Sofiane Boufal

Matthew Le God

1 hour ago, SotonianWill said:

I have decent memories of Boufal as a player for saints, his wikipedia highlights the key parts of his tenure for me

7CE4AB0A-FB39-41DD-9361-62633E9DC504.jpeg

Ran into a kitchen table. Sums him up, head down, never looking up. Skilful footballer but no end product. He does seem to have developed since he left us.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, once_bitterne said:

Boufal has an an amazing knack of being praised for doing f'k all.  He scored 3 goals in 4 years of being paid by us and yet some fans still maintain he was great.

Likewise he managed zero goals and zero assists at this WC yet some on here are saying he had a 'great competition' lol!

Indeed. He looked like exactly the player we had while at Saints. Excellent skill, super close control, exciting, but can't do anything remotely useful in terms of creating assists or goals. He's a FIFA Street kinda footballer. Would be perfect on one of these Gen Z Footy Youtube channels where they'd all call him sick, blud and fam and he'd be a "top baller". But he's not worth much on the pitch during a professional mens game.

• Like 3

On 16/12/2022 at 00:19, Lighthouse said:

Redmond, on separate occasions, scored eight and nine goals in all comps, in a single season. Boufal either scored one or two. I don't even rate Redmond but he clearly contributed far more overall.

But this is pretty much down to redmond being a Ralph favourite so getting constant starts and being one of the first names on the sheet(undeservedly) boufal never really got a constant run in the side going ..

5 hours ago, pimpin4rizeal said:

But this is pretty much down to redmond being a Ralph favourite so getting constant starts and being one of the first names on the sheet(undeservedly) boufal never really got a constant run in the side going ..

Boufal was in signed in the same window for significantly more money than Redmond but could never get into the team consistently under four managers.

How that is all actually Ralph Hasenhuttl’s fault I'm not sure but you definitely know best.

Edited by CB Fry
  • Like 1