12pts the same as last season

69 saint

4 unbeaten now.

Things are turning and we will be in the automatic places at Christmas.

As many of the truly faithful have constantly tried to point out. We have the best side in the division, it was mismanaged that's all.

We have players who can play the ball on the ground, but they were no doubt instructed to hoof it forwards at every opportunity.

Probably not even APs faults, just his coaching staff.

As many of the truly faithful have constantly tried to point out. We have the best side in the division, it was mismanaged that's all.

We have players who can play the ball on the ground, but they were no doubt instructed to hoof it forwards at every opportunity.

Probably not even APs faults, just his coaching staff.

And of course Pardew had no control over HIS Coaching Staff did he ?????

Pardew, as Manager, instructed the Team what style to play. If he didn't, then he was not Managing the Team

It has to be noted, that the change in style of play in the short space of time NA has been here, is little short of dramatic

As has been said before, Pardew DID have the best Squad of FOOTBALLERS at his disposal, yet all he did was to stand around and watch HIS Team play Hoofball from 45 minutes onwards

Now, the SAME set of players are playing Good Football, and the team is beginni9ng to gel and get results

For whatever reason, Pardew lost interest in Saints, AND it showed

IMHO, he had reached the level of his own incompetance

And of course Pardew had no control over HIS Coaching Staff did he ?????

Now, the SAME set of players are playing Good Football, and the team is beginni9ng to gel and get results

For whatever reason, Pardew lost interest in Saints, AND it showed

No control ? perhaps he had a little too much faith in their ability that's all, in my opinion coaches with glittering talents like Wally Downes should never ever be in a position to coach players like lallana and morgan (amongst others)

No control ? perhaps he had a little too much faith in their ability that's all, in my opinion coaches with glittering talents like Wally Downes should never ever be in a position to coach players like lallana and morgan (amongst others)

But Pardew has the same as us EYES to see with

My point was that Pardew was obviously quite happy with how HIS Team were playing, otherwise he would have Changed it

Are you saying that the Coaches are the ones that dictate Match Day style and tactics on the pitch ? and that the Manager just "goes along with it " ???

No point in having a Manager then is there ??? Just let the Coaches stand on the touchline

I have to admit I was surprised we overcame Bournemouth yesterday, felt for sure we would lose. Now we've got our home hoodoo over with (again!), I believe that we will kick on and march up the league, isn't confidence and faith a wonderful thing!

Having said that, as soon as we draw to Tranmere next week everyone will be discussing how the season is over again!!!

Amazing what a win does (especially one that required two penalties to win it)

We're not scoring goals in open play which concerns me slightly. That said I was very very impressed with every other aspect of our play yesterday... Just think we will still struggle to put them away against teams like tranmere who will come and sit in front of goal...

We won't draw next week. We played with confidence yesterday and not many teams will be able to deal with us. Tranmere will sit back and we will pile on the pressure. We'll win by at least 3

that will depend on how we adjust with the new central midfield duo. I'd go for Guly and Hammond but no doubt it will be Hammond and Chaplow to start with.

Last season we were 27 points off top spot going into October, today it is 9.

This

I was talking about this last night,

Last season we had a worse point total at this point and Norwich and Leeds were running away with it. This season is a totally different beast.

It is not inconcievable we can still win it, mind you, i am not as optimistic as i was at the end of last season when i thought we would be champions. But as predicted this season is much weaker in regards to the competition.

We need to start being more clinical in open play though. Much more.

This

Last season we had a worse point total at this point and Norwich and Leeds were running away with it. This season is a totally different beast.

It is not inconcievable we can still win it, mind you, i am not as optimistic as i was at the end of last season when i thought we would be champions. But as predicted this season is much weaker in regards to the competition.

Actually at this stage last season Norwich had the same points total as us (they had a shocking start last year), it was Leeds and possibly Huddersfield/Colchester that were up pushing for 2nd.

But we are lucky there haven't been any teams consistently winning this year - possibly only Bournemouth and brighton being the most consistent pair, but they're not anything special.

Actually at this stage last season Norwich had the same points total as us (they had a shocking start last year), it was Leeds and possibly Huddersfield/Colchester that were up pushing for 2nd.

But we are lucky there haven't been any teams consistently winning this year - possibly only Bournemouth and brighton being the most consistent pair, but they're not anything special.

I can see Bompey falling away, they try hard bless 'em but have little quality.

Brighton are ok, they will be up there IMO

This

Well Leeds and Charlton anyway. after the first game in October Norwich(11th of the season) were 11 points off the top with 16 points and Millwall were only on 14 points. Charlton had 24 but they of course fell away completely later on.

Well Leeds and Charlton anyway. after the first game in October Norwich(11th of the season) were 11 points off the top with 16 points and Millwall were only on 14 points. Charlton had 24 but they of course fell away completely later on.

I didn't research i just assumed Norwich were there. Apologees.

It makes it all the more relevant however.

Season has begun lads.

Cheers for that.

Puts it all in perspective really well.

We could have been a long way off the pace but results have been kind, far kinder then last season. I don't even think we need to win the amount of games as we did last year to make the top two but there you go.

Adkins has begun to instill confidence and play decent possession football. We just need to work on being a lot more clinical in front of goal and we will be there.

Hopefully Chaplow will impress and we will take him on, then we need another striker desperately. I honestly think Connelly has had his time now. And apart from saying we don't 'need' (although i definately want) a player like Le Fondre now looking at our only two strikers now, we definately need him or someone like him.

If someone could start a new thread....! lee barnard was arrested in whitehouse last night for hitting someone with a glass bottle.

him, harding and butterfield were out in town, and inside whitehouse, a few lads gave dan harding some stick.

As they were leaving the club, they gave harding some more abuse, and lee barnard just flipped and hit him on the head with the botttle.

Last I saw was barnard being held by bouncers and police cars turn up.

If someone could start a new thread....! lee barnard was arrested in whitehouse last night for hitting someone with a glass bottle.

him, harding and butterfield were out in town, and inside whitehouse, a few lads gave dan harding some stick.

As they were leaving the club, they gave harding some more abuse, and lee barnard just flipped and hit him on the head with the botttle.

Last I saw was barnard being held by bouncers and police cars turn up.

Is this like the lambert one last year? No offence I'm sure a thread will be started as soon as (if) the story breaks in the press but not from this one post with no back up evidence.

Is this like the lambert one last year? No offence I'm sure a thread will be started as soon as (if) the story breaks in the press but not from this one post with no back up evidence.

fair enough, I was there, plus its all over facebook with people who were theres. Not much of a source I know, but were just wait for the press to pick it up.

fair enough, I was there, plus its all over facebook with people who were theres. Not much of a source I know, but were just wait for the press to pick it up.

I think alot of us on this the forum have learnt a few lessons about jumping in with both feet regarding internet rumours after the last few weeks. If it turns turns out to be true I'm sure a thread running to several pages will ensue.

04/05 - 71 Range up to first : 27 Teams over 80: 2

05/06 - 71 Range up to first : 11 Teams over 80: 1

06/07 - 75 Range up to first : 16 Teams over 80: 4

07/08 - 76 Range up to first : 16 Teams over 80: 4

08/09 - 76 Range up to first : 20 Teams over 80: 5

09/10 - 80 Range up to first : 15 (just 6 between 6th and 2nd) Teams over 80: 6

Right, I looked this up to demonstrate how last year was a harder year. Higher points threshold for 6th, basically 2 extra wins needed than the year before. Also, a lower range meaning a more competitive year. Same for amount of teams getting over 80 points...

Well, I have no life. Make of that what you will!