The future of watching football on the telly

Saint NL

Sky have had an app available on Oculus Quest for a few years now which lets viewers see the action from different parts of the stadium. It looks very cool but they don't really promote it, and I've never bothered to actually shell out and try the live experience.

Edit - it's been discontinued as of this January. 

Edited by Ted Bates Statue

17 hours ago, Turkish said:

Football is not a television program FFS :facepalm:

But how else would we broaden our reach to the MASSIVE catchment areas without it? Surely you can't be saying you only want the support to come from, and represent, the city it's in? I thought with your woke sentiments you would encourage more TV and more fan experiences, so our overseas, druid and northern (basingrad) friends can really feel the special atmosphere of singing about pompey and shouting pork all game whilst wearing a VR headset?

3 hours ago, franniesTache said:

But how else would we broaden our reach to the MASSIVE catchment areas without it? Surely you can't be saying you only want the support to come from, and represent, the city it's in? I thought with your woke sentiments you would encourage more TV and more fan experiences, so our overseas, druid and northern (basingrad) friends can really feel the special atmosphere of singing about pompey and shouting pork all game whilst wearing a VR headset?

We already own the whole of the UK below the line from London, through Birmingham up to Liverpool or is that Bournemouths now?

• Haha 2

Does the new Sky deal mean that SaintsPlay streams for UK audiences stop but remain for foreign audiences?  If so, a VPN will come in handy for those unable to attend our matches (assuming we stay in the Championship).

Asking for a friend. 😉

16 hours ago, Tommy Mulgrew said:

Does the new Sky deal mean that SaintsPlay streams for UK audiences stop but remain for foreign audiences?  If so, a VPN will come in handy for those unable to attend our matches (assuming we stay in the Championship).

Asking for a friend. 😉

Yup, it does look that way - tell your friend to get a good quality VPN 😉

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

It has a soul. It has a spirit. It transcends reality.

If it doesn’t then you’re supporting the wrong team.

So does any other television programme.

Surely IF you were gonna watch any television programme in this fashion (and it's not for me but I certainly wouldn't begrudge others for preferring it) then it'd be a live sport as opposed to EastEnders or Games of Thrones.

1 hour ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Does anybody know a good quality VPN?

Asking for a friend.

Can't go wrong with Nord.

They used to have some good offers when signing up, but at the moment all the VPNs are doing these cashback offers. So every time you buy something with the VPN enabled, you earn a percentage of the money spent back. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Turkish said:

If you need to ask that question then I’d suggest football Isn’t the game for you Matthew 

I'm still not really getting it? It IS a programme and it is shown on television?

3 hours ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Does anybody know a good quality VPN?

Asking for a friend.

I use Proton.  The free version, which I have, used to give a choice of the Netherlands, USA or Japan as a free location but now gives only the former.  It is good and I recommend it.

• Like 2

On 13/04/2024 at 11:07, Bad Wolf said:

So does any other television programme.

Surely IF you were gonna watch any television programme in this fashion (and it's not for me but I certainly wouldn't begrudge others for preferring it) then it'd be a live sport as opposed to EastEnders or Games of Thrones.

Yeah! For example, Pat Sharp's Fun House.  Prime example of transcending reality.

• Haha 1