Portsmouth V Man Utd (The Official Thread)

PES

Pompey 0 Man Utd 1

Chelsea 4 Pompey 0

Pompey 0 Fulham 1

Boro 2 Pompey 0

Pompey 0 Blackburn 1

man City 3 Pompey 1

Pompey 0 Newcastle 0

Only 1 point and one goal from their last 7 League matches.

and not scored at home since March

'Arry to be sacked in the morning.....

'We support out local team'

Awww, still smalltime. :)

United have been awful.

Why Smalltime? Don't you support your local team? You think you shouldn't remind the Guildford reds of their glory hunting? You take pride in seeing loads of Chelsea, Arsenal, Man Utd and Liverpool shirts walking the streets of Southampton? Thought not.

thank god for that...crouch looked god awful today...I know it was man utd but he used to be really good..

I saw alot of hofball from pimpey too...

all good

yep, Far too much hoofball, all launched up the middle, not good and will need to be addressed.

Nice to hear a couple of anti-saints songs today as well - "ello, ello, we are the pompey boys" etc.

Obviously, despite what Corp would have us believe, they do still care.

Yeah some do, mostly our 'tard element. ;)

Pompey 0 Man Utd 1

Chelsea 4 Pompey 0

Pompey 0 Fulham 1

Boro 2 Pompey 0

Pompey 0 Blackburn 1

man City 3 Pompey 1

Pompey 0 Newcastle 0

Only 1 point and one goal from their last 7 League matches.

and not scored at home since March

'Arry to be sacked in the morning.....

Avram Grant was sat next to Sasha Gaydamak tonight, so you never know!

Also Strachan and his Missus was sat just in front of me tonight, wonder who he was looking at? Does he still keep a house in Warsash?

never mind the football PES, how was the pre-match catering????:D

Evening Boggy, The food from my Mother-in-laws was nice enough, Cottage pie. The food at Fratton Park is vile and I am reliably informed is vastly inferior to the fare you enjoy at SMS. :)

Crouch has had a bad start, he hasn't looked like scoring in any of their first 3 games

Crouch and Defoe look awful. To be fair I'm not worried yet, the supply to them is non existant. It will improve.

Evening Boggy, The food from my Mother-in-laws was nice enough, Cottage pie. The food at Fratton Park is vile and I am reliably informed is vastly inferior to the fare you enjoy at SMS. :)

oooohhh, i was thinking you were off to Farton Park for an evening of fine dining in the hospitality suite.............my bad;)

(cottage pie is always a winner tho, isn't it) :D :tonqe:

oooohhh, i was thinking you were off to Farton Park for an evening of fine dining in the hospitality suite.............my bad;)

(cottage pie is always a winner tho, isn't it) :D :tonqe:

I've never had the chance to sample the corporate hospitality, but were I a rich man I'd prawn sandwich it all the way! :D

We'll I dont surpose Fletcher did himself any harm, though why he'd join Celtic?

He's Scottish. That's about it.

I actually think he's quite sh*t, but he's proving me wrong so far.

Oh yeah forgot to say - Campbell looks like a serious weak link for you this season. He seems to have lost about half his pace from last season, and he was never a very pacy player to start with.

He's Scottish. That's about it.

I actually think he's quite sh*t, but he's proving me wrong so far.

Oh yeah forgot to say - Campbell looks like a serious weak link for you this season. He seems to have lost about half his pace from last season, and he was never a very pacy player to start with.

Your observation is spot on Clarkie. He is also a massive drain on our funds as it is reported he is on 'Really' serious wedge! I do however think he will be better against the lesser teams that he may be able to 'physically' bully. I was actually hoping some mugs like Newcastle would come in for him, but alas so far.....

Your observation is spot on Clarkie. He is also a massive drain on our funds as it is reported he is on 'Really' serious wedge! I do however think he will be better against the lesser teams that he may be able to 'physically' bully. I was actually hoping some mugs like Newcastle would come in for him, but alas so far.....

I believe a report came out a while back revealing him to be the 4th highest paid defender in Europe. £90k+ I think he is on. Could be wrong, anyone else remember that?

I believe a report came out a while back revealing him to be the 4th highest paid defender in Europe. £90k+ I think he is on. Could be wrong, anyone else remember that?

Those are the figures I have heard. Sylvain Distan is head and shoulders above Sol Campbell.

weren't Arsenal paying 60% of his wages for the 1st two years of his contract and now pompey have to fund it all?

I thought it was a 50/50 split, but yes that is the way it was set up at the time, hence why there were loads of rumours going round about Campbell being flogged to Newcastle after the first year of those two years so he'd actually have a re-sale value.

The way he's lost his pace in the last 6 months to a year is quite impressive, and let's be honest, how many teams are going to want to sign an ageing defender with no pace who's earning £90k+ a week?

I believe Pompey have peaked whilst Saints are rising from their nadir. It won't be too long before the normal and natural club roles are resumed!

What a difference one week makes eh? Good for you TG, it's not my place to **** on your fire. ;)

PES you might get a couple more years in the sun to go with the few you have had after best part of 30 years in the shade.

True, all my supporting life, I'll make hay whilst the sun is shining! :D

Incidentally, you any relation to Fair Oak's Neil and Barry?

Do I win anything?

You gets to play Mod ....oh:smt116

Any how i don't know why all you stripes are creaming over the result, were not down the sh*ter yet:smt116,,,,,,In the snooze today Are soul,(illustrious captain and leader) is proclaming.....We Have Now Turned The Corner:rolleyes:

KPs back tonight:D

You gets to play Mod ....oh:smt116

Any how i don't know why all you stripes are creaming over the result, were not down the sh*ter yet:smt116,,,,,,In the snooze today Are soul,(illustrious captain and leader) is proclaming.....We Have Now Turned The Corner:rolleyes:

KPs back tonight:D

Hardly creaming over the result, you will IMO finish in the top half. Its just interesting that your transfer budget seems to have dried up.