pasing style

Totton Saint

13 hours ago, Turkish said:

I wonder if this is the beginning of another unstoppable march to the champions league, like we were on in 2009-12?

I for one look forward to seeing ‘Lego Head’ going all ‘noddy’ with his on the pitch post-match celebrations after we win comfortably at The Bernabeu  

16 minutes ago, Badger said:

I for one look forward to seeing ‘Lego Head’ going all ‘noddy’ with his on the pitch post-match celebrations after we win comfortably at The Bernabeu  

6,000 Saints fans filling the Bernabeu with songs about how much they hate Pompey in a champions league semi final would be the definition on mongness 

• Haha 6

9 hours ago, Turkish said:

6,000 Saints fans filling the Bernabeu with songs about how much they hate Pompey in a champions league semi final would be the definition on mongness 

You take the p1ss out of people using language like “cooking” and “bruv”, and yet you still use language like “mongness”..

You and the three people who laughed at your comment not able to see the irony in that?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If he meant in style - It's not a silly comparison, if you regularly watch both sides you will see that some of our shape passing / transitions is a clear Man City copy. And the replies are unfair. 

If he meant not far removed in quality and effectiveness, then I would strongly disagree, and support some of the sarcasm! 

14 hours ago, West end Saints said:

If he meant in style - It's not a silly comparison, if you regularly watch both sides you will see that some of our shape passing / transitions is a clear Man City copy. And the replies are unfair. 

If he meant not far removed in quality and effectiveness, then I would strongly disagree, and support some of the sarcasm! 

I should have added" but not getting the same outcome

• Like 1

We can only dream that our passing style is reminiscent of Man City’s - the best team in England last five years and current best in Europe. 

It took Pep Guardiola, billions of Arabian pounds and six years to get to their current footballing dominance. 

If Saints are even close to replicating elements of that style without the billions and without Pep and measuring progress after 5 months not 5 years we can count ourselves as doing very well. 

The unbeaten run IS relevant. It shows that there is some kind of core resilience and aversion to defeat going on that’s starting to become innate. Let’s face it- last season we often played like a team of plucky losers. Not this year. 

I don’t care for comparison to amazing out -performers Ipswich and Leicester City - good luck to them - but they are not my team.

If it seems Saints are becoming incredibly hard to beat week in week out - regardless of opponent - instead of pushovers once first goal goes in- well that’s what I call good progress. If it’s enough to get out of this league we shall see, but being incredibly hard to defeat is definitely a good first step after years of NOT being hard to beat. 

• Haha 1