Forest 4-3 Saints - Match Thread

Turkish

In my very humble opinion, we win or lose over the whole season. 

We were sunk months ago.

I can’t be bothered to look up the last time we weren’t at the bottom, or to put in bluntly in the bottom three. 

One thing I do know, it was more than 4 games ago.

I am however looking forward to next season and “hopefully” the thrill of being top three not bottom three for a change.

The only that will wreck that for us, is if SR continue to play us like Football Manager.

Just hope they leave the on field stuff to whoever the new team of coaches are, and hopefully they will be people who have been there done it very successfully. 

• Like 4

As others have said I have a ticket but not sure I can justify my time and money on a dead rubber for us .

I’ll go to the Fullham game to see us be officially relegated , I’ll go to Brighton for the day out and then give the scousers a miss - I don’t enjoy playing them at the best of times but they’ll be loads of them scattered about all over the ground - and no interest in seeing us lose again playing crab football and a team that’s been picked out a hat . 

2 hours ago, IFHP said:

As others have said I have a ticket but not sure I can justify my time and money on a dead rubber for us .

I’ll go to the Fullham game to see us be officially relegated , I’ll go to Brighton for the day out and then give the scousers a miss - I don’t enjoy playing them at the best of times but they’ll be loads of them scattered about all over the ground - and no interest in seeing us lose again playing crab football and a team that’s been picked out a hat . 

2 hours ago, bangkoksaint said:

Forest away on a BH evening with the likelihood it’ll be the game that could relegate us…..what’s not to like!!

I’m going and looking forward to it. We may be doomed but still love away days, always a good day out. I guess it’s more to do with a day out on the piss than the football!

• Like 1

On 01/05/2023 at 16:23, benjii said:

Win all our matches and we'll stay up. Remember when Leicester won the league? If you see a fat lady starting to sing, shut that lard-ass up.

Let's keep it tight and do them late on.

BELIEVE. CoYR.

McCarthy

AMN Lyanco Janny B ABK KWP

-----<<<<Diallo>>>>-------

-----JWP ------- Lavia-------

-------Moi--Armstrong(A)---

Unleash Tall Paul, Adams, Sulemana, Stuart Armstrong, Edozie, Aribo and Alcaraz later in the game when they tire.

RRRREEEDDDD ARRRRMMYYY!!!

Honestly, I think I'd rather see Orsic in the starting lineup than Moi.  At least then Selles could claim to be trying something different.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Appy said:

I’ll be there, looking forward to it, well, not the football match. 

Admire anyone travelling up for this, we took the max 2,955 tickets and had sold around 2,800 a few days ago, so may even still sell-out. No doubt some will sack it off now but everyone there deserves a performance. We're done but Forest have everything to go for so the place will be rocking, memories of the Dell in those circumstances is so far removed from St Mary's these days. Shame.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, gonzo said:

Honestly, I think I'd rather see Orsic in the starting lineup than Moi.  At least then Selles could claim to be trying something different.

He tries something different every match, problem is it never works....

😣

Massive, gy-normous ...or whichever vital-type superlative you choose, it may be one of the most meaningful games since

Gabbiadini's goal at Swansea kept us up.... or the way the Man.Utd .game imploded and relegated us to the Championship in 2005.

With Forest sitting just above us in the drop zone, you don't need a calculator to see that anything less than 3 points will certainly

condemn us to relegation - as the remaining 3 games afterwards (2 of which are away) are against in-form sides who are all going for 

some measure of Euro glory for next season.  .....so that we need to see 4 top class performances from all players - who are either

wanting to cement a place in next season's squad, or are looking for a " big club" to buy them out, so that they can stay in the Prem.. 

..... whichever way you look at it,  unless there is another doom-laden word that illustrates this match better than.........massive. 

Edited by david in sweden
  • Haha 1

It could have been a game to create another legend like Micky Evans became up there in 1997, but it seems more likely that is will just reenforce the Davenport/Jacobsson/Quashie/Bernard comparisons.

The law of averages says we could still win up there, but after stuffing Brighton in their last home game they will fancy their chances. Not sure I can face my forest supporting brother in law if we lose home and away. COYR. Help me save some face!

21 hours ago, gonzo said:

Playing without forwards not radical enough for you?

Mind you with barely a goal between them for the last 18 months I wouldn't bother  playing them either,  but some fans are more tolerant.

17 hours ago, Turkish said:

We won’t win another game this season

I'd suggest we won't even draw another game. Just 6 draws and 6 wins all season. We've gone out of our way to not just fail to win, but even fail to draw in the must win games.

27 minutes ago, Turkish said:

only beaten 4 out of the 19 other teams in the league this season. 🤣

We really do deserve to get relegated, show you how bad the rest are that there is a chance we dont ,a couple of extra wins and we wouldn't be  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, charliemiller said:

We really do deserve to get relegated, show you how bad the rest are that there is a chance we dont ,a couple of extra wins and we wouldn't be  

mad isn't it, how pretty much everyone has given up, says it's our own fault and we deserve it. just a resignation from everyone.

6 hours ago, gammon cheeks said:

Just had a look at table ..did not realise we had lost 22 games this season ! That is utter disgraceful !

How many of those where we took a 1-0 defeat without ever really going for it? 

• Like 1

Isn't it lovely that the season has effectively finished for us now, and instead the saints games serve more as a distraction (as we await the summer rebuild) than anything to get overly stressed about?

Edited by Saint86
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, charliemiller said:

Dare i say... "the league table doesn't lie"... 🤣

X Factor Reaction GIF by X Factor Global

Edited by Saint86
  • Haha 1

On 04/05/2023 at 14:28, david in sweden said:

Massive, gy-normous ...or whichever vital-type superlative you choose, it may be one of the most meaningful games since

Gabbiadini's goal at Swansea kept us up.... or the way the Man.Utd .game imploded and relegated us to the Championship in 2005.

With Forest sitting just above us in the drop zone, you don't need a calculator to see that anything less than 3 points will certainly

condemn us to relegation - as the remaining 3 games afterwards (2 of which are away) are against in-form sides who are all going for 

some measure of Euro glory for next season.  .....so that we need to see 4 top class performances from all players - who are either

wanting to cement a place in next season's squad, or are looking for a " big club" to buy them out, so that they can stay in the Prem.. 

..... whichever way you look at it,  unless there is another doom-laden word that illustrates this match better than.........massive. 

I would describe this match for us as miniscule and utterly without consequence.

Looking forward to it though as I predict Forest will shit the bed and relegate themselves.

Edited by CB Fry
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

I would describe this match as miniscule and utterly without consequence.

With each premier league place being worth about £500k a win Monday night might spark a run that lifts us to 19th or even 18th so our losses will only be about £79.5m next season. Well worth the lads digging deep 

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Saint86 said:

Isn't it lovely that the season has effectively finished for us now, and instead the saints games serve more as a distraction (as we await the summer rebuild) than anything to get overly stressed about?

Yes there's no stress on this game. Fair play to all those going - it could have been a crunch game but not now. But the stress is only just beginning. The summer departures and arrivals will dictate our season in the Championship and our powers-that-be don't exactly inspire confidence that they're going to get the manager and new players right.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Toussaint said:

You don’t understand, we didn’t lose any games 9-0. I call that mission accomplished!

That will be the dog turd on top of the cow pat when we play Liverpool on the final day.

Edited by Sunglasses Ron
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, gammon cheeks said:

About time Bree had a proper chance at right back to be honest . 

Agreed, he can’t be any worse than AMN. I guess AMN being able to play 3 positions (badly) gives him the nod when it comes to picking a squad. Although, I’m not actually sure that Bree couldn’t play centre half or centre midfield better than him to be honest. 

Edited by Lord Duckhunter
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Wont matter as Selles will likely line up with no striker again. But for whats it worth, I'd go with;

McCarthy

Bree       ABK      Bednarek   KWP

JWP     Lavia

Sulemana   Alcaraz    S.Armstrong

Adams

We're not keeping a clean sheet and I cant see us scoring more than 1.

2-1 Forest and relegation all but confirmed (if it wasnt already)

• Like 1

Unlike us, Forest fans will be still believing they can stay up, I think the support they’ll get Monday night will be loud and intense. Our gutless wonders will likely just melt.

We’ll have just shy of 3,000 up there (around 100 tickets left) but I don’t think they’ll make much of a dent on the atmosphere unfortunately watching another lacklustre performance from us. 

2 hours ago, woodsaint1 said:

Wont matter as Selles will likely line up with no striker again. But for whats it worth, I'd go with;

McCarthy

Bree       ABK      Bednarek   KWP

JWP     Lavia

Sulemana   Alcaraz    S.Armstrong

Adams

We're not keeping a clean sheet and I cant see us scoring more than 1.

2-1 Forest and relegation all but confirmed (if it wasnt already)

That’s the kind of lineup that would give me hope, and not to have AA or Ely any where near the squad. ( or Diallo and ANM )

On 03/05/2023 at 13:56, east-stand-nic said:

Massive game for Forest, not for us. Win and we are still down. The ship has long since sailed. Let's get ready for a promotion push and winning some games next season.

This the only thing massive about this game will be the fans disappointment then again maybe not as we are used to it now 

• Lighthouse changed the title to Forest 4-3 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic