Wang Jianlin looking at 175m takeover of Southampton according to Sunday Mirror

Matthew Le Tissier

A few months back I posted on here that Cortese was in London holding meetings with potential new owners.

The plan I believe has been work in progress for some time.

He wants to have complete control of the club.

He is planning on heading the purchase of the club with his very good friend Dalian Wanda.

There is no way on earth the man would have done everything he has done to date at the training ground etc and walk away. He has used KL money to build it to a standard where it would be more attractive to purchase and would be cheaper to buy it with the work already completed rather than buy the club and use the new money to have it done.

As much as I would like to see him gone for good in afraid I think his return will be sooner rather than later.

Its common knowledge KL has only kept the club to keep Marcus 9 year old grandson happy as he has become a saints fan. He on occasions flys in with his friend and shaperone to watch matches. And to date he has been the reason she has not sold it on

He also with his attention to detail planed his 3 months notice to fall in the transfer window. I believe they were happy to wait till the end of the season but a disagreement with kl in this transfer window has speeded things up.

This is why poch is hanging on as its expected if kl doesn't dig her heals in they will soon be in each others arms again.

http://www.cityam.com/article/1378945247/sunseeker-buyer-wanda-has-5bn-year-invest-overseas

Don't shoot the messenger! These things can fall apart as quick as they start but only time will tell!

Edited by Matthew Le Tissier

Before someone else covers your post in a jizz of facepalms and mcinnes

You do realise that Dalian Wanda is not a person? That it is a name of a company, derived from where its headquarters are located, Dalian, China.

File away in the thick MLT b******t folder

:mcinnes:

A few months back I posted on here that Cortese was in London holding meetings with potential new owners.

The plan I believe has been work in progress for some time.

He wants to have complete control of the club.

He is planning on heading the purchase of the club with his very good friend Dalian Wanda.

There is no way on earth the man would have done everything he has done to date at the training ground etc and walk away. He has used KL money to build it to a standard where it would be more attractive to purchase and would be cheaper to buy it with the work already completed rather than buy the club and use the new money to have it done.

As much as I would like to see him gone for good in afraid I think his return will be sooner rather than later.

Its common knowledge KL has only kept the club to keep Marcus 9 year old grandson happy as he has become a saints fan. He on occasions flys in with his friend and shaperone to watch matches. And to date he has been the reason she has not sold it on

He also with his attention to detail planed his 3 months notice to fall in the transfer window. I believe they were happy to wait till the end of the season but a disagreement with kl in this transfer window has speeded things up.

This is why poch is hanging on as its expected if kl doesn't dig her heals in they will soon be in each others arms again.

http://www.cityam.com/article/1378945247/sunseeker-buyer-wanda-has-5bn-year-invest-overseas

Don't shoot the messenger! These things can fall apart as quick as they start but only time will tell!

Yes Obviously

are you sure? Cortese is good friends with an entire company?

Do you mean his good friend Wang Jianlin of Dalian Wanda who have just purchased sunseeker who have their headquarters in Poole.

There have been some rumours floating around regarding this over the past few weeks

I'm so childish at times LOL

All makes sense, I must admit and neatly fits the facts we know.

I would be a little worried that the Asian penchant for name changing might surface and we become "The Southampton Sunseekers", or even, perhaps after Pompey sink beneath the waves, a south coast super-club "The Solent Wandarers"

How common? News to me. :o

Perhaps she could sell Saints to the grandson. Seems like he's a bright kid (with lots of dosh, presumably).

I didn't know either. Who did out of interest?

I'm really annoyed now that a bad week has been made a lot worse by the fact that everyone knows the grandson is a massive Saints fan apart from me; although I have seen a young kid not far from where we sit in the family section eating a toblerone on match days. Is that him.....?

I'm really annoyed now that a bad week has been made a lot worse by the fact that everyone knows the grandson is a massive Saints fan apart from me; although I have seen a young kid not far from where we sit in the family section eating a toblerone on match days. Is that him.....?

I think he was ejected recently, Police discovered he had smuggled a cuckoo-clock into the ground and was about to throw it at a linesman

I know of a Dalian Atkinson. Proper football man he is too. However I'm not sure he has enough money to buy the club, he only had an average footballing career.

I know also of a Wanda Sykes. She's had a relatively successful film and television career. I'm not sure that she's be the right person to take over the club though.

Dalian Wanda I've never heard of.

I hope this information is useful.