Away match ticket confusion.

mirrorcarp

Can someone please confirm that the purchase of league cup tickets for previous rounds count towards your purchase of future tickets. Ive done west ham,arsenal (cup) and have purchased stoke(cup) tickets for wed so 3 aways. I am however having trouble buying tickets for Arsenal away in the league.

I know i could phone the ticket office but lifes too short and it always results in dissapointment. Im sure somebody on here knows the facts.

And whilst someone is explaining to mirrorcarp can they also explain how to understand your purchase history online, as I cant make head or tail of it. I am a ST holder and have purchased additional tickets for friends and family for a few home matches this season but they don't appear to show on my history.

Can someone please confirm that the purchase of league cup tickets for previous rounds count towards your purchase of future tickets. Ive done west ham,arsenal (cup) and have purchased stoke(cup) tickets for wed so 3 aways. I am however having trouble buying tickets for Arsenal away in the league.

I know i could phone the ticket office but lifes too short and it always results in dissapointment. Im sure somebody on here knows the facts.

Because the Stoke cup game hasn't been played yet, it won't count towards your aways for this season.

Because the Stoke cup game hasn't been played yet, it won't count towards your aways for this season.

Thanks steve , that explains it. A lot less hassle than phoning the ticket office and probably quicker. Thanks again. Dont get the rule though as i have still paid for 3 aways so whats the difference.

Thanks steve , that explains it. A lot less hassle than phoning the ticket office and probably quicker. Thanks again. Dont get the rule though as i have still paid for 3 aways so whats the difference.

So as to stop an unscrupulous person buying an Arsenal ticket, then going back and get a refund on his Stoke one.

So as to stop an unscrupulous person buying an Arsenal ticket, then going back and get a refund on his Stoke one.

I could understand that but why not make it a condition that the Stoke ticket is non refundable if used towards further games. I suppose its confusing enough already though.

I'm pleased they are counting the league cup matches towards games attended as in the past they didn't do that.

Has been the case for a while now that tickets purchased only count once that game has been played.

This topic always reminds me, have we now given up on the loyalty point scheme completly? I do wonder why we don't charge a tenner for membership so regular home fans get a priority window when they go on sale and priority away tickets before general sale. Would be easy money for the club. Having said that I don't think there will be a rush for forthcoming category A games with Man City on a Sunday lunch time, Man Utd on a Monday night and Chelsea Sunday lunch over xmas all on sky plus lots of expensive games in the space of a few weeks.

They seem to have done the most hassle free thing of setting all away games that have happened to count for the allocation (i.e. all away games before the next one on sale) which is really nice of them, made going to Millwall even more worth while.

I for one welcome our new ant overlords...

And whilst someone is explaining to mirrorcarp can they also explain how to understand your purchase history online, as I cant make head or tail of it. I am a ST holder and have purchased additional tickets for friends and family for a few home matches this season but they don't appear to show on my history.

They're usually down the bottom, after all the individual ST matches are listed. But only for the ones recorded against YOUR customer number, so no-one else's will show, and I think they have to have a separate customer number to buy a ticket so that's what they'll be recorded against.

Edited by The9

Ive emailed the ticket office & been there in person a few times and have been told that cup games don't count towards away games. Yet I'm still eligible to buy arsenal away tickets - must have recently changed the rules.

Well i got my tickets today so that confirms it, purchased away tickets dont count until the match has been played. I dont mind the system its a fair and simple way to do it but i wish it was just made a bit clearer as and when they change the criteria.. Must dash im off to Stoke :)

can anyone predict the Sheff U game allocation. Will its be those who went to previous CC games, and or CC and Season Tickets holders then those who have been 5,4,3,2,1, home games. or some other permutation...

I'm fairly sure it'll be based on all aways with the usual ST holder caveats. Unlikely they'll be able to lock the system to only League Cup games or that they'll want to. It'll be midweek and in Sheffield, can't see us sending that many up there, people have jobs and can't always work around them for League Cup games, plus Christmas.

can anyone predict the Sheff U game allocation. Will its be those who went to previous CC games, and or CC and Season Tickets holders then those who have been 5,4,3,2,1, home games. or some other permutation...

The lower tier holds 3000, which I would imagine would be about right. First dibs to those with 3 or more aways (all competitions), but realistically anyone who wants a ticket will get one.

I got a thoughtful email reminder from the ticket office today, telling me that as I'd gone to more than three away games I could get priority until wednesday to purchase an Arsenal ticket

So I did

I got my email this morning inviting me to buy for Arsenal away and the only away game I've been to was the cup game at the Emirates.

The lower tier holds 3000, which I would imagine would be about right. First dibs to those with 3 or more aways (all competitions), but realistically anyone who wants a ticket will get one.

yeah there will still be plenty to go around with Burnley a few days earlier and it being so close to Christmas, if we take 3000 on a Tuesday night that will be a top turn out, should be do able considering the numbers we took to Arsenal and Stoke already. i can't see our game being televised so that will help the numbers travelling.

Should be a cracking cup tie , and a decent chance to make the semi finals.

yeah there will still be plenty to go around with Burnley a few days earlier and it being so close to Christmas, if we take 3000 on a Tuesday night that will be a top turn out, should be do able considering the numbers we took to Arsenal and Stoke already. i can't see our game being televised so that will help the numbers travelling.

Should be a cracking cup tie , and a decent chance to make the semi finals.

TV games have been confirmed, Derby v Chelsea on the Tuesday and Bournemouth v Liverpool on the Wednesday. Pretty much nailed on that our game will be Tuesday with Spurs v Newcastle on Wednesday, as Spurs play on the preceding Sunday.

TV games have been confirmed, Derby v Chelsea on the Tuesday and Bournemouth v Liverpool on the Wednesday. Pretty much nailed on that our game will be Tuesday with Spurs v Newcastle on Wednesday, as Spurs play on the preceding Sunday.

No particular reason why both Sheff U and Spurs matches couldn't be on the same night if they're both untelevised - do Sheffield United have a local thing about not playing home games on Wednesdays if they can though?

No particular reason why both Sheff U and Spurs matches couldn't be on the same night if they're both untelevised - do Sheffield United have a local thing about not playing home games on Wednesdays if they can though?

Judging by their fixture list this season, they play their home midweek games on a Tuesday where possible. They had to switch to Wednesday for the first round of this competition because Sheffield Wednesday were also at home, and despite their name they also tend to play on Tuesdays these days. As the higher-ranked club, I think they get priority.