Whats this 'Saints 1885' group ?

SaintsLoyal

1 hour ago, Killers Knee said:

Imagine our players walking out to this instead of the ghey toons and £10 fireworks 

and it’s from the homeland of our owner, this is the football he grew up with.  A basketball match in Belgrade has much better atmosphere than St. Fairy’s.

All I could think was, Christ I bet that tunnel stinks of piss.

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

Instead they get this. This is a like a who's who of the most dangerous men in football, Cross these loons at your peril. 

Southampton fan in the stand with his face painted before the UEFA ...
Southampton fans enjoy themselves in Milan as youngster Sam McQueen ...
Southampton make a clown cry, Torres’ glory and more pictures of the ...
Southampton fan dancing to The Prodigy's 'Firestarter' | Ja kad čujem ...

That’s a great selfie of you sitting on your own mate. 

16 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Sounded alright in the second half.

Massively helped by the guys banging the hoardings getting chucked out. Before that started it was all just people sat around chatting like they were at a pre season friendly.

People that bang on the hoardings are absolute bellends. Simple as. I don’t care what stand they’re in.

If they do that near me I want want to tell them to grow up and flatten them. It’s so frustrating to have that in your ear.

Being pedantic you could argue they’re actually worse fans because they’re making the atmosphere more miserable and actually facing the back of the stand smacking it rather than watching the game. 😂

• Like 1

Just now, FarehamSaintJames said:

People that bang on the hoardings are absolute bellends. Simple as. I don’t care what stand they’re in.

If they do that near me I want want to tell them to grow up and flatten them. It’s so frustrating to have that in your ear.

Being pedantic you could argue they’re actually worse fans because they’re making the atmosphere more miserable and actually facing the back of the stand smacking it rather than watching the game. 😂

These guys were at the front.

Absolute morons trying to get a flat atmosphere going, what were they thinking?

We were 1-0 up, Leicester had lost and the crowd was quiet for ages before they stared.

There's literally no way you are punching someone at a game for banging on a board, don't be ridiculous.

56 minutes ago, The Cat said:

These guys were at the front.

Absolute morons trying to get a flat atmosphere going, what were they thinking?

We were 1-0 up, Leicester had lost and the crowd was quiet for ages before they stared.

There's literally no way you are punching someone at a game for banging on a board, don't be ridiculous.

You don’t get an atmosphere going by banging some boards. All that does is drown out any real enthusiasm from the rest of the stadium. Besides, how is anyone else supposed to join in?

3 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

You don’t get an atmosphere going by banging some boards. All that does is drown out any real enthusiasm from the rest of the stadium. Besides, how is anyone else supposed to join in?

They were banging the beat to get everyone shouting "the Saints". 

It worked because people joined in. 

From that more songs came. Once a crowd is sparked into singing it quite often leads to more chants.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Cat said:

They were banging the beat to get everyone shouting "the Saints". 

It worked because people joined in. 

From that more songs came. Once a crowd is sparked into singing it quite often leads to more chants.

Only the immediate neighbours joined in. For the rest of the crowd it was an unnecessary distraction. It takes a lot to get the geriatrics in the Kingsland to join in but it can happen. Banging a board won’t do it.

17 hours ago, The Cat said:

Massively helped by the guys banging the hoardings getting chucked out. Before that started it was all just people sat around chatting like they were at a pre season friendly.

A bit like how the players were treating the game then . 

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

I'm really not sure singing is the root cause of our inability to score more than one and then switch off.

You ever been to a game? Fathers Gun is what gets our players up for every kick off - where would we be without it?

On 27/03/2024 at 11:45, Turkish said:

Perhaps @OldNick and those others rejected have formed a sect. Kind of like a poundshop Mormons 

this will never get off the ground as Turkish has not made it up. I thought here must be some new merchandise out there somewhere, as I heard some lads saying COT mugs this and COT mugs that, but it turns out it was just an observation! 

• Haha 2