Forest 4-3 Saints - Match Thread

Turkish

6 minutes ago, saint1977 said:

Diallo - why is our worst ever top flight CM still appearing? At least Quashie could score the odd goal.

Aye? Was he even in the squad tonight?

• Haha 1

It's nearly over, thankfully. Shit results playing shit football. Time for a massive dump of personnel throughout the club and a rebuild. Starting with the manager and his team of coaches. British manager please, sick to death of the tippy tappy shit Barcelona bollocks. Need to bring in a couple of goalscoring strikers, a good holding midfielder who can act as captain, some pace, a new centre back who can organise the back four and a new goalkeeper. Or we're going through the Championship faster than a Vindaloo through a baby.

• Like 4

Just now, Lallana's Left Peg said:

Sometimes its hard to know if the players are ok and the manager is terrible, or the manager is ok and the players are terrible, and then it dawns on you that both the players and manager is terrible and it all makes sense why we're on course to have the sixth lowest points total in Premier League history.

Three managers ....

All of which is magnified by the Board and decision makers over the recruitment.

Just now, Toussaint said:

He did have a poor game, but he looked way way off match fit and should have been pulled at half time.

I'd of brought Mara on, but Selles doesn't seem to fancy him or any of the strikers really. Not sure many on here do either to be fair.

We have fans that are now calling are dedicated away supporters c*nts and noddys. We have a fanbase that booed this young and inexperienced team from the very first game of the season when they needed support. And we have fans that wanted a loyal, passionate, and good manager sacked - a decision that has most certainly relegated us.

As a fanbase we're reaping what we've sown. But I must say i'm looking forward to the, "anyone would be better than ralph / JWP / INSERT OTHER" finding something else to moan about in the lower leagues. Without doubt, their unrealistic expectations and impatience in "supporting" this team, and the negativity they created, are a part of why we're going down.

Commentators calling on saints fans to be a "12th man" this season 😂

Edited by Saint86
  • Like 9
  • Haha 11
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Ekelund said:

This bednarek love in sums us up. He’s dog shit and was over the moon with his move to villa. why are we now so willing to accept this knobhead? 

Now the constant finger pointing is being spun into captain material 🤣

Did you watch tonight? He and Lyanco stopped an embarrassment. 

• Like 12
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

Agreed with Bednarek, he has been pretty decent since he returned. Wouldn't be the worst thing we could do in keeping him.

He didnt think we were big enough for him the prem - what makes you think his big head and arrogance will want to play for us in the Championship..........

3 minutes ago, Saint86 said:

We have fans that are now calling are dedicated away supporters c*nts and noddys. We have a fanbase that booed this young and inexperienced team from the very first game of the season when they needed support. And we have fans that wanted a loyal, passionate, and good manager sacked - a decision that has most certainly relegated us.

As a fanbase we're reaping what we've sown. But I must say i'm looking forward to the, "anyone would be better than ralph / JWP / INSERT OTHER" finding something else to moan about in the lower leagues. Without doubt, their unrealistic expectations and impatience in "supporting" this team, and the negativity they created, are a part of why we're going down.

Let it go mate.

• Haha 1

We see you Martin Semmens

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Saint86 said:

We have fans that are now calling are dedicated away supporters c*nts and noddys

Most of them are noddy, I thank god I rarely go away anymore to be associated with some with them 😂

7 minutes ago, Saint86 said:

and good manager sacked - a decision that has most certainly relegated us.

I agree Nathan Jones should not have been sacked.

8 minutes ago, Saint86 said:

their unrealistic expectations and impatience in "supporting" this team

we have 3 games left and are on 24 points

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, whiteleySaint30 said:

He didnt think we were big enough for him the prem - what makes you think his big head and arrogance will want to play for us in the Championship..........

He may not want to stick around, just saying that if he was to stay, certainly wouldn't be the worst thing 

8 minutes ago, Saint86 said:

Still deluded as ever

10 minutes ago, Saint86 said:

What a crock of shite. I don’t honestly believe you think that it’s just for show and reaction!

we have seen what 2-3 wins at home outplayed by Wednesday, Lincoln and Grimsby yet it’s the fans fault!!

Sacking Ralph who had us 90th out of  92 clubs and appointing Jones and Selles and not appointing an experienced manager not fans who pay good money to watch utter dross and half arsed players taking extortionate wages

Edited by Give it to Ron
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Chez said:

Thought Che had a poor game. Second best the whole night. I was hoping for more. 

This could have been copy and pasted from so many other post match discussions unfortunately.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, egg said:

Then your comments don't make a lot of sense.

They do. I’m not referencing tonights game or even the last few weeks. I’m referring to fact he’s been shite since we signed him, the fact he was over the moon to leave (until he got found out and didn’t play for villa) and the fact we’ve got fans putting him forward as the next captain.

I read something during the week where he was (supposedly) not thinking about next season or looking to leave, hell he’d happily stay etc. where do you think he’s going to go? Who would take him? Seriously. Nice of him to do us a favour though eh.

Ralph, we would still be a Prem team with him. Just look at the bloke in dug out last 6 months of him being in charge, just exhausted. 

Not sure why Katrina is still hanging on anymore. Failed with Jao and now SR. 

• Haha 1

Where do you start?, a manager who doesn't know his best team and before tonight played negative and dull football when it's way too late.

A centre forward who looked like he was wearing clown shoes.....I'm looking at you CA.

AMN who is the laziest player I've ever seen

ABK could'nt really be arsed

Theo.....I actually thought he was good tonight, but there's no way in our position with all the money we've spent, he should be starting in the first team

Bednarek...I don't care how 'decent' he has been recently......he's still a bit of a Jonah and I can't wait to see the back of him

JWP...thanks for everything, but goodbye

A Armstrong....no words

Selles....what a turd of a manager. He could have saved us but was so negative it was infuriating.....the negativity filtered down through the team.

Ely.........the only silver cloud is that he'll fuck off...along with Diallo who doesn't even deserve a mention.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, Saint Gifford said:

Ralph, we would still be a Prem team with him. Just look at the bloke in dug out last 6 months of him being in charge, just exhausted. 

we’d have certainly achieved more points, however relegation was inevitable 

Players did as expected, at least this time we scored whilst still losing.

To the majority of fans who gave the players a standing ovation, what the fuck? If your dog shat on the carpet week after week would you reward it, or give negative feedback?

Thank god the season is nearly over and we can hopefully reset ourselves a la Burnley.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just a thought. If you were managing a hypothetical new PL team next season and you could only choose   from the two teams playing tonight how many of your chosen 11 were wearing  those strange blue tops tonight?  That I think says a lot. I would have KWP but then I’m struggling. Maybe even Bednatek. But most of the others were inferior to their Notts counterparts in energy determination and ability. Or if it just they have a better manager?

Edited by Lone ranger
Hadn’t finished Doh!

2 minutes ago, Ekelund said:

They do. I’m not referencing tonights game or even the last few weeks. I’m referring to fact he’s been shite since we signed him, the fact he was over the moon to leave (until he got found out and didn’t play for villa) and the fact we’ve got fans putting him forward as the next captain.

I read something during the week where he was (supposedly) not thinking about next season or looking to leave, hell he’d happily stay etc. where do you think he’s going to go? Who would take him? Seriously. Nice of him to do us a favour though eh.

Yep, I'm putting him forward as our next captain cos he plays like a captain. If he'd drop with us into the championship, I'd have him there in a heartbeat. Whining cos he wanted the challenge of a bigger and better club is daft, especially after he's come back with his tale between his legs and given it jus all. Anyone who says that they wouldn't have made the move he made is full of shit (or lacks ambition). Sure, he ain't the best CB out there, but he'd be brilliant in the imo.

Feel free to disagree, we don't have to agree with each other. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, egg said:

Yep, I'm putting him forward as our next captain cos he plays like a captain. If he'd drop with us into the championship, I'd have him there in a heartbeat. Whining cos he wanted the challenge of a bigger and better club is daft, especially after he's come back with his tale between his legs and given it jus all. Anyone who says that they wouldn't have made the move he made is full of shit (or lacks ambition). Sure, he ain't the best CB out there, but he'd be brilliant in the imo.

I was a bit like whatever when he came back, yeah he made some ill advised comments, but since he has been back, bar a couple of errors, he has been pretty decent. At least he plays like he gives a shit, not like half of those we have out there at the moment.

Ralph would have taken us down, Jones would have taken us down, Selles has.

Look above them for the real mistakes - the whole club has become riddled with mediocrity.

Start again - clear the deadwood, fresh start, new direction, perhaps with some pride on show and some fucking entertainment along the way.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, rallyboy said:

Look above them for the real mistakes - the whole club has become riddled with mediocrity.

Start again - clear the deadwood, fresh start, new direction, perhaps with some pride on show and some fucking entertainment along the way.

Spot on, remember......it doesn't matter where we finish in the table apparently 🤷‍♂️

13 minutes ago, egg said:

Somehow, in 10 weeks, some manager or other is supposed to assemble a side and squad that can at least have a crack at the top 6. So starting with a few players with long standing PL credentials , even if mediocre ones, such as JB and Stephens  is probably not the worst idea, given the extensive rebuild needed in so many other areas.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Pamplemousse said:

We were by far the better team today.

We gifted them that win with dreadful defending.

All too little too late. Get a solid no-nonsense centre back in and a proper centre forward and we smash the Championship next season.

Don't know how you can say they were by far the better team, they defended awfully and let in four goals that could easily have been 5 or more. Neither side was good, but at least they both tried a bit going forwards.

2 minutes ago, capnordest said:

Don't know how you can say they were by far the better team, they defended awfully and let in four goals that could easily have been 5 or more. Neither side was good, but at least they both tried a bit going forwards.

Passing the ball back and square, back and square and again does not win matches, is a pointless exercise boring to watch and frustrating in the extreme and we've been doing it all season with the results we've got.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Pamplemousse said:

All too little too late. Get a solid no-nonsense centre back in and a proper centre forward and we smash the Championship next season.

We were absolutely not by far the better team, although it is true that Forest were pretty poor.

We just gifted them chances over and over.

I don't really think you can just say that next season we just need two players being that virtually the entire squad will be different.

13 minutes ago, rallyboy said:

This. We're owed an apology from the wankers upstairs but that is never going to be forthcoming is it. What I do want to hear however is a statement of intent - "we are committed to returning the club to the PL at the first time of asking", "we will be doing our all to retain our best players", "there will be significant investment to help with the promotion push" etc etc. If we go weeks without any communication then they really are taking the piss. Relieving Selles of his duties at the end of the season would be a good start also

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

We were absolutely not by far the better team, although it is true that Forest were pretty poor.

We just gifted them chances over and over.

I don't really think you can just say that next season we just need two players being that virtually the entire squad will be different.

Oh we need more than 2 players for sure. Just in the first 11 alone that's what we need. The whole squad needs a change of mentality 

Just now, woodsaint1 said:

This. We're owed an apology from the wankers upstairs but that is never going to be forthcoming is it. What I do want to hear however is a statement of intent - "we are committed to returning the club to the PL at the first time of asking", "we will be doing our all to retain our best players", "there will be significant investment to help with the promotion push" etc etc. If we go weeks without any communication then they really are taking the piss. Relieving Selles of his duties at the end of the season would be a good start also

Don't want an apology, just a commitment to get things right. Ankersen to not get involved would be a nice start.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Pamplemousse said:

Sorry but these two statements are incompatible. We conceded 4 goals, very easy goals at that. When you do that, it does not matter how good we play during the rest of the game, the better team is the one who minimises the mistakes better

1 hour ago, Chez said:

I'd of brought Mara on, but Selles doesn't seem to fancy him or any of the strikers really. 

This is my favourite piece of dysfunctional man management amongst a season jam packed with idiocy.

Mara finally got his first league goal against Man City, and Selles decided to take advantage of the potential boost to his confidence, and the possibility that he might go a bit of a run, by not giving him a single minute of action since. 

Not a single minute. Even Adam Armstrong has been playing, and he hasn't scored since before the Queen died. 

• Like 10

16 minutes ago, qwertyell said:

This is my favourite piece of dysfunctional man management amongst a season jam packed with idiocy.

Mara finally got his first league goal against Man City, and Selles decided to take advantage of the potential boost to his confidence, and the possibility that he might go a bit of a run, by not giving him a single minute of action since. 

Not a single minute. Even Adam Armstrong has been playing, and he hasn't scored since before the Queen died. 

He barely scored for us whilst the queen was alive

2 minutes ago, Dark Munster said:

Well I for one am not giving up hope. We're not mathematically down yet. Win the next four and we can still pull this out of the fire.

Me neither, especially if we can sneak in a few extra games than the allocated 38!! Forget I said that...even if this team played an extra 10 games more they would still be rock bottom!!! As for those singing the praises of Bednarek - if he wants to go back to Poland I will drive him there!!!

• Like 1