Wang Jianlin looking at 175m takeover of Southampton according to Sunday Mirror

Matthew Le Tissier

I've been out watching the golf all day in Scbai Dhabi Doo.

Then my car blew up on the way home.

Anything actually interesting happened?

Jesus Phil! You missed it all kicking off! KL sold the club to a consortium led by NC with backing from the Dalai Lama and Mr Su Nseeker.

However, there was a problem with the money being transferred to KL due to the Dalai Lama insisting on using NatWest whose computer system was down at the time and so KL pulled the plug and we're back to where we were.

Anything exciting happen at the golf? Is the car ok?

Jesus Phil! You missed it all kicking off! KL sold the club to a consortium led by NC with backing from the Dalai Lama and Mr Su Nseeker.

However, there was a problem with the money being transferred to KL due to the Dalai Lama insisting on using NatWest whose computer system was down at the time and so KL pulled the plug and we're back to where we were.

Anything exciting happen at the golf? Is the car ok?

Rory played bloody well on the back nine. A decent crowd for down there. Lefty played some magical chips shots and there were a lot of fiteh's walking round in frocks.

First time I haven't worked one of the Tournaments for about 6 years, so only found out today that by showing an HSBC card you get 3 free tickets and FOUR free pints per card... Mrs D_P got trashed I had a can of Pepsi (Thank God).

Think it is Head Gasket on the car - pretty oh krap. Traffic Cops stopped and helped, Thank Fook I had the Pepsi - Drink Drive limit here is Zero - Wise move. Tow truck brought us & the car home - only 90 Quid for 14oKms - Bargain - cheaper than a bloody taxi!

OK, glad it is Sunseeker taking over, I heard it was Red Bull, or was it the owner of FoxConn, The Sultan of Oman, The Sheikh bloke in Saudi who owns half of the planet and Disney, Richard Attenborough (or was he opening the Zoo?). I also heard Mark Fry is leading a consortium with Amanda Staveley and the Ice Cream Salesman, oh and the Russian bloke at Reading is gonna walk on them and come to us. All of that without reading all my text messages of course.

In other news my pals on Sky Sports were there and asked ME wtf was going on.... So if there was anything on SSN today - sorry it was Mrs D_P giving poor old Richard Boxtall all the updates after she'd had 6 pints and so it may be as muddled as my usual posts and your perfect summary.

Only 2 more weeks until I can ask Tiger if HE is gonna buy the club (again)

fwiw I don't think mlt is making this up, i think he is just not expressing what he has heard particularly well. He does know people who would hear whispers, that much is obvious. Whether those whispers are correct are not is another thing altogether.

Obviously alot of what he has posted has not come off, but I would not rule out what he has said as an impossibility.

To be fair to MLT, I did hear this from 2 separate people before the thread was started. Obviously didn't do himself too many favours with his phrasing but this is a rumour that's circulating..

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

it was on here 24 hours before he started the thread

If these rumours are true there may be a good explanation for this, but the dates don't seem to match up...

- Sunseeker Yachts was bought on 19th June 2013 by the Dalian Wanda Group

- Sunseeker's sponsorship deal with Saints was announced nearly a year before the Chinese takeover of Sunseeker on 24th August 2012.

If these rumours are true there may be a good explanation for this, but the dates don't seem to match up...

- Sunseeker Yachts was bought on 19th June 2013 by the Dalian Wanda Group

- Sunseeker's sponsorship deal with Saints was announced nearly a year before the Chinese takeover of Sunseeker on 24th August 2012.

Any idea on how much the Sunseeker sponsorship brings to the club ?

I know MLT (the poster) and he does have decent connections at the club. He is a Saints fan and passes on what he hears. Ok some of it doesn't come off but I do recall him getting pelters when he made the outlandish claim that an 18 year old left-back would be starting ahead of Danny Fox after the West Brom game. He posts what he hears, if you want facts go to the OS.

We have a few ITK's on here, and they will must get dissuaded by people continually taking the ****.

In the spirit of a potential takeover I shall be spending the evening with a nice Chablis reviewing pictures of ear lobes.

I know MLT (the poster) and he does have decent connections at the club. He is a Saints fan and passes on what he hears. Ok some of it doesn't come off but I do recall him getting pelters when he made the outlandish claim that an 18 year old left-back would be starting ahead of Danny Fox after the West Brom game. He posts what he hears, if you want facts go to the OS.

We have a few ITK's on here, and they will must get dissuaded by people continually taking the ****.

In the spirit of a potential takeover I shall be spending the evening with a nice Chablis reviewing pictures of ear lobes.

Can you ask him to be less of a ***t ?

No chilled Remi Martin then...? :)

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/southampton-takeover-chinese-billionaire-wang-3036588#.UtsES7TFLIU

As Mauricio Pochettino demands Katharina Liebherr talks, Nicola Cortese could make a sensational return to the club if a takeover bid is accepted

Takeover bid? Wang Jianlin is thought to be worth £19billion Takeover bid? Wang Jianlin is thought to be worth £19billion

China's richest man is ready to add to the boardroom intrigue at Southampton with a takeover bid.

The move could see Nicola Cortese returning to his role as the club’s executive chairman.

Manager Mauricio Pochettino was demanding talks with *Southampton owner Katharina Liebherr last night – as the dust settles on Cortese’s departure on Wednesday night.

But Pochettino is believed to be aware of interest from Chinese billionaire Wang Jianlin, boss of the Dalian Wanda group, who could make the Saints the richest club in the Premier League.

Wang’s property development company is worth £19billion and his own personal fortune around half that figure. Now, Wang, 59, wants to break into English *football to add to the company’s incredible portfolio and is believed to be lining up a £175million bid for Saints that current owner and chairwoman Liebherr is ready to accept.

Negotiations are thought to have already begun and, if the deal goes ahead, it could make Saints arguably the richest club in England – and almost certainly herald the return of Cortese,

Pochettino, a close friend and neighbour of Cortese, has pledged his future to the club, aware of the *potential takeover and the fact that Cortese would be prepared to oversee the day-to-day running at St Mary’s for Dalian Wanda.

Getty Images Mauricio Pochettino

Close eye: Pochettino is thought to know of takeover interest

Liebherr has promised no top Saints players will be sold in the January transfer window, knowing it will not devalue her asking price for the club that her father Markus bought in 2009 for around £15million, a year before his death.

Pochettino saw his Saints side roar into an early two-goal lead at Sunderland yesterday, with goals from Jay Rodriguez and Diego Lovren, only for Adam Johnson to score one and make one to secure a 2-2 draw.

But suggestions of dressing-room turmoil after Cortese’s departure were put to rest by a fine first-half performance.

And now Argentine coach Pochettino is wondering whether the Saints could end up joining the big league – thanks to Wang’s interest in the St Mary’s club.

After the Sunderland game, Pochettino said he needed a full conversation with his new chairwoman over transfer policy.

He explained: “It is clear we need to analyse many things and we will see what happens in the transfer window.”

Asked whether Liebherr wants to continue Cortese’s long-term vision for the club, Pochettino replied: “It is clear that question should be directed towards the chairwoman and it is also clear that we want to continue on the path we have been on.”

He added: “I am very happy with today’s performance, the team showed they are great pros with a great attitude. And the supporters should be proud of them because they performed well in light of what has happened.”

©The Digital South Ltd Katharina Liebherr Southampton fc

Hands off: Liebherr said earlier this week that the club will not be selling players

Those Saints players may have to brace themselves for more shocks, though, if Wang’s interest comes to fruition.

His Dalian Wanda empire already has a foothold on the south coast, after acquiring Poole-based luxury yacht-makers Sunseeker International for £320million only last year.

The company are also *planning to build a new five-star hotel by the River Thames in Vauxhall, South London.

Other assets include real estate, cinemas and *department stores. And, since 2011, Dalian Wanda has been the name sponsor of the Chinese Super League *football league.

Who is Wang Jianlin?

Wang Jianlin was born 1954 and is a Chinese billionaire.

He is the chairman of the Dalian Wanda Group, one of China’s largest real estate developers, and also the world’s largest operator of movie theatres after the purchase of AMC Entertainment Holdings for US$ 2.6billion in 2013.

Forbes magazine ranked him the 128th richest person in the world with US$8.6billion in 2013. In August 2013, he was listed by Bloomberg as the wealthiest person in China.

A few people seem to have heard this rumour, now it has been picked up by the press.

Now Im not one for change that much, but for saints to come the richest club in the premier league?! that has a nice ring to it!

I somehow don't believe this will happen but if and that's a big IF, this takeover did happen and cortese came back as chairman that would be a hell of a move from the don

bigger stadium?

more money for transfer/fee so bigger players?

maybe ticket prices could go down?

or though there could be a downside

a re-makeover to saints colours

selling of best players with mediocre one coming in

season tickets and normal ticket prices so expensive no one can afford them

but I guess we will just have to see..

Having seen what Tan and that clown at Hull have done to their clubs, it might be best to give investment from the far east a miss. Although if it does happen, I suspect Wang will keep a closer eye on Cortese's handling of his investment than the Liebherr's have.

Edited by Badger
name change

Now Im not one for change that much, but for saints to come the richest club in the premier league?! that has a nice ring to it!

I somehow don't believe this will happen but if and that's a big IF, this takeover did happen and cortese came back as chairman that would be a hell of a move from the don

bigger stadium?

more money for transfer/fee so bigger players?

maybe ticket prices could go down?

or though there could be a downside

a re-makeover to saints colours

selling of best players with mediocre one coming in

season tickets and normal ticket prices so expensive no one can afford them

but I guess we will just have to see..

It wont happen but one of the Worlds richest men would not asset strip, they would enhance, it would his ego thing similar to Chelsea and City.

Edited by Barry Sanchez

Can you own two football clubs if they're in different countries? (Not saying I believe it or anything, just curious)

Yes, but my understanding is you can only enter one in each competition... (So, both couldn't play in the champions league if they both qualified for example)

Looking at this objectively, we are a good investment opportunity. Growing club, well-run for the past 4 years, good facilities (which will include world-class training facilities by the summer) and scope for development in the city itself - especially in the immediate area to the stadium. Dalian Wanda have ties to the area already with Sunseeker, and Nicola is good friends with Dalian's CEO. They're spending lots of money at the moment, and they have more to spend. With Cortese at the helm, this could be an absolute dream for us.