Cider

harvey

It's an independent liquor/wine store in the south of town towards Anthem. I found it by just calling a bunch of stores in the area and as I was about to give up, got lucky!

WalMart is very useful, just know the right time to go to avoid the masses. :cool: Target is better though.

Is Target a supermarket chain LV?

I will put it in my satnav when we are in LV next April and check it out, failing that Vons usually manages to keep me in cider.

The best chain for cider on the East coast is Publix, you actually get a choice of 5 or 6 there.

Col.

Is Target a supermarket chain LV?

I will put it in my satnav when we are in LV next April and check it out, failing that Vons usually manages to keep me in cider.

The best chain for cider on the East coast is Publix, you actually get a choice of 5 or 6 there.

Col.

Target stores are nicer versions of Walmart basically. Prices maybe not quite as good for some things but it's much more pleasant.

5 litre of supermarket apple juice

packet of ale yeast

200g sugar

Sling 4 litres of apple juice in the 5 litre demijohn, put 1/2 litre into a saucepan and dissolve the sugar in it before adding this to the 4 litres already in the demijohn. Shake the hell out of it, wait to cool and add yeast, shake the hell out of it and let it go about it's fine work. Once it starts to clear add the remaining 1/2 litre juice and siphon into 500ml glass bottles, leave a week in the warm and then down in the cold.

5 litre of supermarket apple juice

packet of ale yeast

200g sugar

Sling 4 litres of apple juice in the 5 litre demijohn, put 1/2 litre into a saucepan and dissolve the sugar in it before adding this to the 4 litres already in the demijohn. Shake the hell out of it, wait to cool and add yeast, shake the hell out of it and let it go about it's fine work. Once it starts to clear add the remaining 1/2 litre juice and siphon into 500ml glass bottles, leave a week in the warm and then down in the cold.

Cheers, will give it a go.

Col.

Apart from a very few pubs the only place to get decent cider or perry is at a beer festival. Maybe at the odd farmers' market (Mr Whiteheads) or farm if you are in the West Country.

It's weird that a mass produced over marketed fizzy fruit juice like Magners has actually sparked an interest in the traditional drink. Always sells out at festivals.

• 2 years later...

Went to Westons Cider Factory in Much Marcle last weekend, did you know Fred Wests' family home is only 1/4 mile away from the factory, the home where he cut off his 1st wife's & childs head and buried her in the garden. Also he admitted to 20 other victims which were never found, all buried around the orchards of Weston's. So don't be too surprised if one day you get a bit of head on your scrumpy.

• 3 months later...
Savanna Dry made in South Africa ;-) sold in Morrissons it's bloody gorgeous, on it now. Gercha

Had that here for ages Stay off the Light version though, it's awful :)

3 Boxes of Wyld Wood Organic "smuggled" back here after my last trip - all 9 litres waiting for the Promotion Party

I bought a can of Black Sheep Ale last weekend at Bitterne triangle offy. Started pouring only to find cider inside! That's never happened before with any drink.

I contacted the brewery and they are concerned enough to request I post the can ASAP, not least because they normally only retail at Tesco.

I drank the cider anyway! No ill effects so far.

Went to Westons Cider Factory in Much Marcle last weekend, did you know Fred Wests' family home is only 1/4 mile away from the factory, the home where he cut off his 1st wife's & childs head and buried her in the garden. Also he admitted to 20 other victims which were never found, all buried around the orchards of Weston's. So don't be too surprised if one day you get a bit of head on your scrumpy.

ffs

FFS

:facepalm: