Have I missed something?

Big_Bald_Si

Why did they not mention anything on the OS? Very strange indeed.

Not understanding why we're loaning these players out, as they'll only come back and we'll have to pay their wages again. Why not sell them, or if we're that desperate, let them go elsewhere for free?

Why did they not mention anything on the OS? Very strange indeed.

They did: http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/?page_id=10414

Not understanding why we're loaning these players out, as they'll only come back and we'll have to pay their wages again. Why not sell them, or if we're that desperate, let them go elsewhere for free?

It seems as if nobody is willing to take the likes of Saganowski and Rasiak off our hands on a permanent basis right now, presumably because of their high salaries. They can probably afford to take them on loan, paying the salaries for a short period of time and with no obligation at the end of the loan period to sign them permanently.

In terms of the benefit to us, it gives us a short-term cash flow relief but we also still own the registration of two players who have demonstrated an ability to score goals at this level at times in the last 2 years. If we can get ourselves back to a situation where the finances aren't so tight, perhaps we might still see the pair of them play for us again, or (again, if we get to a non-desperate financial state) sell them for more than a pittance.

If we can get ourselves back to a situation where the finances aren't so tight, perhaps we might still see the pair of them play for us again, or (again, if we get to a non-desperate financial state) sell them for more than a pittance.

Do we know how long Saga and Rasiak have got left on their contracts? Not much I'd have thought by next summer.

Do we know how long Saga and Rasiak have got left on their contracts? Not much I'd have thought by next summer.

Dunno. But you're right, thats the key. I think our current plan is to just survive until we can get them, Skacel, BWP and Euell off the wage bill. The c£3m pa that would save would enable us to stabilise and improve the team.

Saga and Rasiak each have two years left. Their value on the balance sheet will be written down over that period so as each season goes past the club's assets are reduced by that depreciation, and this will figure in the losses for the year.

or (again, if we get to a non-desperate financial state) sell them for more than a pittance.

When do their contracts run out???

I assumed we would get no money for Rasiak as thought his deal wouldprobably be three years, which would expire at the end of the Watford loan.

Saga, I presume he still has one or two years left???

When do their contracts run out???

I assumed we would get no money for Rasiak as thought his deal wouldprobably be three years, which would expire at the end of the Watford loan.

Saga, I presume he still has one or two years left???

Rasiak signed a 4-year deal when his loan from Spurs was made permanent. Saganowski's is a 3-year deal, so I think they both expire at the same time, i.e. in 2010.

They did: http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/?page_id=10414

It seems as if nobody is willing to take the likes of Saganowski and Rasiak off our hands on a permanent basis right now, presumably because of their high salaries. They can probably afford to take them on loan, paying the salaries for a short period of time and with no obligation at the end of the loan period to sign them permanently.

In terms of the benefit to us, it gives us a short-term cash flow relief but we also still own the registration of two players who have demonstrated an ability to score goals at this level at times in the last 2 years. If we can get ourselves back to a situation where the finances aren't so tight, perhaps we might still see the pair of them play for us again, or (again, if we get to a non-desperate financial state) sell them for more than a pittance.

By not offloading them properly we end up paying their wages during the summer when they nothing to earn it.

Lowe is not a penny pincher. Can't you remember him splashing £3.2m on Tino and I presume that he gave to go ahead for our club record £4m on Delap, or actually if you take Tino and his bum chum cousin to keep him company at (I think) £1.1m then that is probably really the club record.

Exactly!!!!!!!!

He spent 2million on Rasiak and then committed the Club to a four year deal.

And that was about the same time as he was telling everyone that their was a war chest that Burley could spend.

and there i was being told he was deliberately trying to run this club down....:D

and there i was being told he was deliberately trying to run this club down....:D

And of course when the statement comes out that the Club has been mismanaged (by his new sidekick) since the same summer, the part about giving Rasiak a 4 year deal on mega wonga is brushed over (along with the warchest quote!!!).

The double standards at play are shocking.

The double standards at play are shocking.

From more angles than I think you're suggesting.

After all, many people on here claimed (and still claim, despite mountains of irrefutable evidence to the contrary) that Lowe refused to spend any money when he was chairman the first time around.

From more angles than I think you're suggesting.

After all, many people on here claimed (and still claim, despite mountains of irrefutable evidence to the contrary) that Lowe refused to spend any money when he was chairman the first time around.

im sure, even lowe's most harsh critics on saintsforever even produced a balance sheet for our time at sms to relegation and it showed that we spent every penny we had on players...well almost, we made something like £2m profit in over 4 years..

i may be wrong but im sure i read somthing like that....

we did spend plenty, but maybe not too wisely as we should have....

im sure, even lowe's most harsh critics on saintsforever even produced a balance sheet for our time at sms to relegation and it showed that we spent every penny we had on players...well almost, we made something like £2m profit in over 4 years..

I may be wrong but im sure i read somthing like that....

we did spend plenty, but maybe not too wisely as we should have....

Yes I remember that too, in terms of strict cash purchases and sales of players we were very nearly even. Of course there were probably all sorts of agents' fees and expenses on top. IMO the problems were caused by the rapid turnover of managers. Every new one would buy in his own favourites without moving on the players he didn't like and we would end up with a squad of nearly 40. Fabrice was a clear example.