Katarina meeting with Asian personnel.

Monk

I remember the picture of you proudly holding up the receipt of the red shirt you scuttled off down the club shop to buy.

That's funny as normally your memory is not great if you are asked to prove things....

Oh....... update you couldn't prove it!

Lol you do make yourself look an extremely sad individual on a regular basis!

Poor baby!

I always wonder why hush hush meetings are done within 20 minutes of our training ground and not in Geneva etc. Anyway I wouldn't take a client to Limewood, not classy IMO allowing women to breast feed in the fine dining area ffs .

i know it's trendy but

They should be able to breast feed wherever they like without dickheads moaning about it but that's another debate....

It's a disgrace that the greatest youth coach world football has ever known, Jason Dodd is now plying his trade at, well, at, um, at err, effing nowhere.

Must be that every other club in the world just couldn't cope with his supreme talent.

Understand Jason Dodd took over from Lew Chatterley as Sports Coach at Winchester College

I wouldnt want to pay to go and eat somewhere and see a woman whacking her bangers out for some brat to feed on

I agree in discretion but this attitude towards breast feeding really irritates me. We are humans and humans feed from their mothers.

Like I said though, this is for a different thread.

I think people criticizing our owners also need to take a minute and look at whats happened to Coventry. I don't think some realise just how close we were to being taken over by SISU. Now they HAVE asset stripped Coventry. They don't own the stadium or training ground anymore and have not a pot to **** in. That was the biggest bullet dodged in our entire history. We could very well be league 2 with portsmouth had that gone through.

I think people criticizing our owners also need to take a minute and look at whats happened to Coventry. I don't think some realise just how close we were to being taken over by SISU. Now they HAVE asset stripped Coventry. They don't own the stadium or training ground anymore and have not a pot to **** in. That was the biggest bullet dodged in our entire history. We could very well be league 2 with portsmouth had that gone through.

Whilst I agree with you about breast feeding I think you're wrong in assuming we were close to a SISU take over. As far as I remember, Lowe wouldn't even entertain the thought of them taking over and even said it was a very bad deal.

Not really a dodged bullet, but certainly a wake up for anyone moaning about how we're run.

I always wonder why hush hush meetings are done within 20 minutes of our training ground and not in Geneva etc. Anyway I wouldn't take a client to Limewood, not classy IMO allowing women to breast feed in the fine dining area ffs .

i know it's trendy but

I would imagine if there's any truth to this that the hush hush meetings were done somewhere else, at some point though they are going to see what they may be buying

Of course the fact shes head of a multi million pound company that has nothing to do with Southampton FC might be linked with her meeting with the Chinese

Is she ? Or are you and others still managing to confuse her with the Liebherr company name ?

I'd take another 10 years of Liebherr ownership over the numpties that seem to be the norm in football. Watford, Hull, Cardiff, Leeds etc I think our fishy neighbours are a fine example of what could easily have happened to us

Totally agree.

Yes I'd have liked a little more ambition in the transfer market, and to retain some our better players, but I don't see the change of owner as the solution for this at all. Compare the stability we've seen under the Liebherr's with what we might face with some unknown Chinese/Russian/Arab owner who fancies a quick dalliance with English Football (clubs you've mentioned).

Edited by Badger

looks like you can't help slipping into ***** mode on a Sunday morning. Why is it you always look for fights? You have a lot to say and can be quite witty but then you can't help belittling or being sarky. You really are a strange one.

Not sure if that is aimed at my post above, but are you dissatisfied with the stability and ownership under the Liebherr's that you might wish it away on the wave of new investment we're seeing ? Whilst Leicester have secured sound investment we could easily end up with a Vincent Tan, Leeds or Watford type of owner. This is without resorting to a SISU.

Edited by Badger

Commercial link up with a Chinese club/business to increase our exposure in that market would be my guess.

We've been trying to do that in the USA and would only be logical to do the same in China.

Even if it was a takeover by some very rich investors willing to splash the cash, there is not a lot more we could do, FFP stops new Chelsea/Man City situations from happening.

We can spend more yes but some things won't change. How could Mane or Wanyama have been made to stay? You lose them for nothing, have annoyed players? Doing that probably puts some off joining the club too. If big famous clubs come calling we will lose the best players. All we can do is invest and replace/grow well.

If Boufal is near the player he seems he won't be here that long will he. But we'd get a big profit and get to see a great player. If you'd been told we'd get 2 good years out of Mane, a couple of hattricks and near treble his price I'm sure we'd have gone for that. I'd settle for the same from Boufal right now.

Except the likes of City/Chelsea after their take overs would have thrown big wages at those sort of players and promised/shown them big investment in the club. Some would obviously still go, but a lot more would stay and that is how Chelsea/Man City rapidly progressed from middling clubs to competing/overtaking with the Utds and Liverpools.

FFP prevents that though.

We are still a good investment to potential buyers but they aren't suddenly going to be able throw money at us to turn us into a Champions league club, all they go do really was ensure we maximise our potential under FFP each season. That will help with progression but it will still be slow and steady, not much different from what is trying to be done now.

Probably with Billionaire investors ready to throw money at the club, then this season we might have seen one/two more players in but doubt they can do much more under the rules.

Bit of gossip; apparently Kat met Chinese personnel at Lime Wood last week. It was all very hush hush.

Could be anything....

I was told the same thing a couple of days after the Watford game, from a work colleague who has absolute no interest in football and it had come from his friends daughter who works there.

So unless there has been two meetings at Limewood, then it is probably just a story doing the rounds

Commercial link up with a Chinese club/business to increase our exposure in that market would be my guess.

We've been trying to do that in the USA and would only be logical to do the same in China.

Even if it was a takeover by some very rich investors willing to splash the cash, there is not a lot more we could do, FFP stops new Chelsea/Man City situations from happening.

It doesn't if the owners are willing to pay the fines and deal with the (not particularly scary) sanctions

Not sure if that is aimed at my post above, but are you dissatisfied with the stability and ownership under the Liebherr's that you might wish it away on the wave of new investment we're seeing ? Whilst Leicester have secured sound investment we could easily end up with a Vincent Tan, Leeds or Watford type of owner. This is without resorting to a SISU.

No sorry was replying to CB Fry who had sarcastically and wrongly made inferences to what I said in a prior post. I am quite happy with our owner but it seems these days the big money in China talks the loudest.

No it isn't.

They haven't built phase 2 of Staplewood yet.

This extension to the main pavillion has planning permission but construction hasn't started...

Bz8TsPTCMAAHj0F.png

Bz8TofrIIAELxzX.png

Not much point now in spending on Staplewood if we haven't got the money or desire to invest in strikers and other key players that will bring the squad back to the high standard of recent seasons

Not much point now in spending on Staplewood if we haven't got the money or desire to invest in strikers and other key players that will bring the squad back to the high standard of recent seasons

The extension is for the academy, not the 1st team. Look at the floor plans and it is for classrooms, academy gym, academy offices etc.

The extension is for the academy, not the 1st team. Look at the floor plans and it is for classrooms, academy gym, academy offices etc.

What's that got to do with it? He said there's no point in spending money on that if we aren't going to spend it on the first team.

Funny how we can be a bit blinkered in our love for all things liebher and the stability they bring....we've had four managers in four years (complete with their own coaching teams) and have sold almost a first team of talent over the last three years. The fact that we achieved the league positions we have has been incredible but stability isn't a word I'd associate with Kats tenure.

If she is selective over who she sells too (i.e. not gun running lunatic despots) then perhaps a change in ownership is our next step forward.

What's that got to do with it? He said there's no point in spending money on that if we aren't going to spend it on the first team.

We train academy players to play for the first team. Investing in Staplewood and the academy is for the benefit of the club.

Plus we are spending money on the first team. People remain too focused on transfer net spend. I think it is very likely the 14 new senior player contracts (6 new + 8 improved) this season will have increased our wage bill. Plus you have signicant signing on fees, agent fees etc which are often overlooked by fans.

Funny how we can be a bit blinkered in our love for all things liebher and the 'stability' they bring....we've had four managers in four years (complete with their own coaching teams) and have sold almost a first team of talent over the last three years. The fact that we achieved the league positions we have has been incredible but stability isn't a word I'd associate with Kats tenure.

This is a fair point.

Funny how we can be a bit blinkered in our love for all things liebher and the stability they bring....we've had four managers in four years (complete with their own coaching teams) and have sold almost a first team of talent over the last three years. The fact that we achieved the league positions we have has been incredible but stability isn't a word I'd associate with Kats tenure.

If she is selective over who she sells too (i.e. not gun running lunatic despots) then perhaps a change in ownership is our next step forward.

good point and missed by many of us

Agree with this. Imo now is the time for a change. The liebherrs have done incredible things for this club and will rightfully always be loved but if we're to move on to the next level a change is necessary

I see it a slightly different way, while there has been a lot of change on the pitch, we wouldn't have been able to weather it had there not been the off-the-field stability her ownership provides.

As a result i'm very much of the 'be careful what you wish for' standpoint here.

Not usually. The Principals agree the deal. The lawyers get involved to draw up the contract.

At the sort of level and sums involved here, I too would have expected discussions involving their representatives rather than face to face even at early stages.

This is a multi-million pound business although some on here have suggested it is run like a B&B at times.