Terrorist Attacks - WARNING: CONTAINS DISTRESSING IMAGES

sadoldgit

I feel that my human rights were violated when I was on a boat trip in the Bay of Naples and I was 'forced' to wear a wrist band to identify myself for the day on and off the boat.

disgusting that this happens today

You really are not very bright are you? Did you get abused as being identified as an asylum seeker?

Are ISIS targeting Tesco employees now?

who would you say was classed as being in the wrong? the syrians/somalians/iraqi's who thought it was acceptable to spit on someone and verbally abuse them for having ID on display. Or the chap with his ID hanging around his neck on a chain?

You really are not very bright are you? Did you get abused as being identified as an asylum seeker?

I was ripped off in a shoe shop for clearly being a tourist. The wrist band must have given it away. It opened my up to all sorts.....disgusting

I feel that my human rights were violated when I was on a boat trip in the Bay of Naples and I was 'forced' to wear a wrist band to identify myself for the day on and off the boat.

disgusting that this happens today

I went to a nightclub last week and they inflicted mental torture on me by forcing me to wear a wristband when I entered the club :(

I was ripped off in a shoe shop for clearly being a tourist. The wrist band must have given it away. It opened my up to all sorts.....disgusting

As I said before, you are not very bright are you? The thing that gave you away was probably the rubber mask and cape.

I went to a nightclub last week and they inflicted mental torture on me by forcing me to wear a wristband when I entered the club :(

Glastonbury is nothing more than an English Auschwitz. The wrist bands they MAKE you wear just to get in is a disgrace

why. it appears you who thinks this wrist band thing is a big deal. no one else.

as Hypo says, stock answer. Not very bright/Miss the point.

Ok I will type this very slowly for you so that you understand ok?

There is a big difference in wearing a wrist band to get into Glastonbury and to have to wear one to get food that identifies you as an asylum seeker and leaves you open to abuse. Do people going into Glastonbury get abused? Do you really not see a difference? If you cant see the difference and if you don't understand the comments from those who objected to the bands and the fact that the company stopped using them, then you really are not very bright.

Ok I will type this very slowly for you so that you understand ok?

There is a big difference in wearing a wrist band to get into Glastonbury and to have to wear one to get food that identifies you as an asylum seeker and leaves you open to abuse. Do people going into Glastonbury get abused? Do you really not see a difference? If you cant see the difference and if you don't understand the comments from those who objected to the bands and the fact that the company stopped using them, then you really are not very bright.

How could the people organising this possibly envisage that they would get abuse? It's like if saints introduced a wristband system for entry and I got abuse for wearing it from a rival fan. The blame would lie with the fan not saints.

If anyone is guilty here it is the people who abused migrants, not those who gave them wristbands in order to give them food.

Forget "guilt." Think about how asylum seekers are targeted for abuse and how making it very easy to identify them isn't really very helpful. If you were in another country with your family in the same circumstances would you rather try and blend in and not be an obvious target for the morons who pick on these people or would you like it highlighted to all and sundry?

How could the people organising this possibly envisage that they would get abuse? It's like if saints introduced a wristband system for entry and I got abuse for wearing it from a rival fan. The blame would lie with the fan not saints.

Like Batman you seem unable to make the mental leap between being identified as a concert goer or a football fan and being identified as an asylum seeker. In your example many football fans wear the team shirt so that might be a bit of a give away. Do asylum seekers wear shirts that say ASYLUM SEEKER?

Forget "guilt." Think about how asylum seekers are targeted for abuse and how making it very easy to identify them isn't really very helpful. If you were in another country with your family in the same circumstances would you rather try and blend in and not be an obvious target for the morons who pick on these people or would you like it highlighted to all and sundry?

Hold on, has there been a lot of targeted abuse at asylum seekers in Britain? I certainly haven't seen any other than this report. Besides it's a wristband in the middle of winter. Cover it with a jumper then you're not broadcasting it to anyone. It's hardly the equivalent of carrying a sign and ringing a bell.

Probably nothing to do with the wristband - being a dopey **** is giveaway enough.

Edited by shurlock

Hold on, has there been a lot of targeted abuse at asylum seekers in Britain? I certainly haven't seen any other than this report. Besides it's a wristband in the middle of winter. Cover it with a jumper then you're not broadcasting it to anyone. It's hardly the equivalent of carrying a sign and ringing a bell.

We all know that Batman has issue with "Johnny Foreigners" Hypo but I had you pegged one or two further up the foodchain. Many of these people have risked their lives to get away and left everything they own behind to escape persecution. There have been plenty of reports of asylum seekers being abused and attacked (although Batman sees it as his loyal duty to only copy and paste links to migrants who break the law) and it cant be a bundle of fun leaving one country where you are persecuted only to be abused in another. If an asylum seekers tells me that they are having problems with abuse and don't want to be singled out for whatever reason, I would rather listen to them than a couple of people on an internet forum who seem to have a problem with asylum seekers. Try putting yourself in their shoes for a minute.

We all know that Batman has issue with "Johnny Foreigners" Hypo but I had you pegged one or two further up the foodchain. Many of these people have risked their lives to get away and left everything they own behind to escape persecution. There have been plenty of reports of asylum seekers being abused and attacked (although Batman sees it as his loyal duty to only copy and paste links to migrants who break the law) and it cant be a bundle of fun leaving one country where you are persecuted only to be abused in another. If an asylum seekers tells me that they are having problems with abuse and don't want to be singled out for whatever reason, I would rather listen to them than a couple of people on an internet forum who seem to have a problem with asylum seekers. Try putting yourself in their shoes for a minute.

You'd think they'd be grateful for any food and shelter that the people of Britain provide. This is a gift, not a right. If they don't like it they can always go back to the place they left, or ask someone else to put them up.

You'd think they'd be grateful for any food and shelter that the people of Britain provide. This is a gift, not a right. If they don't like it they can always go back to the place they left, or ask someone else to put them up.

I don't know for sure but I expect that they are grateful. I doubt if they are grateful for being told to go back to their own country if they don't care to be abused. And there was me thinking that you were called "Whitey" due to the colour of your hair.

Edited by sadoldgit

No offence but I'm not prepared to take your claim that "there have been plenty of reports of asylum seekers being abused and attacked" at face value considering your history of making stuff up to suit your argument. I'm not saying that these reports don't exist about Britain but I certainly haven't seen anything recent to suggest that it has been a big problem previous to this incident. If that is the case them I'm not sure how these organisers were supposed to assume that the asylum seekers would get abuse because they get given a wristband so that they can receive aid.

Edited by hypochondriac

what the hell are you on about?

No offence but I'm not prepared to take your claim that "there have been plenty of reports of asylum seekers being abused and attacked" at face value considering your history of making stuff up to suit your argument. I'm not saying that these reports don't exist about Britain but I certainly haven't seen anything recent to suggest that it has been a big problem previous to this incident. If that is the case them I'm not sure how these organisers were supposed to assume that the asylum seekers would get abuse because they get given a wristband so that they can receive aid.

You can believe what you want Hypo but the news is out there if you care to bother to look. They might not have realised that the bands would single out asylum seekers but it would appear that was the case and fair play to the company for changing the system when they realised it was a problem. As you said earlier, it is the ***ts who single these people out who are the main problem, but it shouldn't be made easy for them. If I were an asylum seeker and getting told to eff off back to my own country or having eggs and dog sh*t thrown at my home I certainly wouldnt want anything to single me out as a target.

You can believe what you want Hypo but the news is out there if you care to bother to look. They might not have realised that the bands would single out asylum seekers but it would appear that was the case and fair play to the company for changing the system when they realised it was a problem. As you said earlier, it is the ***ts who single these people out who are the main problem, but it shouldn't be made easy for them. If I were an asylum seeker and getting told to eff off back to my own country or having eggs and dog sh*t thrown at my home I certainly wouldnt want anything to single me out as a target.

To be fair soggy, I think the eggs and dogsh1t on your wall is more of a clue than the bracelet hidden under your sleeve.

what the hell are you on about?

Oh hi Batman, got time to read this forum then? I thought you would be too busy finding more stories about asylum seekers and migrants doing bad things and pasting them here. I know the Daily Mail is a favourite of yours but was not in the least bit surprised when you failed to copy and paste their report of the problems that some asylum seekers had with wristbands. Why was that? Didn't see it or didn't it fit with your agenda?

Oh hi Batman, got time to read this forum then? I thought you would be too busy finding more stories about asylum seekers and migrants doing bad things and pasting them here. I know the Daily Mail is a favourite of yours but was not in the least bit surprised when you failed to copy and paste their report of the problems that some asylum seekers had with wristbands. Why was that? Didn't see it or didn't it fit with your agenda?

Still have no idea what you are on about.

I kind of like the governments approach. Not let anyone who turns up in, take care of those in real need. Like real asylum seekers in the middle east and look to ensure the small kids have a future.

if that means I hate 'johnny foreigner'...and that the government does, then fine.

I have been all over the world, experienced many cultures including various forms of islamic culture (which is more than you, going off your adivce of reading this thread)...but hey, if I hate johnny foreigner for all of that then fair enough.

I don't know for sure but I expect that they are grateful. I doubt if they are grateful for being told to go back to their own country if they don't care to be abused. And there was me thinking that you were called "Whitey" due to the colour of your hair.

Are you accusing me of racism???

Because if you are, I most strongly object and ask that you withdraw your remark. At no time have I ever mentioned race or colour.

Resorting to accusations of racism are the the lowest form of argument and are not worthy of you.

I kind of like the governments approach. Not let anyone who turns up in, take care of those in real need. Like real asylum seekers in the middle east and look to ensure the small kids have a future.

if that means I hate 'johnny foreigner'...and that the government does, then fine.

I have been all over the world, experienced many cultures including various forms of islamic culture (which is more than you, going off your adivce of reading this thread)...but hey, if I hate johnny foreigner for all of that then fair enough.

A reasonable approach.

Are you accusing me of racism???

Because if you are, I most strongly object and ask that you withdraw your remark. At no time have I ever mentioned race or colour.

Resorting to accusations of racism are the the lowest form of argument and are not worthy of you.

"If they don't like it they can always go back to the place they left." ???

I have travelled a lot including many Islamic countries thanks. If you are so well grounded Batman then why are you so fixated with a small minority of people who are intent on causing trouble?

I have travelled a lot including many Islamic countries thanks. If you are so well grounded Batman then why are you so fixated with a small minority of people who are intent on causing trouble?

Really? Because you display a woeful ignorance of faiths and other cultures if we are using this thread as a guide.

Really? Because you display a woeful ignorance of faiths and other cultures if we are using this thread as a guide.

Really? In what way exactly? Is it because I don't think that all Muslims are terrorists or that all asylum seekers/migrants are potential rapists/troublemakers?

Edited by sadoldgit

Really? In what way exactly? Is it because I don't think that all Muslims are terrorists or that all asylum seekers/migrants are potential rapists/troublemakers?

No it most definitely is not that. There are quite a few examples but one is where you think comparing yourself to christ makes you more likely to be a Christian. *waits for post to say I missed the point.

im not. Just commenting on this particular subject and back the governments approach to this

Neither does anyone else