Ryan Barteand finally gets his England Call

ART

Barteand? Does he moonlight at Wetherspoons? ;-)

I'm glad he's been called up because he deserves it but the way Hodgson has done it by leaving him out the original squad smacks a bit of desperation. Maybe we're biased as Saints fans but he's been consistently one of the best left backs this season, certainly more so than Baines, at a pinch Rose, and probably even Gibbs who has to compete for his team place with Monreal.

Bad news - another one to get nobbled and off to Liverhampton or Manure etc.

He just signed a long term deal here and he has already had the experience of sitting on a bench at a big club. I doubt he will be so easily seduced.

He just signed a long term deal here and he has already had the experience of sitting on a bench at a big club. I doubt he will be so easily seduced.

I have to agree I think more than any other player at the club Ryan is likely to be weary of moving to a big club, his past experience must tell him he is better off here!

Agreed. He was receiving praise months before he made his move permanent. Not comparable to the others who were already Saints players when the praise started growing.