New Saints reporter for The Athletic (Jacob Tanswell)

SuperSAINT

On 22/07/2023 at 11:01, Colinjb said:

Well, one less subscription to worry about.

I was planning on cancelling mine, when I went to do so I got a fixed £9.99 for a full year rather than £7.99 a month offer to keep my subscription. If you're a monthly subscriber worth seeing if you can get it cheaper.

1 minute ago, UpweySaint said:

I was planning on cancelling mine, when I went to do so I got a fixed £9.99 for a full year rather than £7.99 a month offer to keep my subscription. If you're a monthly subscriber worth seeing if you can get it cheaper.

Was offered the same deal. Would rather keep the tenner. Was paying £1.99 a month anyway.

yeah, canceled here in the US too.  I thought Jacob was an excellent writer and wrote some tremendous articles.  Bit disappointing as he stated a few weeks back he was 100% staying on covering Saints full time.  This was before the New York Times sacked all their sports reporters and are getting the AThletic staff to cover.

Forgot to say I was canceling after my last special offer and got auto charged $75 for the year.  That's $75 back now despite being offered a year at $24

19 hours ago, Toussaint said:

Are we playing on Astro turf this season? Anyway, what is it about grass that causes you so much distress?

Perhaps he was referring to what the players were smoking last season judging by the laid-back performances of some of them.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, CB Fry said:

I think Jacob broke some good stories in his time, and was brave enough to stick with them even though it upset a few of the divs on here.

Agreed. Following the club this year will be slightly less interesting and less informed without him. 

• Like 1