Last acceptable red card

paulwantsapint

Nothing wrong with Benali v Fashanu either.

Any of Franny's 11 Reds were good value. If you are going to et sent off make sure it's worth it!!

Wasn't there another one like the one above V West Ham, Paulo Futre launched into the advertising boards and Franny didn't even look at the ref, just started walking off before the red was even brandished~!!

Never tire of seeing that one. That's how you dealt with the biggest thug in football.

I love the way that he doesn't complain getting a red and walks off. If that was nowadays, the red card would be brandished and all hell would break loose.

Any of Franny's 11 Reds were good value. If you are going to et sent off make sure it's worth it!!

Wasn't there another one like the one above V West Ham, Paulo Futre launched into the advertising boards and Franny didn't even look at the ref, just started walking off before the red was even brandished~!!

there was, and I have trawled YouTube trying to find it to no avail. it was epic

I was at the Reebok in Bolton to witness one of Benali's fine red cards.

Near the dugouts, smashed someone up in the air, walked straight off down the tunnel. Brilliant. I think he (Franny) may of had his arm in a cast at the time too.

You think this sort of thing is eradicated from the game, and certainly the football league/prem it has. However, take a trip to a non-league fixture and robust challenges that make you wince are still prevalent.

I was at the Reebok in Bolton to witness one of Benali's fine red cards.

Near the dugouts, smashed someone up in the air, walked straight off down the tunnel. Brilliant. I think he (Franny) may of had his arm in a cast at the time too.

You think this sort of thing is eradicated from the game, and certainly the football league/prem it has. However, take a trip to a non-league fixture and robust challenges that make you wince are still prevalent.

Agreed. Recently watched a Cambridge United game in L2 and a couple of tackles (especially the ones where you could hear the crunch) made you think "ouch". Still only yellow cards though :D