Best game ever?

saint_stevo

Treasure Island Dizzy. Though I can't better the above.

I'll say Magicland Dizzy as I just prefered it but the whole Dizzy series was just brilliant.

Will also add:

Street Fighter 2

Golden Eye (multiplayer only)

Age of Empires or the more geeky one for me Star Wars Galactic Battleground

Modern Day Classic:

COD4

Surely Frontier elite 2 was better

I take it that's some kind of sick joke? That **** had more bugs than an safari holiday.

On an interesting side note, I nearly called my business Diso (or Lave) and had written permission from David Braben to use it, along with a story about why those planet names were chosen, which I wont bore you with...

I take it that's some kind of sick joke? That **** had more bugs than an safari holiday.

On an interesting side note, I nearly called my business Diso (or Lave) and had written permission from David Braben to use it, along with a story about why those planet names were chosen, which I wont bore you with...

Yeah the great option of hyper jumping then ending up in the middle of no where with no fuel then having to restart from scrtach.

Oo oo oo and a couple of Amiga classics in:

Moonstone (crashed more times than Ukyo Katayama)

North and South

Yuss!! Two class games I would put up there for sure!

I played Moonstone on an Amiga a few months ago, it was actually still addictive and great fun, especially multiplayer. Agree with the crashings though! (obviously as all games were copies)

One of the games I have best memories of is Dragon's Breath, if anyone has ever heard of that!

Look forward the the new Ghostbusters game coming out later this year though. Effectively it's Ghostbusters 3, as they opted against doing another movie. I'm hoping it opens up excitable memories of my childhood!

I spent half my primary school life playing Goldeneye multiplayer. Other favourites were/are:

Worms Armageddon - Didn't like the original. W2 was good, but Armageddon was by far the best. Worms 3D is good in a different way, but just not a classic.

Tomb Raider - The original PC version was great. Got steadily worse thereafter.

Roller Coaster Tycoon - The original was soooooo adictive, it should have some sort of warning label.

Earth 2150: Lost souls - Marginally better than the original, which was also very addictive.

Command and Conquer: Generals - And the Zero Hour add on.

The games i have enjoyed most easily include FF6/8/9/10, Resident Evil 4 (5 was pretty good, but not quite as entertaining because it was mega serious), the original Red Alert and its add-ons. I used to live on pokemon and dare not touch it again because its too effing addictive. Spent ages playing Nightfire which i thought had a really good multi-player too, i used to spend a lot of time with the original Red Alert and its additions. Finally i guess i used to love Legend of Dragoon *getting my geek on here.

No.

Don't go back to Goldeneye, because it wont be the same. Especially after playing modern FPSs with superior graphics and gameplay. It's like meeting your childhood heros. Don't do it, just keep the memories. ;)

You say that but I tend to go back to Super Mario Kart on the Snes every so often, nothing compares to that still I reckon.

I'd take that over the fancy looking Gran T series any day.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have been playing videogames since about 1984, I write about games for a living and still play games pretty much every day or every other day. Bearing that in mind, I can honestly say my favourite would have to be Street Fighter IV. I have never played a game as much, I miss it when I don't play it, and from the moment I first played it in a packed arcade in London all those months ago I was hooked. Took me right back to the first time I got to play Street Fighter 2 (in Ocean Village iirc), to the halcyon days when arcade gaming was alive and well, and a visiting funfair or even a trip to a working mans club with my old man guaranteed arcade thrills. A phenomenal game. By the way, if anyone fancies a game my Xbox gamertag is Big Seany 1979 I am on most evenings!

no offence, but any man who writes about games and thinks that Street Fighter IV is the best game of all time isn't going to attract me as a reader

Erm, iz that because you're rubbish?

Street fighter IV is the absolute best, (even with though I can see some flaws), because of its depth.

Erm, iz that because you're rubbish?

Street fighter IV is the absolute best, (even with though I can see some flaws), because of its depth.

I own Street Fighter, yet half the fighters (the charge one's) are useless. How the hell do you pull off those moves?

And Seth is the most w*nky boss I have ever come across.

Sorry to drag this off topic!

My fav's:

Goldeneye was a classic

Dead Rising has a charm to it, wouldn't call it best ever though.

...I'll have a think.

I own Street Fighter, yet half the fighters (the charge one's) are useless. How the hell do you pull off those moves?

And Seth is the most w*nky boss I have ever come across.

Sorry to drag this off topic!

My fav's:

a) Goldeneye was a classic

b) Dead Rising has a charm to it, wouldn't call it best ever though.

...I'll have a think.

At point a) I'm thinking oh yeah, this guy. He knows what he's talking about. People want to listen to him.

At point b) I'm thinking no.

no offence, but any man who writes about games and thinks that Street Fighter IV is the best game of all time isn't going to attract me as a reader

No offence taken dude, however it is only my personal opinion and preference, doesn't stop me writing objectively about other games! If you want to check out some of the reviews I have written online they are on http://www.ntsc-uk.domino.org , check out the "about us" bit and I am Sean Smith on there. I have also written at length for Retro Gamer magazine, including interviews with Yuji Naka, the creators of the King Of Fighters series, the Capcom Ghosts & Goblins team and the creators of the Virtua Fighter franchise. Yes, I am fond of fighting games :)

No offence taken dude, however it is only my personal opinion and preference, doesn't stop me writing objectively about other games! If you want to check out some of the reviews I have written online they are on www.ntsc-uk.domino.org , check out the "about us" bit and I am Sean Smith on there. I have also written at length for Retro Gamer magazine, including interviews with Yuji Naka, the creators of the King Of Fighters series, the Capcom Ghosts & Goblins team and the creators of the Virtua Fighter franchise. Yes, I am fond of fighting games :)

Everyones entitled to their own opinion, but not if its wrong, and yours is.

(joke)

LOL. If it makes any difference to my credibility, my "other" favourite game is Castlevania: Symphony of The Night.

p.s. Baj if you are who I think you are, pretty sure I used to sit a few seats along from you in the Northam going back a few years?

At point a) I'm thinking oh yeah, this guy. He knows what he's talking about. People want to listen to him.

At point b) I'm thinking no.

Ok i'm back with my 3 posts, I never claimed it to be classic! just something that I really enjoyed. Can't wait for Deadrising 2!

I will say....Super Mario 3.

First game I ever owned. Probably the best?

My favs are...

Atari 2600

Pitfall 2

Speccy

Rebelstar raiders

C64

Football Manager

Amiga

Monkey Island series

Master System

Wonderboy 3 - Dragons Curse

Megadrive

Sonic

Saturn

Exhumed

PS1

Final Fantasy VII (available on the PSP now!)

PS2

GTA 3

PS3

Rock Band or Fallout 3

PC

Eye of the Beholder (back in the day) or Battlefield 2

Wii

Mario Galaxy

Fav Arcade has to be Spy Hunter