Katarina meeting with Asian personnel.

Monk

I see it a slightly different way, while there has been a lot of change on the pitch, we wouldn't have been able to weather it had there not been the off-the-field stability her ownership provides.

As a result i'm very much of the 'be careful what you wish for' standpoint here.

yup! She has steadied the ship, just needs get agrip on a reliable crew. Unfortunately, there is a dearth of able seamen that will work on anything other than a flagship.......aye matey!

If true, we may be approaching a defining moment in SFC history. There seems no doubt the current regime are reluctant to push the financial envelope to (potentially) take us to the next level, instead reverting to an endless five year plan. Meanwhile, a wave of mainly Asian investors is starting to recapitalize the PL and it may well mean that those left behind may find it difficult to bridge the gap. What the long term future is with such investors is anyone's guess, but critically for us how might Saints fit into this scenario and do we think it worth a shot at a bright future if we get the chance or stay with a more steady as she goes approach and hope we don't get left behind?

Of course, the ultimate answer will not be made by this forum and if anything happens we will simply be told, like it or not, of any decision in due course.

Wish Markus was still alive :(

I wonder if he was still alive would things have played out differently

What you mean better than 6 years of better placed finishes, Premier league & European football?

You make it sound as though it's been a disaster....bizarre.

I think we're a home draw against Swansea away from people planning a protest march or flying a plane over the stadium.

Weird assumption that this has anything to do with selling the club full stop, tbh. There are all kinds of opportunities to market Saints in China that could bring in loads of cash and "grow the brand" in the way the club has said they will try to which don't involve the club being sold, all of which could involve our owner meeting some Chinese business people.

Weird assumption that this has anything to do with selling the club full stop, tbh. There are all kinds of opportunities to market Saints in China that could bring in loads of cash and "grow the brand" in the way the club has said they will try to which don't involve the club being sold, all of which could involve our owner meeting some Chinese business people.

They are planning a new line of fortune cookies that all say " you lose today. Shoulda Bawt stwikah!"

yes, that was wacist. Bite me! ;)

No assumption made my friend.

To be honest the name of that restaurant has intrigued me for about thirty years, they were obviously going for a niche US cruise ship business - I believe that the prawn crackers are number zero on the menu!...

Hehe, soz, my bad!!... just assumed the Pearl Harbour restaurant would be Japanese and you were being a bit dumb .... and now I find out it was me being dumb all along.

.... but not as dumb as the person who was inspired to call a chinky the 'Pearl Harbour' :D

LOL!......sneaky Canadians sucking up to the US, while putting one past us,

You're suckers for a reach round. You even give complete strangers toys to use on you. Still that will all end when Trump is World Leader. Thank fk for America. always making other countries look better. ;)

Nothing better than hosting a bunch of stinking rich Chinese blokes by taking them for an all you can east chinky where the fat local women whack their baps out to feed their kids in full view of the restaurant

Stay classy

You sound like an inbetweener.

Presume you have no kids (well, none that you see regularly at least). If you can't avoid ogling breast feeding mums that's your problem.

But we're still Southampton. Even if we offer the same money, we're a smaller club with less history, a smaller stadium and players will always dream of playing for certain clubs. Or just living in a bigger city. Will take a long time to become bigger. We are doing it, we're bigger each season we stay up in the top 8, bigger and richer but it'll take years of doing well and winning a trophy or two to really be considered big.

Same money? Pretty sure they'd have offered more and in reality that is what really matters, I mean there are players who have moved to Qatar, China, Russia etc. because of the cash thrown at them.

Playing in the Premier League, living in England, and in the South as well plus earning boat loads of cash, I think a lot of players would go for that.

Do Utds multiple titles play a factor? I seriously doubt it, it's because they pay £150k a week to squad players and because they will challenge for titles.

Chelsea and Man City were hardly huge clubs before their take overs with a rich history of trophies, nor did either have a great stadium to play in, and Manchester hardly has much appeal to live in, they threw cash at some players and some of inevitably stuck, that allowed them to make the jump up to where they were competing with the big clubs.

Chelsea and Man City were hardly huge clubs before their take overs with a rich history of trophies, nor did either have a great stadium to play in, and Manchester hardly has much appeal to live in, they threw cash at some players and some of inevitably stuck, that allowed them to make the jump up to where they were competing with the big clubs.

That's utter nonsense Man City and Chelsea were both in the top ten most successful clubs in England PRIOR to their buy outs, both City and Chelsea had average crowds historically that dwarfed most other clubs (City even got an average of 28,000 in league one).

Manchester is also one of the most desirable places to live in the country, with the area of cheshire having some of the most expensive properties in the country and Manchester being infamous for night life, music and culture.

As much as i love Saints we're not even close to being comparable in terms of history, attendances or attractive destinations sadly, in fact i often am hugely surprised how much people over estimate how attractive Hampshire is to live for a mid 20's footballer.

There's a huge dearth of things to do in comparison with even Brighton or Bristol, let alone London, Manchester, Birmingham or Liverpool. Sadly Southampton is something of a cultural blackhole, built around students and chain pubs. The likes of which the elite of footballers are unlikely to ever find that enticing.

That's utter nonsense Man City and Chelsea were both in the top ten most successful clubs in England PRIOR to their buy outs, both City and Chelsea had average crowds historically that dwarfed most other clubs (City even got an average of 28,000 in league one).

Manchester is also one of the most desirable places to live in the country, with the area of cheshire having some of the most expensive properties in the country and Manchester being infamous for night life, music and culture.

As much as i love Saints we're not even close to being comparable in terms of history, attendances or attractive destinations sadly, in fact i often am hugely surprised how much people over estimate how attractive Hampshire is to live for a mid 20's footballer.

There's a huge dearth of things to do in comparison with even Brighton or Bristol, let alone London, Manchester, Birmingham or Liverpool. Sadly Southampton is something of a cultural blackhole, built around students and chain pubs. The likes of which the elite of footballers are unlikely to ever find that enticing.

Having lived in all of those places you mention for a few years at a time, the only decent one is (surprisingly) Liverpool. Southampton has gone very downhill but I doubt many of the players live in Northam or Lower Shirley/Millbrook/Townhill Park/Lordshill etc. You can find wags in short skirts, decent countryside, and a train to London pretty much anywhere.

Man City might have had a lot of support but they weren't a 'big' club. Nor were Chelsea. They were like Everton/Sunderland/Newcastle in the 'should do better' category while definitely being miles behind Liverpool, Man Utd and even the likes of Leeds and Sheff Weds, Spurs and Arsenal. They weren't that much above us.

As for History, didn't our very own JWP say he'd never heard of RK and had to look him up on Youtube and was then suitably impressed? While I would expect a foreigner to know more about Man U and Liverpool because they're well-known everywhere the other jonny-come-latelies will just attract fans for as long as they have a name/brand like Leicester did and who are already consigned to history as a 'one-off', an example of how 'great' the PL is (and so why you should pay loads for Sky and Paul Merson's waistline), why Pogba is the greatest player even (Pelle - sic - being ancient history -- in a Brazil team before football existed --) they're in it for the money. Bragging rights will come into it, but the money's good compensation if they don't win it and only a few do. Most of what they spout is PR guff, anyway.