Forest 4-3 Saints - Match Thread

Turkish

Nothing more dangerous than an injured lion and Reuben and the boys will be hurting right now. Unfortunate in the last 3 games so they’ll be well up for this one. 

We are heading into this game with Forest, Everton and Leeds imploding. Leeds away at City so if we can beat Forest we will be only 3 points off safety. we are due a win so I fancy is to get one here and it’s back on

our unstoppable run to safety starts here. COYR!

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 4
  • Haha 32

• Turkish changed the title to Forest Away 8th May Build Up - MASSIVE GAME
Just now, JRM said:

I remember we got relegated at Forest in 2009 , can we be officially down again next week? 

Not officially, but if we lose we could only get to 33 points, of which Forest would be on if they beat us. As close to official as you can get without it being official.

• Like 1

Just now, JRM said:

I remember we got relegated at Forest in 2009 , can we be officially down again next week? 

Not mathematically but we could be 9 points adrift. If we lose, Leicester beat Everton and whoever they play next and Leeds win at Man city. 

4 minutes ago, JRM said:

That was the last game of the season, we were relegated before that. I was there, we were 1-0 up with 15 minutes left, then brought on Lancashire and lost 3-1. We all joined in the singing with the Forest fans, everyone was just sick of our football by then.

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Not mathematically but we could be 9 points adrift. If we lose, Leicester beat Everton and whoever they play next and Leeds win at Man city. 

I’m just glad Selles isn’t looking at the table, I’d just hate if he were to become distracted from his ideology due to perceived pressure.

We March on!

• Like 2

Please, please, please Saints, if you only win one more game this season, make it this one. At least give me something I can use against all the Forest fans up here. Bright side with relegation ist that there are many more teams in the lower divisions in the Midlands I can get to. Oh, I said bright side, I forgot that this is Saints we're talking about here. Never forget seeing us lose to Notts County in the Redflapp years. So awful! Please, just beat Forest!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Turkish said:

On the other hand if we beat Forest, Dyche picks himself for Everton, Leeds decide to play Rugby League instead, Leicester recall Lineker,  Jupiter aligns with Saturn, and King Cnut turns back the waves, we could just survive. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

2 minutes ago, LaptopSaint said:

On the other hand if we beat Forest, Dyche picks himself for Everton, Leeds decide to play Rugby League instead, Leicester recall Lineker,  Jupiter aligns with Saturn, and King Cnut turns back the waves, we could just survive. 

What about Uranus?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

Nothing more dangerous than an injured lion and Reuben and the boys will be hurting right now. Unfortunate in the last 3 games so they’ll be well up for this one. 

We are heading into this game with Forest, Everton and Leeds imploding. Leeds away at City so if we can beat Forest we will be only 3 points off safety. we are due a win so I fancy is to get one here and it’s back on

Michael Jordan Lol GIF by ESPN

2 hours ago, Turkish said:

NURSE!

Another one has got out of his room. Bring the restraints.

And valium. Lots of lovely valium.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

FFS! 

• Like 1

I think we have a great chance if we use our "play stoppers" to their full effect.

A front 4 of Walcott, Adam Armstrong, Elyounoussi and Moussa Djenepo will completely nullify them from source and Forest won't be able to get out of their own half. 

Another Selles masterclass on its way and as he said - we will fight tooth and nail until the bitter end. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

That was the last game of the season, we were relegated before that. I was there, we were 1-0 up with 15 minutes left, then brought on Lancashire and lost 3-1. We all joined in the singing with the Forest fans, everyone was just sick of our football by then.

Correct, I went there not knowing if we would exist a few weeks later.  And then Marcus arrived….

1 hour ago, Harry_SFC said:

I think we have a great chance if we use our "play stoppers" to their full effect.

A front 4 of Walcott, Adam Armstrong, Elyounoussi and Moussa Djenepo will completely nullify them from source and Forest won't be able to get out of their own half. 

Another Selles masterclass on its way and as he said - we will fight tooth and nail until the bitter end. 

We need to play to our strengths and those 4 lads are excellent without the ball. Our biggest problem is when they get it, so best thing to do is stop Forest playing and shoot on sight first chance we get. The more shots you have the more likely you are to score so just hit it, eventually one will go in. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, JRM said:

Probably the only time at an away game I’ve ever been happy that the stewards were trying to get everyone to sit down. It was Hatton vs Pacquiao the night before and I was very hungover. 

3 hours ago, Noodles34 said:

Would you say this was a ‘must win’ game? 

More must not lose. A draw keeps Forest and Leeds in sight with 3 games left and if other results go our way we could easily be only two wins away from being 16th!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Suhari said:

NURSE!

Another one has got out of his room. Bring the restraints.

And valium. Lots of lovely valium.

Yep please sign me up for whatever he is on. SO LONG AS ALL MEANS OF COMMUNICATION ARE REMOVED FROM HIM/HER.

44 minutes ago, eurosaint said:

Hands up those who do not realise that Turkish is taking the piss ??

As soon as I read the opening post it was clear 😊

Certainly got a few to bite 🤪

And no doubt a heap more will have jumped on the hook by kick-off 😁 

Edited by John Boy Saint

What an opportunity this is for Forest by the way, they couldn't have picked a better fixture at this stage of the season if they tried. 

Fighting for survival against a team that checked out of football in December and will finish 20th. Bit of a nightmare for Leicester/Leeds/Everton that this fixture is happening tbh.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

What an opportunity this is for Forest by the way, they couldn't have picked a better fixture at this stage of the season if they tried. 

Fighting for survival against a team that checked out of football in December and will finish 20th. Bit of a nightmare for Leicester/Leeds/Everton that this fixture is happening tbh.

If a defeat for saints puts everton 1 step closer to joining us, I am all for it

image.png.a8a774ca580856f9b68619f694503bed.png

Edited by AlexLaw76
  • Like 1
  • Haha 8

Win all our matches and we'll stay up. Remember when Leicester won the league? If you see a fat lady starting to sing, shut that lard-ass up.

Let's keep it tight and do them late on.

BELIEVE. CoYR.

McCarthy

AMN Lyanco Janny B ABK KWP

-----<<<<Diallo>>>>-------

-----JWP ------- Lavia-------

-------Moi--Armstrong(A)---

Unleash Tall Paul, Adams, Sulemana, Stuart Armstrong, Edozie, Aribo and Alcaraz later in the game when they tire.

RRRREEEDDDD ARRRRMMYYY!!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, benjii said:

Win all our matches and we'll stay up. Remember when Leicester won the league? If you see a fat lady starting to sing, shut that lard-ass up.

Let's keep it tight and do them late on.

BELIEVE. CoYR.

McCarthy

AMN Lyanco Janny B ABK KWP

-----<<<<Diallo>>>>-------

-----JWP ------- Lavia-------

-------Moi--Armstrong(A)---

Unleash Tall Paul, Adams, Sulemana, Stuart Armstrong, Edozie, Aribo and Alcaraz later in the game when they tire.

RRRREEEDDDD ARRRRMMYYY!!!

Admire your positivity but if we beat Forest it will raise our false hopes before they are dashed again. I could never want Saints to lose but I reckon relegation , a big purge of staff which has started already is what’s needed.

as I’ve said before we’ve been wallowing in mediocrity for the last couple of years. Big picture we have such massive potential .

I think most fans whatever their opinions are suffering from PTSD I know I am.

• Like 1

On 30/04/2023 at 17:25, Turkish said:

How injured are we? A sore paw or shot by several tranquillisers and barely in a state of consciousness? 

Note to self: stay strong, don’t go to Forest, do not weaken, do not become delusional and think the great escape starts here. Stay home, do the garden, watch Heartbeat on BritBox, get an early night.

Edited by Toussaint
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Toussaint said:

Note to self: stay strong, don’t go to Forest, do not weaken, do not become delusional and think the great escape starts here. Stay home, do the garden, watch Heartbeat on BritBox, get an early night.

Around 2000 years ago lots of hungry people went to a location to hear some geezer speak, they ended up going home with their bellies full of fish and bread. Miracles do happen. BELIEVE

• Haha 3

• Lighthouse changed the title to Forest 4-3 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic