Djenepo at the AFCON

jawillwill

Finished 1-0 to Mali.

Djenepo got a yellow card in the first half. Then gave away a penalty in the second half, before then being subbed off.

Very odd refereeing Mali got a straight red (including a VAR review) despite barely being a foul.

The ref also blew for full time on about 86 minutes. After a few complaints the game continued before he eventually blew for full time in the 89th minute instead.

9 minutes ago, jawillwill said:

Finished 1-0 to Mali.

Djenepo got a yellow card in the first half. Then gave away a penalty in the second half, before then being subbed off.

Very odd refereeing Mali got a straight red (including a VAR review) despite barely being a foul.

The ref also blew for full time on about 86 minutes. After a few complaints the game continued before he eventually blew for full time in the 89th minute instead.

I understand he's been recruited to referee the next 4 Man United games.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, jawillwill said:

Finished 1-0 to Mali.

Tin pot competition

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Tin pot competition

Given the number of top players Africa is producing it will increasingly become less 'tin pot'.

And unfair to dismiss the efforts of countries that have so few resources compare to the developed world.

I look forward to your sneering reaction to my comments.

• Like 4

It could be turned in to a really good competition with people tuning in from all around the world. There are really well known players that people from outside the countries can use as a gateway to following the tournament. I would hope that might provide some of the resources to stage the great tournament they deserve.

7 hours ago, jawillwill said:

Finished 1-0 to Mali.

It seems the referee suffered from heat stroke in the end.