70 goals...

Super_Uwe

Just did the number crunching, since we beat Liverpool at home in January we have conceded 37 goals in 14 league games!

I thought I was being a bit miserable saying 14 from the last 7, but it would be completely in keeping with our form. Even if you strip out the 9-0, that's still 28 goals conceded from 13 games.

Really, really poor. No surprise our form has been hopeless when you are leaking that many goals.

Edited by Super_Uwe

10 minutes ago, Jonnyboy said:

What's our worst ever? 

92 in 1966/7 I think. ( And we stayed up ).

In the Prem it is currently 66 in 2004/5, the season we were relegated, but we also conceded 65 in 2018/9

Edited by badgerx16

3 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

92 in 1966/7 I think. ( And we stayed up ).

In the Prem it is currently 66 in 2004/5, the season we were relegated, but we also conceded 65 in 2018/9

It's funny that some people are suggesting Eddie Howe... If our possible 70 stat is a bad..In Bournemouth's best season in the prem they conceded 61 goals, the other seasons they conceded 65, 67 ,67 and 70 goals. Ironically it wasn't the year they conceded 70 that they went down!

19 hours ago, spyinthesky said:

As a long standing Saints fan, it is quite normal to ship loads of goals.

Historically we have never had a decent defence.

However we normally score a lot too but not so many this year!!

Yeah, I do totally get your point.

For reference I thought I would have a peek at what our goals against stats were since returning to the top flight.

Since 2012/13 we have conceded 60, 46, 33, 41, 48, 56, 65 and 60. 

Ralph has work to do I think...

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Super_Uwe said:

Yeah, I do totally get your point.

For reference I thought I would have a peek at what our goals against stats were since returning to the top flight.

Since 2012/13 we have conceded 60, 46, 33, 41, 48, 56, 65 and 60. 

Ralph has work to do I think...

Does anyone know what Ralph's RB Leipzig goals conceded record was like?

Because that will tell us if it's our defence or Ralph's system.

Because that reads like he's equalled and broken our record for the most goals conceded 2 consecutive seasons on the bounce in the best part of the last decade.

A period that included Puel, Pellegrino & Hughes. Pellegrino being the worst manager I've ever seen manage us in the last 20 odd years.

17 minutes ago, skintsaint said:

Looks like 2nd season struggled a bit.. both ends of the pitch compared to his first season.image.thumb.png.4c6c8290072cd2ac228fbe7388ea94f7.png

I don't think we've got a terrible defence. On paper.

Claude Puel lost Van Dick don't forget.

Edited by JustinSFC

38 minutes ago, JustinSFC said:

Because that reads like he's equalled and broken our record for the most goals conceded 2 consecutive seasons on the bounce in the best part of the last decade.

A period that included Puel, Pellegrino & Hughes. Pellegrino being the worst manager I've ever seen manage us in the last 20 odd years.

I think there was one game in each of the last two season's which impacted on that quite heavily!

54 minutes ago, JustinSFC said:

But everyones got that really entertaining football they wanted right? Oh wait.

• 1 month later...