Forest 4-3 Saints - Match Thread

Turkish

13 hours ago, spyinthesky said:

I wonder if anyone could work out what our home record has been since Koeman left.

I cant remember too many games where the team actually entertained the fans at St Marys..

In recent times I can only remember the 4-1 win v Brentford last season and the 2-0 won v Man City this year.

Home premier league games since the start of 2016/17. 

Played 131

Won 37

Drawn 38

Lost 56

Scored 151

Conceded 192

Points 149

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Appy said:

Played 131

Won 37

Drawn 38

Lost 56

Scored 151

Conceded 192

Points 149

Bloody hell that's bad, an average of about 5 wins a season.

I think we've only won two this season, which explains why we're finally going down.

23 minutes ago, Appy said:

Played 131

Won 37

Drawn 38

Lost 56

Scored 151

Conceded 192

Points 149

Appalling record, I firmly believe we will never make SMS a fortress, as we have to give our home advantage away by giving the away fans a prime position to nullify our home support. Is there another ground in the country where this happens???

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, OldNick said:

Appalling record, I firmly believe we will never make SMS a fortress, as we have to give our home advantage away by giving the away fans a prime position to nullify our home support. Is there another ground in the country where this happens???

It's a shambolic state of affairs.

That said, SMS was a fantastic fortress for us for most of the 2010's.  You know, when we had a committed team that played great football...

44 minutes ago, Sunglasses Ron said:

It's a shambolic state of affairs.

That said, SMS was a fantastic fortress for us for most of the 2010's.  You know, when we had a committed team that played great football...

Fair point but lower leagues less away fans, it must be some of our problem where we cant make the ground hostile for away teams?. If Carlsberg did easy wins and great away experience then SMS is the place.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

How many of those wins were during COVID when there were no fans?

I make it 9 wins in an empty stadium, with one more against Sheffield United in front of 1500 was it? 

Just now, Appy said:

I make it 9 wins in an empty stadium, with one more against Sheffield United in front of 1500 was it? 

Ah, but is that because there were no home fans to get on their backs, or because there were no away fans to cheer on the opposition?

Was left feeling very numb after Monday night. I think poor defending is what cost us as the first two goals were totally avoidable. Alcaraz, Lyanco and Prowsey (from the spot) with good finishes :) just annoying that having scored three times we couldn't win this one.

• Like 1

On 04/05/2023 at 19:27, Tom & Gerry said:

Playing without forwards not radical enough for you?

Mind you with barely a goal between them for the last 18 months I wouldn't bother  playing them either,  but some fans are more tolerant.

I think Selles must have assumed real life is like Football Manager where playing without strikers confuses the opposition and so almost guarantees goals.

• Like 1