Wanyama and the St.Marys crowd ...boo or cheer ?

manina-pub

Isn't it an interview? :S

FWIW I was just linking the article. I'm indifferent about all of it. What do we think the chances of him signing a contract are? Pretty slim, I'd have thought.

It may have been an interview, but his advisors probably told him what lines to trot out and perhaps even kiss the badge as well.

I'll always accept players come and go, it's how you go about your business when you're under contract that matters to me.

He probably raked in £100k and contributed to key defeats during his hissy fit. That rankles somewhat.

After Saints had virtually said they would no longer negotiate with Levy, one wonders where this is coming from.

Is it from Wanyama's agent trying to pressurise Saints, which is likely to make them dig their heels in and may well be counterproductive, or is it Spuds getting their ar*e licking London based journo's to try to unsettle things.

It makes you wonder what the attraction of playing at Milton Keynes for a couple of seasons is, unless they are offering much higher wages than we would ever pay.

I just hope that if a deal is done with the appalling Levy, who appears to be blacklisted by a number of other teams, that it is an all upfront cash deal or nothing at our valuation.

Spurs PR Paul Mcgoohan and he's also a fan.

No way can we sell any Saints player to Spurs whilst Levy is chairman and Pochettino is manager.

Personally, I wouldn't want to do any business with Spurs, but its not that simple. Are we going to have a key player, running his contract down, having a strop every summer, but isn't of interest to any of the other "top" teams, what happens from there?

My understanding is that Wanyama had thrown a bit of a strop at the end of the 2014 summer transfer window and obviously did the same this summer. Something has got to give somewhere along the line.

I definitely don't think he'll go in January, but will be gone next summer and unfortunately, just from practical reasons, I reckon it could well be to Spurs.

The press seem to think that Wanyama and Mane will be off in January. It seems inevitable that both will move on eventually (though even the best players to leave appear to be bench warmers - a la Schneiderlin) but as January is a notoriously difficult time to sign good players and as they are both under contract I would hope they will do the decent thing and stay till the summer.

Personally I think Wanyama is really not that bright and is being led like a bull by his agent. If the money is good I could well see him go to Spurs where he will be better off financially but no better off football wise than here. He is more replaceable than Schneiderlin (maybe we can get him back cheap when he's fed up of Van Gaal messing him about).

Mane is a bit different. Clearly a talented player who will do well in any team. But for me he is a very selfish player who gets away with it at Saints because he scores and provides so often. I think so called bigger teams will be less understanding. Maybe I'm wrong and I'll wish him well on his next move but by next summer we will hopefully have JRod approaching his old form to step up again.

I really can't see him going to Spuds. I mentioned before that they have Dier in that position now, who be all accounts, is doing a job. Bottom line is though, if he really doesn't want to play for Saints anymore, then personally. get what we can for him and tell him to bugger off. Some people believe their own press!

I really can't see him going to Spuds. I mentioned before that they have Dier in that position now, who be all accounts, is doing a job. Bottom line is though, if he really doesn't want to play for Saints anymore, then personally. get what we can for him and tell him to bugger off. Some people believe their own press!

If not Spurs, where?