Wang Jianlin looking at 175m takeover of Southampton according to Sunday Mirror

Matthew Le Tissier

A few months back I posted on here that Cortese was in London holding meetings with potential new owners.

The plan I believe has been work in progress for some time.

He wants to have complete control of the club.

He is planning on heading the purchase of the club with his very good friend Dalian Wanda.

There is no way on earth the man would have done everything he has done to date at the training ground etc and walk away. He has used KL money to build it to a standard where it would be more attractive to purchase and would be cheaper to buy it with the work already completed rather than buy the club and use the new money to have it done.

As much as I would like to see him gone for good in afraid I think his return will be sooner rather than later.

Its common knowledge KL has only kept the club to keep Marcus 9 year old grandson happy as he has become a saints fan. He on occasions flys in with his friend and shaperone to watch matches. And to date he has been the reason she has not sold it on

He also with his attention to detail planed his 3 months notice to fall in the transfer window. I believe they were happy to wait till the end of the season but a disagreement with kl in this transfer window has speeded things up.

This is why poch is hanging on as its expected if kl doesn't dig her heals in they will soon be in each others arms again.

http://www.cityam.com/article/1378945247/sunseeker-buyer-wanda-has-5bn-year-invest-overseas

Don't shoot the messenger! These things can fall apart as quick as they start but only time will tell!

WHy would we shoot the messenger? - as far as I am concerned this is good news ... if true.

If you wanted to read into it a little more then its a bit of a coincidence that just as cortese handed in his resignation was the time we struck up a partnership deal with sunseeker

Some might say this was a smoke screen so any publicised meetings were just a part of day to day business rather than the possibility of something bigger

If you wanted to read into it a little more then its a bit of a coincidence that just as cortese handed in his resignation was the time we struck up a partnership deal with sunseeker

Some might say this was a smoke screen so any publicised meetings were just a part of day to day business rather than the possibility of something bigger

The partnership deal with Sunseeker was struck in August 2012 wasn't it?

My oldest lad works at sunseeker and this rumour has been all over the ship yard for a couple of days.

Although why the workers would have any insight into the owners investment portfolio is beyond me. One of the Braithwaite's mother in law lives a few doors up from my dear old mum, I'll get her to pop round and see if she's heard anything

A few months back I posted on here that Cortese was in London holding meetings with potential new owners.

Don't take this the wrong way sir, but I've just had a quick look back through your posts and can't find the one where you first mentioned these meetings in London. As I say, I don't wish to cast any doubt but curiosity got the better of me. Apologies if I missed it. Cheers

Try talking out of your mouth.

Don't take this the wrong way sir, but I've just had a quick look back through your posts and can't find the one where you first mentioned these meetings in London. As I say, I don't wish to cast any doubt but curiosity got the better of me. Apologies if I missed it. Cheers

Nice one Sherlock,

I think what he probably meant to type - I read it on here yesterday.

Few months ago there was one of many of the pro cortese posts. As usual I couldn't help myself but slag him off

So I just commented that he was in talks in London with potential buyers. I got told to **** off so I just laughed and switched off

As usual

Not sure exactly how long ago it was but if you have the time it will be on there. And that come from a very reliable source

Its common knowledge KL has only kept the club to keep Marcus 9 year old grandson happy as he has become a saints fan. He on occasions flys in with his friend and shaperone to watch matches. And to date he has been the reason she has not sold it on

Sorry but that doesn't sound right. Are you really saying that auntie is keeping a £100-150m+ business as a play thing to keep her nephew amused!!!! I don't think so.

This news was announced in August 2012.

http://www.sunseeker.com.au/news/?page=6

Sorry to say it but I think you are .........

ClutchingStraws.jpg

Would be GREAT to get new owners who then reinstate Cortese! That would be the best path to CL football.

Why does there seem to be this belief that on Cortese can take us to the next level. Personally I'd prefer David Dein if new owners were wealthy. Cortese did a great job, but he's not the only one out there.

Why does there seem to be this belief that on Cortese can take us to the next level. Personally I'd prefer David Dein if new owners were wealthy. Cortese did a great job, but he's not the only one out there.

I didn't say he was the ONLY one. Just that it is my opinion he might be the best for Saints

Cortese didn't drag the players out to the boat show to be seen all over the sunseekers for nothing. Rumour has it shortly after a few had nice sunseekers as well!

I'm sure the truth will come out one way or another

I work closely with Sunseeker, have done for many years. This is complete b******s. Literally everything you've mentioned is either massively sensationalised (Cortese "dragging" the players to a photoshoot long planned by marketing dept as part of sponsorship deal) or just randomly made up (no Saints players were given lol, or bought a Sunseeker after or during the show). Your ignorance of Sunseeker's parent company and it's ownership structure is, frankly, staggering.

Look pal, it's clear you have some sort of agenda but try not to lie eh. Not cool.

Have you even read the link you pasted?

"The agreement includes Sunseeker branding on the clubs newly-installed luxury dugout seats, which fans got their first look at during Saturdays game against Wigan Athletic."

When was the last time we played Wigan at St Marys, Einstein? And what have those Sunseeker logos been doing on the seats for the last year or so if the deal has just been agreed?

I'll just ask my mate John Lewis, he might know...

Like telling little morons like you countless times that cortese would walk the minute something else come along!

Yep wrong again I see.

What else has come along? In your OP you suggest he wants to buy the club and return yey here you say he has something else lined up? Which is it?

He wouldnt take another CEO job and then walk in 4 months time to come back here.

This thread was never going to go well when the OP referred to Dailan Wanda as Cortese's good friend and then immediately claimed to know that DW was in fact a company. I can't think of many companies that I'm 'friends' with....

Also, he's clearly just googled "Southampton F.C" and "Sunseeker" - pasted the links and then tried to fit it all into a fabricated story....

Like telling little morons like you countless times that cortese would walk the minute something else come along!

Yep wrong again I see.

You will have to watch the game every week now rather than sit staring at cortese with your hands in your pockets and tugging on your little winky.

How's AoC getting on at Chelsea?

He also with his attention to detail planed his 3 months notice to fall in the transfer window. I believe they were happy to wait till the end of the season but a disagreement with kl in this transfer window has speeded things up.

Contradiction alert!

Just saying......

Gutted when i read your post but I did then wonder if that was because of their family skiing trip that he's just come back from?

Someone suggested on the "MP staying" thread that it may be to protect them from the public spotlight from the fall-out after he left as well. Personally, I hope he comes back. I enjoyed having such a dogmatic, determined immune to the "old boys", "not a football man" network and antiquated ways of running a football club. To me, it appears unlikely a new chairman will be as successful.

Just like we hadnt seen the last of Looopy Wooopy, I doubt we've seen the last of NC.

But I dont see why that fills some with fear if it happens. He turned this club around.

After todays Independent article, and until we start seeing a player exodus, I am willing to wait and let nature take its course..

Few months ago there was one of many of the pro cortese posts. As usual I couldn't help myself but slag him off

So I just commented that he was in talks in London with potential buyers. I got told to **** off so I just laughed and switched off

As usual

Not sure exactly how long ago it was but if you have the time it will be on there. And that come from a very reliable source

Have gone back through all your posts from 2013 (sad but true) and can't find any reference to Cortese meeting with potential buyers in London I'm afraid.

How come MLT hasn't linked to THIS STORY from only a week ago to back up his claim.?

Having said that, they have shown a bit more interest in the Woolston site than that story makes out.

And Dalian Wanda are into football, they sponsor the Chinese league.

And they are investing heavily in the UK.

Who knows, maybe MLT got it right accidentally ;)

How come MLT hasn't linked to THIS STORY from only a week ago to back up his claim.?

Having said that, they have shown a bit more interest in the Woolston site than that story makes out.

And Dalian Wanda are into football, they sponsor the Chinese league.

And they are investing heavily in the UK.

Who knows, maybe MLT got it right accidentally ;)

Or maybe he read the many pages discussing Wang Jianlin on the "Cortese to go?" thread two days ago? It all started with this post here: http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?48549-Cortese-to-go&p=1855050#post1855050

Hi all. I have just read this thread from start to finish and have seen nothing of a rumour I heard at the Burnley match recently. At the time I thought nothing of it, but given recent developments there may be (or maybe not) something to it.

I was told that the guy who owns Sunseeker (official team partner, I believe) are lining up to take over the club from the Liebherr family. There was a sticking point over the valuation that was holding things up though. At the time I shrugged it off as terrace talk and took it with a pinch of salt.

Like I said though, this is a rumour I heard and it may be absolutely nothing. That said, I thought it may be relevant to the thread so shared it.

just thought I would pop back in to say I'm still laughing at the 'his good friend Dalian Wanda '

lol, thats is quality for sure

great work by MLT to totally mug himself off in the opening post of his latest, totally made-up, pure bull**** thread

i for one dont think we've seen the last of Cortese.

Of course not. Not a bad thing if he comes back with someone with even more money, but of course, if he doesn't, then I'd rather be backed by someone who "isn't interested in football but is worth $3bn"? All hypothetical of course.

You can well imagine he had in Pochettino's ear to tell him to hang on longer while he gets his sh*t together.