinian 'state'.

I applaude you... Great post sir....many here are not aware of the true facts, and as you say, their knowledge is fed by a very biast media.

The most saliant point here, is that Hamas are commited to wiping Israel of the face of the earth.........so Dohhhhhhhh, on what basis can you hope for peace.

I have several video's of what's what, a little research on youtube, and you will find them. Like the Palestinian kindergarden kids yes KINDERGARDEN, being taught how to kill Jews.

What if some Jews stole your land and occupied it ? Would you want a Resistance movement to fire missiles at them or would you just leave it and do nothing.

Unfortunately it would appear that your knowledge of the crisis is limited to the last 7 days.

Actually it's just limited.

Ha....this really made me laugh. Cross eyes, maybe a trip to the library is long overdue, or perhaps you should use that tap tap thing for research rather tham just play games on it.

The point about 'stealing' land is two-fold;

firstly the 'state' of Israel is an artificial creation, imposed upon the region in 1947. In creating it, hundreds & hundreds of thousands of jewish immigrants displaced many of the indigenous people, hence the 'palestinians' who are not actually living in Palestine, but in the south of Lebanon, the west bank ( formerly part of Jordan ), or the Gaza strip.

Second, the building of the 'security wall' has taken place on the Palestinian side of the border, rather than on the border. This has resulted in farmers being separated from their fields, families split, etc.

There is propaganda on both sides, and the Israeli message is enhanced by US bias. The truth lies somewhere in between.

Edited by badgerx16
correct a typo

I applaude you... Great post sir....many here are not aware of the true facts, and as you say, their knowledge is fed by a very biast media.

The most saliant point here, is that Hamas are commited to wiping Israel of the face of the earth.........so Dohhhhhhhh, on what basis can you hope for peace.

I have several video's of what's what, a little research on youtube, and you will find them. Like the Palestinian kindergarden kids yes KINDERGARDEN, being taught how to kill Jews.

Biast lol.

People on the other side of the argument will always make such claims - especially when they start to look like the bad guys. I'm sure many pro-Palestinians also think that the media is "biast" but this time against them.

There are plenty of videos on Youtube that support the other side of the story too, like settlers harrassing and attacking Palestinians. Do you deny that goes on or are you just as "biast".

But you cannot deny the rockets that have been falling on Israel for the past 6 years

Equally you cannot deny that the Palestinians have been starved of investment opportunity, and, more importantly, basics such as food, fuel and medicines. Or that Hamas was democratically elected to be the government but is not recognised as the legitimate voice of the Palestinians.

Any nation, effectively blockaded and without the basics for existence, will try all means available to it to try to change that. Whilst our geographic situation means that that is unlikely ever to happen to us, we would do the same if the circumstances were the same.

Both sides have to talk.

Hamas do not speak for the Palestinian people, they speak for the population of Gaza.

What Israel have done on the West Bank is a crime against the Palestinian people but until the USA decides to force Israel to the table nowt will happen but with Jewish lobby in the States so powerful it's going to take a President with balls of steel to achieve owt.

To be honest, I'm sure we'd want to do something if people in Portsmouth were firing missiles at Southampton. It's the same basic idea. You don't put up with attacks...

Quite right. In fact International Law allows countries to take action to defend itself. However International Law also say that any such actions have to be proportionate: 4 Israeli civilians have been killed during this particular bout and 5 soldiers (4 from friendly fire). 595 Palestinians have been killed - 195 of them children.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/7814054.stm

Thing is.

Israel are a small country that has other countries that border it who do not want them to exist and are open about it..

organisations like hamas exist soley to provoke israel into the stuff it is doing now to try and get the west/arab nations to do something...they purposely want isreal to use disproportionate force and isreal have to...

isreal (now it seems) want to stop hamas frpm doing this in the future..

One thing I dont get...countries like UAE and other super rich oil states could fund the palestines and litterally PAY for their hospitals and well being for ever...it would only be pocket change between them...

instead they would rather spunk 200m into man city etc..

Actually they do, the problem is straight back to Dubya - he wanted democracy, they voted for Hamas, who are mainly supported by Syria and of course Iran.

Now nobody down here LIKES the Iranian regime either in fact the UAE have a real issue with them over some Islands they stole. The Saudi's hate them and vice versa as they have different views on Islam and the Iranians don't think they should be in charge of the Holy sites.

So the moderate Governments pump fortunes into aid agencies but won't pump it into the government as they seem them as puppets of the same people who'd actuall like to get their hands on the rest of the Gulf region.

Unfortunately nothing is ever as simple as it seems down here. People get hurt while idiots play politics

Quite right. In fact International Law allows countries to take action to defend itself. However International Law also say that any such actions have to be proportionate: 4 Israeli civilians have been killed during this particular bout and 5 soldiers (4 from friendly fire). 595 Palestinians have been killed - 195 of them children.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/7814054.stm

Meh, they'll call it a matter of perspective.

UN relief driver shot and killed by Israeli soldiers whilst delivering humanitarian relief in the 3 hr cessation of hostilities.

40 refugees killed in UN school.

Israeli forces fail to let Red Cross or Red Crescent attend to wounded and ignore 4 starving children clinging to their dead mothers corpses in contravention of International Humanitarian Law.

Who would have thought that the race that was subjected to the evils of Nazism should themselves embrace the spirit of fascism in their desire to crush and kill their neighbours.

I always said if we had attacked Belfast and Ulster, and blown up 500 paddies that would have worked so much quicker than talking.

i can't even begin to unpack the stupidity and xenophobia of that comment so I'll assume it’s the work of a troll.

Israel is a rogue state that must be stopped. For a national that bore the brunt of one of the worst atrocities in the history of mankind, I'd hope that Israel could show some compassion and understanding for transient, homeless and set-upon peoples. But no, like the victim of the bully who can't wait to find someone smaller than them to pass the violence onto, Israel is going about wiping the Palestinian people off the face of the earth.

Would it be so bad if Iran nuked Israel, I mean, really? OK, that was my troll comment of the day (or the first, at least) But in all seriousness, what is going to stop these armed to the teeth psycho's from doing what the hell they please?

i can't even begin to unpack the stupidity and xenophobia of that comment so I'll assume it’s the work of a troll.

Israel is a rogue state that must be stopped. For a national that bore the brunt of one of the worst atrocities in the history of mankind, I'd hope that Israel could show some compassion and understanding for transient, homeless and set-upon peoples. But no, like the victim of the bully who can't wait to find someone smaller than them to pass the violence onto, Israel is going about wiping the Palestinian people off the face of the earth.

Would it be so bad if Iran nuked Israel, I mean, really? OK, that was my troll comment of the day (or the first, at least) But in all seriousness, what is going to stop these armed to the teeth psycho's from doing what the hell they please?

I'm sure if your basement was infested with vermin and presenting a health hazard to you and your family, you'd want to eradicate them too

Israel is doing nothing more than defend its self against agression....They didnt ask to be continualy attacked and harrased from people who want to "drive them into the sea" Just because they dont share some of the fluffy bunny views of the UK doesn't make them wrong

Some one said here that its not fair because its not 50/50......bless...I say dont bring a knitting needle to a gun fight

if israel's intention was to rid the earth of palestinians...do you not think they would have done so by now..they have the capability..?

also, imagine being a country where on every border, your neighbours are not shy in telling you and the world that they aim (or believe) is to see YOU wiped from existance...

how would you react..?

if israel really wanted to screw the region up they have the power to do so....

also, imagine being a country where on every border, your neighbours are not shy in telling you and the world that they aim (or believe) is to see YOU wiped from existance...

how would you react..?

and can you wonder why !!! They have continually stolen land and murdered the indigenous Palestinian people for years. ( Hang on, didnt Saddam Hussein do that to the Kurds before the Western World declared War on him and eventually hung him for Crimes against Humanity ) Then they grabbed more, stole more and then killed more. FFS after Israel was created they even carried out terrorist attacks on the British, and the instigators of that went on to run the Country.

Israel is a sick vile Country that learnt nothing from its recent history. They were the victims of the Nazis and now they are the bully with no difference in their actions. The world sits by and watches because the Jews run America, their abstention in the UN Vote last night was a sick reminder of this.

and can you wonder why !!! They have continually stolen land and murdered the indigenous Palestinian people for years. ( Hang on, didnt Saddam Hussein do that to the Kurds before the Western World declared War on him and eventually hung him for Crimes against Humanity ) Then they grabbed more, stole more and then killed more. FFS after Israel was created they even carried out terrorist attacks on the British, and the instigators of that went on to run the Country.

Israel is a sick vile Country that learnt nothing from its recent history. They were the victims of the Nazis and now they are the bully with no difference in their actions. The world sits by and watches because the Jews run America, their abstention in the UN Vote last night was a sick reminder of this.

Your analysis of the Zionists is accurate. They murdered British soldiers and now we're supposed to support them.

hmmm..didnt someone post a link up here showing the history of the land they both lay claim to....didnt it show that the palestines are NOT indigenous to that piece of land..???

hmmm..didnt someone post a link up here showing the history of the land they both lay claim to....didnt it show that the palestines are NOT indigenous to that piece of land..???

They have more right to be there than the Jews.

The Jews have been persecuted for well over 1000 years. Perhaps, now that they are in a position of strength they don`t feel like taking any more crap from anyone. Just a thought.

They have more right to be there than the Jews.

who says though..? you, jeff leopard..?

what decides who has more right..? they are certainly not the "indigenous" race of that piece of land...so why is their claim more rightful that the israels..??

one thing is for sure...in the last century the jewish race was subject to unthinkable atrocities..and for that reason they are very patriotic and will not allow their "borders" to be broken....I can sort of see why...hence why they will stop those who oppose them...dont forget, these people who neighbour israel are open about wanting to see the "jews" wiped off the map..!! i mean..ffs

clearly what they are doing seems wrong and everyone can throw in whos fault it is but I can see why israel will defend itself regardless....

and the fact that they are a recognised country by a huge majority of tyhe international community sort of gives israel the right to self defence..

who says though..? you, jeff leopard..?

what decides who has more right..? they are certainly not the "indigenous" race of that piece of land...so why is their claim more rightful that the israels..??

one thing is for sure...in the last century the jewish race was subject to unthinkable atrocities..and for that reason they are very patriotic and will not allow their "borders" to be broken....I can sort of see why...hence why they will stop those who oppose them...dont forget, these people who neighbour israel are open about wanting to see the "jews" wiped off the map..!! i mean..ffs

clearly what they are doing seems wrong and everyone can throw in whos fault it is but I can see why israel will defend itself regardless....

and the fact that they are a recognised country by a huge majority of tyhe international community sort of gives israel the right to self defence..

Every country has the right to self defence. Every country also has the legal duty to conform to International conventions. Israel is manifestly failing to do this.

Every country has the right to self defence. Every country also has the legal duty to conform to International conventions. Israel is manifestly failing to do this.

ok..i see your point..israel stopped to allow aid in..and what happened as soon as they stopped..they were hit with rockets again from ANOTHER country...

israel have clearly had enough and are going to show those who WANT TO WIPE THEM OFF THE MAP they will not be messed with...

ok...where were hamas' duty to these conventions whilst launching rockets into israel willy nilly...with no guidance to hit legit targets...where is their duty when another idiot blows himself up on a bus killing innocent civillians on PURPOSE..

why is it always israels fault etc..

Edited by Thedelldays

If the Arabs put down their weapons today there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons today there would be no more Israel."

hey guys doing an essay for uni on it at the moment, anyone know who said this irrelevent if its true or not, its great quote to understand the israeli mentality. but cant find who said it !?

ok..i see your point..israel stopped to allow aid in..and what happened as soon as they stopped..they were hit with rockets again from ANOTHER country...

israel have clearly had enough and are going to show those who WANT TO WIPE THEM OFF THE MAP they will not be messed with...

ok...where were hamas' duty to these conventions whilst launching rockets into israel willy nilly...with no guidance to hit legit targets...where is their duty when another idiot blows himself up on a bus killing innocent civillians on PURPOSE..

why is it always israels fault etc..

I was actually talking about the fact that the UN gave the co-ordinates of civilian establishments such as the UN school and a retirement home to Israel.

Nonetheless, Israel bombed those two establishments. And refused to allow humanitarian relief in to help people injured in those blasts.

I was actually talking about the fact that the UN gave the co-ordinates of civilian establishments such as the UN school and a retirement home to Israel.

Nonetheless, Israel bombed those two establishments. And refused to allow humanitarian relief in to help people injured in those blasts.

what about the other side...why are you quick to blast israel..sure what they are doing is wrong at times no one disputes that..

whay about why we are here this time round..who broke the ceasefire..who launches rockets into israel "blind"...

who organises suicide bombers in israel towns....???

sure we can go round in cirlces as in who's fault it is..but I can see why israel have had enough...

the statement maxi sopez posted is true IMO...

Your analysis of the Zionists is accurate. They murdered British soldiers and now we're supposed to support them.

I don't think Israel gives a damn whether they have the support from Nanny or not....At the end of the day they're going to defend their right to exist and live in peace whether you like it or not.

They leant a harsh lesson about turning the other cheek back in the '30's....One they'll never forget.........Your whining won't change a thing

Look i think the Israeli bombings of the UN School and other incidents are appalling and completely indefensible. But you have to imagine what the Israeli army is dealing with, this is gorilla warfare Hamas arent shooting from armed bases, if their best position is on top of a roof of a house full of children they will use it. It is Hamas putting these innocent children in deep danger. This is not defending Israel aiming there bombs at it, but excepting that in Gorilla warfare these thing terribly do happen. Hamas missiles are never aimed at Israeli armed bases, its at civillian targets, at least Israel for the most is going for Hamas bases. Although sadly they do seem to get alot of civillians, that a failure of the army.....not i dont think of the actual policy

TDD, days ago on this thread I thought I made it clear that I think both sides are to blame and that my concern was for the innocents suffering.

It seems to me that those innocents are predominately Palestinian civilians and especially children. How can it be right not to allow aid in to help four children who had spent days next to the dead body of their mother. They were unable to stand because they were weak with starvation.

I can remember, years ago, visiting Anne Frank House in Amsterdam and being incredibly upset a photos of Jewish babies being used for target practice by German troops. It was quite the worst thing I've ever seen in my life and has stayed in my mind since.

The slaughter of innocents in Palestine is equally horrific. I'm not taking sides but I am trying to balance your support for Israel by pointing out that there's evil on both sides.

To me, it is hypocritical for Israel to deny humanitarian aid; fuel, food, water, medical supplies and to choose the bits of international law it will abide by or ignore.

To me, it is hypocritical for Israel to deny humanitarian aid; fuel, food, water, medical supplies and to choose the bits of international law it will abide by or ignore.

I agree but arent the Israelis letting them in three hours a day. Sure not enough but it is something, and does show a slight concern by the Israelis. Im not sure if i even agree with my last sentance, but i feel that side should be put

I agree but arent the Israelis letting them in three hours a day. Sure not enough but it is something, and does show a slight concern by the Israelis. Im not sure if i even agree with my last sentance, but i feel that side should be put

But if the Israelis hadn't blockaded them for months beforehand, the situation might not be as volatile as it is now.

These people haven't had regular power, water or basic commodities like flour to make bread for a long time before the current situation. No wonder the Palestinians had to make moves to try to get the blockade shifted.

But if the Israelis hadn't blockaded them for months beforehand, the situation might not be as volatile as it is now.

These people haven't had regular power, water or basic commodities like flour to make bread for a long time before the current situation. No wonder the Palestinians had to make moves to try to get the blockade shifted.

Hamas are though the ruling Government in Palestine, i dont blame the palestinians but many did vote them in..... it is Hamas who launch dozens of rockets in Israel almost daily, this before the ceasefire. I can kind of understand why Israel dont want to help them out that much, and to be fair Israel does allow the UN and other aid agencies, i agree not enough, but in peaceful times they are allowed in.

If the Arabs put down their weapons today there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons today there would be no more Israel."

hey guys doing an essay for uni on it at the moment, anyone know who said this irrelevent if its true or not, its great quote to understand the israeli mentality. but cant find who said it !?

No idea who said it, but its possibly the best one sentence summary ever written on the subject

BTW ....For those who feel the loss of life to a few hundred innocent Palestinians is more important than the security and peaceful future of an entire nation.....Just think back to the 2 nuclear bombs that were dropped on Japan and ended the war there and then....History has proven beyond doubt that was the right decision and saved many more lives in the long run....even Japan has come to agree

Moral is, If you don't want to get into a fight then don't start one

Hamas are though the ruling Government in Palestine, i dont blame the palestinians but many did vote them in..... it is Hamas who launch dozens of rockets in Israel almost daily, this before the ceasefire. I can kind of understand why Israel dont want to help them out that much, and to be fair Israel does allow the UN and other aid agencies, i agree not enough, but in peaceful times they are allowed in.

There haven't been 'peaceful times' in the area since partition in the 1940s.

Israel will never eradicate the Palestinians for one simple reason; if they get rid of the bogeyman they will revert to the internecine infighting their fractured and divisive political system would inevitably fall into. The only way they can create a stable government is to have an occasional war to distract public opinion.

Israel will never eradicate the Palestinians for one simple reason; if they get rid of the bogeyman they will revert to the internecine infighting their fractured and divisive political system would inevitably fall into. The only way they can create a stable government is to have an occasional war to distract public opinion.

You're right - there's not been a stable government in Israel for a long time. Their governments have been mainly coalition if I remember rightly.

I think it's been pointed out before, but it's worth repeating it. Israel is about to hold an election. Nothing like a war to get the popular vote, is there.

Yeh, that's OK, it's just a few ragheads after all.

What complete and utter boll0x.

When has the senile old stupid fu cker ever written anything that isn't total boll0xs?

I'm surprised he's not in the wilds of Idaho already with the commies coming into power in a week or so.

At least I have the satisfaction that he'll be dead before long. I just hope that he hasn't managed to breed.