New Manager Watch Thread

SKD

3 minutes ago, Badger said:

Can we now close this thread, for a fortnight at least ?

No you don't understand. Ralph lost two games 9-0! That means if he ever has a run of bad games he is completely incompetent and any other achievements and overall performance should be discounted immediately. We must keep this thread open even if we win the FA Cup so we have somewhere to cry next time we have a few bad injuries and it effects performance. Having faith in the manager is the work of hipsters or cults or something. 

Edited by TWar
  • Like 6

9 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Close the thread, and place Ralph’s quarter final wining trophy next to his “5th place in 2020 calendar year” one. 

I haven’t been this optimistic since Mark Hughes’ team beat Wigan in a quarter final....

All wins are insignificant and all losses are an excuse to wet the bed. Hate to break this to you, but we aren't going to see many trophies. If you care about such things may I suggest becoming a city fan?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Badger said:

Can we now close this thread, for a fortnight at least ?

If we play like that Vs Burnley, we should go into next season with Ralph, under normal League schedule and not this ridiculous pileup of fixtures.

Assuming we haven't been taken over and new owners bring their own man in.

Can't really read too much into today's performance because Bournemouth are absolute toilet at the moment in a league below us.

25 minutes ago, JustinSFC said:

If we play like that Vs Burnley, we should go into next season with Ralph, under normal League schedule and not this ridiculous pileup of fixtures.

Assuming we haven't been taken over and new owners bring their own man in.

Can't really read too much into today's performance because Bournemouth are absolute toilet at the moment in a league below us.

Start how we did today (and have played for the past 3 months) then we’ll Get hammered by Burnley. 

Job done today and you can only beat what’s in front of you, but Bournemouth were a shambles. As you said, let’s not get carried away. 

let’s hope it’s a confidence boost we need to kick on. Sheff Utd wasn’t, so I’m not too hopeful. 

Edited by SKD

7 minutes ago, SKD said:

Start how we did today (and have played for the past 3 months) then we’ll Get hammered by Burnley. 

Job done today and you can only beat what’s in front of you, but Bournemouth were a shambles. As you said, let’s not get carried away. 

let’s hope it’s a confidence boost we need to kick on. Sheff Utd wasn’t, so I’m not too hopeful. 

Start how we did today, what do you mean? Hammered by Burnley? Hammered by Burnley? Really?

We played well today for the entirety, solid, comfortable, professional, no dramas, no issues. Job done.

12 minutes ago, SKD said:

You re a toxic toxic man.

Wouldn t want to have you around me in my life.

Chill will you? We are in semis of the cup!!!!

I have pompey supporting mates who are more positive about us than some of you lot. Sarcastically deriding the achievement of making the semis of the FA cup because you don't get a trophy for it, the entitlement of some of our fans is just embarrassing.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Start how we did today, what do you mean? Hammered by Burnley? Hammered by Burnley? Really?

We played well today for the entirety, solid, comfortable, professional, no dramas, no issues. Job done.

Read back the match thread and remind yourself how the first 20 odd minutes went. 

Very average, no purpose. As I said, you can only beat what’s in front of you and today we had a very poor team in front of us. 

Just now, TWar said:

I have pompey supporting mates who are more positive about us than some of you lot. Sarcastically deriding the achievement of making the semis of the FA cup because you don't get a trophy for it, the entitlement of some of our fans is just embarrassing.

Nobody is deriding it, you plank. Merely pointing out that beating a team from a lower division isn’t that big a deal. 

1 minute ago, SKD said:

Read back the match thread and remind yourself how the first 20 odd minutes went. 

Very average, no purpose. As I said, you can only beat what’s in front of you and today we had a very poor team in front of us. 

Oh no! The first 20 minutes of our 3-0 victory weren't a free scoring bonanza! how will we ever recover?

1 minute ago, TWar said:

Getting to the semi final isn’t an achievement to shout home about, is it. 

Especially when you consider we’ve played 2 reserve sides and 2 from a division or 2 below us. 

• Like 1

Just now, Lord Duckhunter said:

Nobody is deriding it, you plank. Merely pointing out that beating a team from a lower division isn’t that big a deal. 

Is being one of the final four teams in the FA cup a big deal? What about making it to the semis without conceding a single goal? How about that? Maybe stop whining for a moment and celebrate when the lads are doing well.

Just now, TWar said:

Oh no! The first 20 minutes of our 3-0 victory weren't a free scoring bonanza! how will we ever recover?

As I said, play like that or start like that against a better team and we will beaten, comfortably. 

Job done today, but let’s not pretend we’re anything but very average at the moment. 

• Like 1

Just now, SKD said:

Getting to the semi final isn’t an achievement to shout home about, is it.

Don't even know how to respond to this. Yes. Yes it is. For a team of our size making the final four of the FA cup is, in fact, an acheivement. The fact that wolves and arsenal rested a couple of players doesn't detract from that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TWar said:

Is being one of the final four teams in the FA cup a big deal? What about making it to the semis without conceding a single goal? How about that? Maybe stop whining for a moment and celebrate when the lads are doing well.

Not really. We done it a few seasons ago and we’re easily tucked away in the semi final against a competent team. 

I’ll add ‘getting to the semi final without conceding’ to the achievements list that contains:

5 best team in 2020

manes fastest hat trick

Longs fastest goal

meanwhile, the trophy cabinet remains bare and players are leaving to win trophies, as that’s the only achievement that matters. 

1 minute ago, TWar said:

Don't even know how to respond to this. Yes. Yes it is. For a team of our size making the final four of the FA cup is, in fact, an acheivement. The fact that wolves and arsenal rested a couple of players doesn't detract from that.

Dont bother mate, while most of us are just happy for a change, some of the more cretinous posters just love to moan and enjoy to wallow in gloom

It will never change on here 

• Like 1

Just now, SKD said:

Not really. We done it a few seasons ago and we’re easily tucked away in the semi final against a competent team. 

I’ll add ‘getting to the semi final without conceding’ to the achievements list that contains:

5 best team in 2020

manes fastest hat trick

Longs fastest goal

meanwhile, the trophy cabinet remains bare and players are leaving to win trophies, as that’s the only achievement that matters. 

I'll say the same thing to you I said to that Duckhunter guy. We are not a team that will win many trophies. We won our last trophy 45 years ago. If winning trophies is your measure of success then you are supporting the wrong team. Chances are we will probably win one or two more trophies in the next 30 years, thats how it is, that's how big a side we are. Unless we get bought by some mega oil baron then you should come to terms with that. Or go find a bigger team to support.

3 minutes ago, TWar said:

Each to their own. My mentality is clearly more driven than yours. 

I expect you were the kid who won ‘most improved’ in your younger days. Dog shit at everything but ‘it’s the effort that counts’. 

Personally, I see it as for a club who have consistently been in the top 17 clubs in the country for the past 7-8 years, getting to the last 4 of a cup, where the draw has been kind and clubs don’t take it serious, as nothing that great. 

unless we win it, I won’t be shouting home about it. No one remembers who came 4th place. 

Just now, SKD said:

I expect you were the kid who won ‘most improved’ in your younger days. Dog shit at everything but ‘it’s the effort that counts’. 

Personally, I see it as for a club who have consistently been in the top 17 clubs in the country for the past 7-8 years, getting to the last 4 of a cup, where the draw has been kind and clubs don’t take it serious, as nothing that great. 

unless we win it, I won’t be shouting home about it. No one remembers who came 4th place. 

True but you will be shouting and whining if we dont win the semi

4 minutes ago, Chapel End said:

Dont bother mate, while most of us are just happy for a change, some of the more cretinous posters just love to moan and enjoy to wallow in gloom

It will never change on here 

Who’s moaning you fool? Just being completely level headed in saying a win against a very poor team isn’t something to get over excited about. 

I doubt today’s performance left anyone left in the hat shaking at the thought of playing us. 

Just now, SKD said:

Who’s moaning you fool? Just being completely level headed in saying a win against a very poor team isn’t something to get over excited about. 

I doubt today’s performance left anyone left in the hat shaking at the thought of playing us. 

No one is getting over excited just happy with a win... try it you might actually just like it.

Its just posters like you who like to piss on every happy moment 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TWar said:

I'll say the same thing to you I said to that Duckhunter guy. We are not a team that will win many trophies. We won our last trophy 45 years ago. If winning trophies is your measure of success then you are supporting the wrong team. Chances are we will probably win one or two more trophies in the next 30 years, thats how it is, that's how big a side we are. Unless we get bought by some mega oil baron then you should come to terms with that. Or go find a bigger team to support.

Right, so because we aren’t a huge club who wins trophies every season, we as fans should accept mediocracy? Probably why we don’t win stuff, no drive to improve. 

5 minutes ago, SKD said:

I'm sorry but that is fucking funny.

I'm dead 😂🤣

• Like 1

Just now, SKD said:

Right, so because we aren’t a huge club who wins trophies every season, we as fans should accept mediocracy? Probably why we don’t win stuff, no drive to improve. 

I guessed you accept it or not it's up to you but it's the same for most  "smaller " clubs isn't it

Just now, SKD said:

If everything other than winning a trophy is "mediocrity" to you then you probably spent the last 44 years of your time supporting saints miserable and will likely spend 99% of all future seasons miserable too. There is a difference between "accepting mediocrity" and noting we are anywhere between the 12th-20th biggest team in england and hence will be very unlikely to win more than one or two cups in a given lifetime. Lower your standards or you will always be crying and realistic fans who understand the teams size and limitations will always have to put up with your boring complaining.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chapel End said:

No one is getting over excited just happy with a win... try it you might actually just like it.

Its just posters like you who like to piss on every happy moment 

This is a thread discussing the performance of the manager, which in recent months has been pathetic. 

Judging the quality of the team you’ve just beat, plays a factor in this discussion. 

no one is trying to piss on your ‘happy moment’. If you want to go wank over the win, use the match thread. Weirdo. 

• Sad 1

Just now, SKD said:

This is a thread discussing the performance of the manager, which in recent months has been pathetic. 

Judging the quality of the team you’ve just beat, plays a factor in this discussion. 

no one is trying to piss on your ‘happy moment’. If you want to go wank over the win, use the match thread. Weirdo. 

We are talking about it here because you absolute bedwetters have been crying for a very good managers head for a couple of months of dropped form, mostly due to injury, and now we have won you want to continue your pity party. A party that will continue indefinitely unless we win a trophy as nothing else matters, which we won't do for 10 years, most likely, so it's just free reign for you to be insufferable.

• Haha 1

Just now, TWar said:

If everything other than winning a trophy is "mediocrity" to you then you probably spent the last 44 years of your time supporting saints miserable and will likely spend 99% of all future seasons miserable too. There is a difference between "accepting mediocrity" and noting we are anywhere between the 12th-20th biggest team in england and hence will be very unlikely to win more than one or two cups in a given lifetime. Lower your standards or you will always be crying and realistic fans who understand the teams size and limitations will always have to put up with your boring complaining.

Not just winning a trophy. Beating Liverpool over 2 legs and playing very well in the final was a good achievement for us. Playing in Europe 2 seasons in a row, also a success. 

But yes, pretty miserable supporting saints, but I won’t be getting the open top bus out for reaching the semi final. 

Irrelevant argument to the thread. Buys Ralph another couple of credits. A loss against Burnley and we’re back in the same boat. 2 big games coming up for him. 

2 minutes ago, SKD said:

Exactly. 

It changes nothing as far as Ralph’s performance is concerned. I’d expect a reasonably competent manger to beat a lower league side in a quarter final, Mark Hughes managed it. 

Making out it’s some sort of overachievement is noddy club. 

2 minutes ago, SKD said:

Not just winning a trophy. Beating Liverpool over 2 legs and playing very well in the final was a good achievement for us. Playing in Europe 2 seasons in a row, also a success. 

But yes, pretty miserable supporting saints, but I won’t be getting the open top bus out for reaching the semi final. 

Irrelevant argument to the thread. Buys Ralph another couple of credits. A loss against Burnley and we’re back in the same boat. 2 big games coming up for him. 

You don't get a trophy for beating liverpool over two legs. You don't get a trophy for being in europe either. Why bother? We beat liverpool 2 months ago, I don't see you celebrating that.

If supporting saints makes you miserable then why do you bother? Sometimes they make me miserable too, but sometimes they make me very happy. Judging by your standards they must basically never make you happy, maybe like once in a decade, what's in it for you? Honestly?

Edited by TWar
  • Like 1

Just now, SKD said:

No one is whacking off over our win, you bell end

No one is claiming we are brilliant for beating Bournemouth just happy for a win, why is that so hard to understand? Even the hard thinking like you should grasp that.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SKD said:

If supporting Saints makes you miserable, just fuck off and stop trying to bring us all down to your level and let us be happy when we can because it isn't very often is it?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TWar said:

You don't get a trophy for beating liverpool over two legs. You don't get a trophy for being in europe either. Why bother? We beat liverpool 2 months ago, I don't see you celebrating that.

If supporting saints makes you miserable then why do you bother? Sometimes they make me miserable too, but sometimes they make me very happy. Judging by your standards they must basically never make you happy, maybe like once in a decade, what's in it for you? Honestly?

Nope, I’m happy when we win however rare that may be recently. But that doesn’t stop me taking a level headed approach about our performance, which today was professional but nothing too change my mind that Ralph should be under pressure or to make me think we’ll cruise home against a better team in Burnley. 

Finishing 6th in a 38 game season is very good for us, that’s an achievement. 

Beating a full strength Liverpool over 2 legs is good for us, that’s an achievement. 

beating a L1 side, a championship side and 2 reserve teams, that’s not an achievement. Win the next round, against what will likely be a top side, then ill Agree with you. 

2 minutes ago, Chapel End said:

If supporting Saints makes you miserable, just fuck off and stop trying to bring us all down to your level and let us be happy when we can because it isn't very often is it?

This is a Manager thread sir. It’s here to discuss positive / negative things about the manager. 

If you can’t handle the heat, please step out of the kitchen and go and tell everyone how amazing the win was on the match thread 👍🏻

Just now, SKD said:

This is a Manager thread sir. It’s here to discuss positive / negative things about the manager. 

If you can’t handle the heat, please step out of the kitchen and go and tell everyone how amazing the win was on the match thread 👍🏻

You really are a bit dense, so I will try again just for you 

NO ONE IS GETTING OVER EXCITED 

Has that sunk in now😉

1 minute ago, SKD said:

Nope, I’m happy when we win however rare that may be recently. But that doesn’t stop me taking a level headed approach about our performance, which today was professional but nothing too change my mind that Ralph should be under pressure or to make me think we’ll cruise home against a better team in Burnley. 

Finishing 6th in a 38 game season is very good for us, that’s an achievement. 

Beating a full strength Liverpool over 2 legs is good for us, that’s an achievement. 

beating a L1 side, a championship side and 2 reserve teams, that’s not an achievement. Win the next round, against what will likely be a top side, then ill Agree with you. 

So finishing 6th, which happened in 2016, and beating liverpool in 2017 are the only things you can think of? Anything else in the last decade? Also neither Arsenal or Wolves were "reserve teams". Wolves rotated like 3 players and arsenal maybe 4 or 5.

2 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

How dare you!!!!

I was on the floor of my lounge crying when we won that. I even had a tee shirt made “stop the count”. 

Will never understand why someone being emotional and an, admittedly not very funny, Donald Trump joke trigger you so much. Neither seems worthy of note to me, certainly not enough to bring up months down the line.

3 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

How dare you!!!!

I was on the floor of my lounge crying when we won that. I even had a tee shirt made “stop the count”. 

If only they had stopped the count. Every other team in the league wouldn’t have beaten Liverpool this year and perhaps it might have been something to shout about. 

2 minutes ago, SKD said:

If only they had stopped the count. Every other team in the league wouldn’t have beaten Liverpool this year and perhaps it might have been something to shout about. 

We get it, you don't care if the team win. What we don't get is why you bother to call yourself a supporter if this is the case.

Edited by TWar
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TWar said:

Will never understand why someone being emotional and an, admittedly not very funny, Donald Trump joke trigger you so much. Neither seems worthy of note to me, certainly not enough to bring up months down the line.

Because to be frank, both were absolutely tin pot and very embarrassing. Definition of mediocrity and if Pompey had done the same, this place would tear into them. 

Just now, TWar said:

We get it, you don't care if the team win. What we don't get it why you bother to call yourself a supporter if this is the case.

Of course I care. But i don’t wet my pants over a win against average teams (Liverpool being exactly that this season).

1 minute ago, Østerrike said:

IMO it is a disrespectful thread as long as Ralph is still the manager.

Yeah thats the point of the thread. It's a bunch of trolls trying to stir up trouble, saying anything short of a trophy isn't worth shit and any result outside of the last 12 (not including Bournemouth as that totally doesn't count!!!) isn't worth considering towards Ralph's quality. Hopefully one or two more wins will send these bellends back into the shadows.

• Like 3