Katarina meeting with Asian personnel.

Monk

So as per your name there's some uncertainty in this??

But I generally agree with your comments and currently I'd take a gamble as well - but not along the lines of the blue lot down the road

To be honest when considering the current obscene amount of cash sloshing around the Premier League, gambling 'aint what it used to be when the likes of Leeds and Pompey thought they were playing the market whilst playing Russian Roulette.

Will be interesting to see how Everton get on next 3-4 years. They are similar in size to us, very similar incomes each year and similar sized debts.

Although it didn't go exactly to plan this summer they are making the right noises and seem very ambitious.

Wonder if the can have a serious crack at breaking the top 7's hold?

I don't think you should fear change. if you look at SFC like rolling a dice then our situation now, as it stands, it may only be a two or three. go for something bigger and better, yeah, we could easily roll a six!!

We could also roll a one :?

I'd rather take a gamble and have a chance at winning trophies - under the current ownership we have no hope IMHO

We've got no hope of matching the breathtaking achievements of Wigan, Birmingham City and Swansea with our current ownership holding us back so much.

3.1/10.

Just for clarification, the main restaurant at Limewood is called Hartnett and Holder [Angela Hartnett of Gordon Ramsey fame and a nice guy called Luke Holder] and it is in no way a fine dining venue. It's an Italian restaurant where three courses is typically about £45-£50 per head. It's very relaxed but the food can be very nice.

No let's not rewrite history we haven't sold better players than we have bought in. We lost a better manager, he's proving it again at Everton. Vic was class and we miss him, mane looks amazing for Liverpool too and Pelle was a valuable asset we haven't replaced. Also, there a 30 million surplus on transfers.

We keep getting this drip, drip and yet more drip on about Wanyama and Mane. What would you have done to make them stay - throw **** loads of money at them? They had decided to go - stop harping on about them. Re Koeman - only time will tell but there is an awful lot of presumption in your post.

He did. He just said "the new owners won't be any better, they might be worse and they might not know what they're doing, either", in his own way.

If he thinks that he might actually say it..... As we don't know who they might be though that is hardly an opinion it is still just aspersion on another persons post.

I'm sick of watching us sell our best players EVERY season

I'm fed up with us not reinvesting the money we receive from player sales

I'm annoyed that our managers can be just taken at ease by other premiership clubs

The "defectors watch" we will run out of clubs to hate

If this can't or won't improve under Kat then a change is probably needed. Kat has maybe taken us as far as she can or wants to.

Personally I'd like us to win something at some stage and under Kat perhaps finishing top 10 is the best we can hope for. I simply can't celebrate that

1. Whilst Mane was undoubtedly one of our best players, its hard to see where Pelle would have played. Wanyama is a lost, but he didn't want to stay. Mane went for silly money and we haven't even seen his replacement play yet. You can't argue that he has gone to a bigger club, whether we want to admit it or not. Pelle, for £250K a week is obscene. Nobody can begrudge the guy that and we were looking to sell him in January. It wasn't as if he was a definite starter either. Big Vic has gone to a champ leagues club which is also bigger than us. What, exactly, did you want the club to do in each of those situations?

2. New contracts. Its not hard to see where the money has gone. Perhaps they saved some for January as well. Why re-invest just for re-investments sake? We've moaned about players not signing long term deals. The club has done that, the money has to come from somewhere. From day 1, the owners wanted us to be self sustaining. If the choice was selling Wanyama and keeping Van Dyke for another 2 years, its a no brainer. The players we have brought in also look decent so far, and probably as important, they actually want to be here.

3. By offering the 6th biggest salary in world football you mean? That's how easily they took him? Do you think Koeman is the 6th best manager in the world and deserves that ridiculous salary? Would you have wanted him here on a rolling contract which basically screams "I'm waiting for something bigger?". If the manager is showing no commitment, why should the players? Why only sign a 1 year contract here, but a 3 year one at Everton?

4. Why hate the other clubs and just enjoy the one you support. We've just played our first proper Europa League group game and won 3-0. We're going to the San Siro We may even get a result there.

Perhaps Kat has taken us as far as she wants to. Perhaps she doesn't want to spunk millions into the never ending pit of running a football club. Perhaps she is willing to take 6-7x back her investment - and if she does, her family deserve it. They saved us when nobody else did. They've given us some amazing memories and created an amazing journey.

We would all love a cup. But I'd also be proud of being a sustainable club finishing top 10 and watching enjoyable football and doing it "our" way.

Under Kat, we've had 7 years of sustainable improvement. We've been a consistent top 8 finisher. We've created multi-million pound players from our Academy and from improving players. And now, actually, some of them want to stay.

We could just go and blow £100mil like Newcastle did. Or go and spend £30mil on a player who has 1 goal in nearly 30 games. Or go and pay Andy Carrol £100K a week. Cause all of that guarantees a top 8 finish, doesn't it?

I think you mean we have sold better players than we've got in Roger.

Lallana, Mane, Wanyama, Toby, Lovren, Shaw, Clyne, Pelle, Morgan etc would all improve our team.

Tottenham came 3rd last year, almost one the league and tried to end the summer with Toby, Morgan and Wanyama as their spine. We did well, but we sold our souls for money and got lucky with Koeman. The End. Reed has been found out this year and deserves wholesomely all the flack he gets.

Behave!

Now who's rewriting history!

Lallana was replaced by Mane. I'd say that was an upgrade. He's now been replaced by Boufal. Lets wait and see how he does.

Toby was never ours to sell. Even if he was, hard to argue about who's better out of him and VvD. But seeing as one of them signed a long term contract, and one didn't want to, I'm happy how it turned out.

Lovren...just...just no...

Shaw replaced by Bertrand +£20mil. Hard to argue either way. Don't think we'd be any better or worse with Shaw than Betrand.

Clyne - I'll give you that one.

Pelle - Massive loss under the old system but under the old system, Austin could do a job there too. If Austin gets more than 12 goals this season, is that an upgrade?

Morgan - Yep, massive loss. But he hasn't improved since he left. In fact, he's probably gone backwards.

Wanyama - I was never a massive fan - loved his destroyer side, hated his passing side. Interesting to see how Højbjerg develops and whether he will be used there in the future.

People keep saying its luck. Pardew, Adkins, Poch, Koeman and now Puel's had 5 games. The track record speaks for itself. How the hell Reed has been found out after 5 games, where we have lost to two of the biggest clubs in the country away and that's basically it, is beyond comprehension.