New Manager Watch Thread

SKD

44 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Ahh shit. We’ve just lost the “gave city the hardest game 2021” trophy. Peps just awarded it to Everton. 

Lasted longer than “being top after 10 games” trophy. Every cloud and all that. 

40 minutes ago, Christophenburg said:

Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't make them a troll, and being critical of Ralph's overall performance doesn't make someone any less of a Saints fan

It does when they sarcastically deride people for celebrating doing well for an entire year as it doesnt give you a trophy. Or when they pretend that games before the beginning of January don't matter. Criticisms are fine but some of the things being said are rediculous. Also the talk of hipsters and cults is definitely trolling, you don't have constructive arguments throwing names around. 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, TWar said:

It does when they sarcastically deride people for celebrating doing well for an entire year as it doesnt give you a trophy. Or when they pretend that games before the beginning of January don't matter. Criticisms are fine but some of the things being said are rediculous. Also the talk of hipsters and cults is definitely trolling, you don't have constructive arguments throwing names around. 

But doing well for a calendar year doesn’t mean anything, does it? It’s not something that is widely recognised as an achievement. There’s a reason why every time we play they mention the 9-0’s or points thrown from Winning positions and not the form In 2020. 

In football, you’re only as good as your last game. 

On 23/03/2021 at 19:50, SKD said:

But doing well for a calendar year doesn’t mean anything, does it? It’s not something that is widely recognised as an achievement. There’s a reason why every time we play they mention the 9-0’s or points thrown from Winning positions and not the form In 2020. 

In football, you’re only as good as your last game. 

By your measure, we are good as we won 3 nil 😉

13 minutes ago, Chapel End said:

By your measure, we are good as we won 3 nil 😉

Yes correct. I’ve always maintained that i wouldn’t sack Ralph whilst were still in the FA cup. 

That doesn’t mean that he shouldn’t be under pressure from recent form though, does it. 

As it’s been said many times, he’s very lucky to survive 1 let alone 2 9-0 defeats. How many other clubs would stick by their man in that situation? 

13 hours ago, SKD said:

As it’s been said many times, he’s very lucky to survive 1 let alone 2 9-0 defeats. How many other clubs would stick by their man in that situation? 

Any team that considers their manager to be competent enough to keep on track for the absolute minimum requirement, i.e. stay in the top division - so that would be around 14 clubs in the PL who wouldn't react to isolated dreadful results in a knee-jerk fashion. 

I was going to cite Watford as a likely exception, but then again they only sacked Flores after losing against us, months after they lost 8-0 to Man City. Maybe I'm self-centred in my ignorance but I think the reason why nobody banged on about teams like them getting thumped is because they were shit for the whole season and they have a reputation for serially firing managers. On the other hand we get talked about because as a side Hasenhuttl has us capable of blowing hot and cold, as opposed to just cold.