If we only achieve one win this week..?

eelpie

For me, a victory over Brighton is absolutely vital. A victory over Bournemouth is also vital.  I want Saints to achieve  at least 11th final position this season (which will be a magnificent achievement)

However I confess to having a soft spot for Bournemouth. They have been a sort of feeder club for Saints for years with Lallana having begun his career there.. And  like Saints , they narrowly avoided going out of business following administration. They have been playng attractive, positive  football too 

Then - correct me if wrong, wasn't it a timely victory of theirs that helped us avoid relegation last season?

I am not suggesting that I would want anything other than a Saints viceroy against both Brighton and Bournemouth. However, I would be less aggrieved if Bournemouth obtained a point from Saints than if Brighton did.  

Because I would love to see Saints v Bournemouth matches next season.

I expect bricks and mortar in my direction. 

I'm with you on this. Ideally would like to win both, but if we are to lose one would rather Bournemouth benefit from it and stay up in order to play them next season.

I don't subscribe to the "we" send them down, they've managed to do that themselves by some inept displays over the previous 20 odd games before their Leicester game. 

Double joy if  West Ham go down.

I live in the Bournemouth area and have always had a soft spot for them, until that is they became a 'rival' to us. I couldn't bear to see them above us in the table so now I want to see them go down, f*ck em!

• Like 1

I couldn't give two shits about Bournemouth and their bucket rattling antics.

They need to be brought down a peg or two and a lot of their new fans need to drift back to Chelsea or whoever they used to support. I want to win both, I've got no interest in Bournemouth and I couldn't give two hoots if they stay up, go down, go bust or drift into the sea. I just want us to win the games we play.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, stevegrant said:

For a couple of months last year, Bournemouth fans thought this game would be the one where they'd get to relegate us. How the tide has turned... 

Send them down. For this reason. They were unbearable when they thought it might be us going out of the league first...

The most annoying fans in the office are those of Bournemouth, all season ticket holders, bleating on about how amazing Howe was when they were winning and how they'd rather be in the Championship now anyhow.

I want Ings and Armstrong etc. rested tonight, so that come Sunday we can make a mockery of them and their confected "rivalry".

57 minutes ago, eelpie said:

Interesting.

But who would you guys prefer to be relegated if end of season's results meant it had to be one out of  Brighton or Bournemouth?

For me, definitely Brighton.

Bournemouth, f*ck em!

???

5 hours ago, iansums said:

I live in the Bournemouth area and have always had a soft spot for them, until that is they became a 'rival' to us. I couldn't bear to see them above us in the table so now I want to see them go down, f*ck em!