Chat GPT

Guided Missile

AI is the way forward. Great alternative to Google, but not sure about its song writing abilities:

Q Write a song about Southampton

Verse 1: Southampton, oh Southampton
City by the sea, where memories are found
From the docks to the parks
There's a rhythm in the air that sparks

Chorus: Southampton, oh Southampton
A place where dreams can come around
From the history to the future
You're a city that's never a loser

Verse 2: From the Tudor House to the Common
Southampton's history is always awoken
Where the Spitfire once flew
Your spirit is strong, always anew

Chorus: Southampton, oh Southampton
A place where dreams can come around
From the history to the future
You're a city that's never a loser

and:

Q: Write a 50 word song about Southampton FC

Verse:
Red and white, the colors of pride
Southampton FC, our team that will never hide
From St. Mary's to the world stage
We're the Saints, always ready to engage

Chorus:
Southampton FC, our team of might
Always ready for a good fight
On the pitch, we give it our all
For our fans, we'll never fall

...and finally

Q: Write a funny ditty about Portsmouth FC

Verse:

There's a team that's by the sea
They're called Pompey, don't you see?
They play football, or so they say
But sometimes they just like to play

Chorus:
Portsmouth FC, what a sight to see
They'll make you laugh, they'll make you glee
With their silly antics and their silly plays
They'll brighten up your dreary days

Verse:
Their fans are loyal, that's for sure
They love their team, they'll endure
Through thick and thin, they'll always cheer
Even when their team's not near

Chorus:

Bridge:
They may not win every game they play
But they'll sure entertain you in their own way
With a little bit of humor and a little bit of fun
They'll show you how football should be done

Chorus:

Outro:
So come on, let's give a cheer
For Pompey, our team so dear
They may not be the best, it's true
But they'll always put a smile on you!

I asked chatgpt a question and got the below answer. I wonder if @Turkish knows who it refers to?

Someone living in an area of the UK with a very high white population might not be bothered by immigration due to a lack of exposure for several reasons. Firstly, if they have never interacted with immigrants or have only encountered them through media portrayals, they may not have a clear understanding of who immigrants are, where they come from, and what their experiences are like. This lack of exposure can lead to a lack of concern about the impact of immigration.

Additionally, people who live in predominantly white areas may not have experienced the negative effects of anti-immigrant sentiment that can occur in areas with more diverse populations. They may not be aware of the discrimination, prejudice, and violence that immigrants and minorities face in other parts of the country. This can make it difficult for them to understand why immigration is such a contentious issue.

Furthermore, people living in predominantly white areas may not feel personally threatened by immigration. They may not see it as a direct challenge to their way of life, culture, or identity. Without this sense of personal threat, they may not feel the need to form strong opinions on immigration and may be more likely to take a neutral or apathetic stance.

In summary, lack of exposure to immigrants can contribute to a lack of concern about immigration among people living in predominantly white areas of the UK. Without direct experience of immigration and its impact, people may struggle to form strong opinions on the issue and may not see it as a priority.

• Haha 2

Labelling someone a "rape apologist" without sufficient evidence or justification can be harmful and damaging to both the person being labelled and the broader discourse surrounding sexual assault and consent.

Firstly, accusing someone of being a rape apologist implies that they are actively defending or excusing rape or sexual assault, which is a serious allegation that can have significant personal and professional consequences. Before making such an accusation, it is important to have clear evidence that the person in question is indeed advocating for or minimizing sexual violence.

Secondly, using the label "rape apologist" can be counterproductive to creating a constructive dialogue about consent and sexual assault prevention. If the accusation is unfounded or based on misunderstandings, it can lead to defensiveness and further entrenchment of harmful beliefs or attitudes. On the other hand, if someone is genuinely promoting harmful beliefs about sexual violence, it may be more productive to engage with them in a respectful and nuanced manner to better understand their perspective and try to educate them.

Ultimately, while it is important to call out and address harmful attitudes and behaviors related to sexual assault and consent, it is crucial to do so in a way that is fair, evidence-based, and conducive to productive dialogue and positive change.

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

I have come to the conclusion that AI is not that intelligent:

Me:
Your answer to a recent query, "Assuming a population of 7.9 billion people, which is the estimated global population as of 2021, and using the land area of the UK as 241,930 square kilometers, each person would have approximately 0.03 square kilometers or 30,000 square meters (or 3 hectares) of space if they were all housed in the UK." appears to be 1,000 x out. The calculation was a simple one and that is a large error.

ChatGPT:

You are correct, and I apologize for my mistake in the previous response. The correct calculation of the land area per person in the UK, assuming a global population of 7.9 billion and a land area of the UK of 241,930 square kilometers, would be approximately 0.03 square kilometers or 30,597.5 square meters (or 3.06 hectares). Thank you for bringing this to my attention, and I will strive to provide more accurate responses in the future.

Me:

Your answer "You are correct, and I apologize for my mistake in the previous response. The correct calculation of the land area per person in the UK, assuming a global population of 7.9 billion and a land area of the UK of 241,930 square kilometers, would be approximately 0.03 square kilometers or 30,597.5 square meters (or 3.06 hectares). Thank you for bringing this to my attention, and I will strive to provide more accurate responses in the future." is still 1000 x out. The mistake was repeated. This is a fundamental problem in your programming.

ChatGPT:

I apologize for my mistake in my previous response. The correct calculation for the land area per person in the UK, assuming a global population of 7.9 billion and a land area of the UK of 241,930 square kilometers, would be approximately 0.03 hectares or 0.077 acres per person. Thank you for bringing this to my attention, and I will take steps to ensure that my calculations are more accurate in the future.

Me:
Try to be more careful in you answers in the future. You have not only let me down, you have let yourself down. Please write 100x "I will try not to be so stupid in the future"

I've been using MidJourney a bit recently for AI images and it's quite impressive.  Can get some pretty convincing photography and artwork.  Don't get a whole lot of control over the image so general terms and themes work well but the moment you try and get really specific then it's a bit limited but I expect that'll improve pretty quickly.  Looks like it could destroy the stock image industry almost overnight.

Have to say I find the whole AI debate fascinating.  I'd assumed that your creative industries would be fairly safe from AI but looks like they're more under threat than anywhere else.