Songs That Take You Back To Another Place

Gemmel

Not your favorite song, but songs from the past that when you hear them, take you back instantly to, good or bad situations/relationships/events, whatever, just momemtarily put you in another place.

Just listened to "Baby Jane", havent heard it in years, but spooky, just spooky.

Love is the drug - Roxy Music.

Takes me instantly back to a night in the South Western pub outside Winchester station in 1977 when we all said goodnight to each other and rode home on our motorbikes. Next day I found out that my mate had been killed on his way home, thrown from his bike in Springvale. First time I'd lost anyone close.

Faithless - Insomnia

Whenever I hear this reminds me of just leaving school and the stage of life where i was out getting any bit of skirt i could while getting hammered every night it seemed (hangovers werent a problem then) No responsiblities back then...fun times.

Eurythmics - There must be an angel

Was a kid at the time, but my parents must have played it a lot as whenever I hear this one reminds me of living in Catterick and school summer holidays and a holiday driving around Yorkshire...must of been released in the spring/summer, wierd memory that one.

Sam Brown-Stop........takes me straight back to a holiday in Blackpool with my mates in '89 (the 1st time i'd holidayed away from my parents)..

Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds album- used to (and still do) listen to that album lots...every time i hear a certain dialogue from it (the bit where he says "and suddenly,the lid fell off" takes me straight back to my living room in the house i lived as a kid ,waiting for my Mum to come home from work, hoping that aliens weren't really attacking and that she would come home safely....:)

Thomas Dolby-Hyperactive.........i can,clear as day, remember sitting on the curb outside my house when i was about 10-11 ,learning the words to this song from the Lyrics page in Smash Hits, and even though he never actually swore in it i could never actually bring myself to say the word "funk" :lol:

2 for me, both from 1975 I think -

Golden Years by David Bowie, reminds of when I was about 16 in the Bat and Ball at Sarisbury Green one Sunday night before going across to the Community Centre for the weekly disco. It was the only record on the jukebox that worked that night, must have heard it about 30 times continuously.

Bohemian Rhapsody always reminds me of a girl I never made the most of lol

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
Safety Dance ~ Men without hats.

Being stuck in a lift with two identical twins from Cornwall after crashing 5 floors to the ground in Corfu.

My fingers smelt.

Had you crapped yourself then?

Prodigy ~ Outta Space. takes me back to my 17th birthday,standing on a dance platform,off my head & singing along with my mates & a few thousand other nutters.

Shaka Demus + Pliers ~ Tease Me. bumping & grinding with the ladies at the Pier.

The Doors ~ The End. good memories of long lost friends