Crimbo presents that really should have gone to someone else!

Spudders

So who got gifts that gave you muchos disappointment when opened?

Some friends of mine got me wine glasses as I’ve just moved into my own place. I’m pretty confidant in saying that in the 10 or so years I’ve known them, they will have never seen me drink wine. Thus I can only conclude that (A) they were given to me so that the wife has something to drink out of if I invite them over of an evening, or (B) they received them as a gift but already had loads, so just rewrapped them and passed them on to me.

I got some cheese biscuit crakers from my wife's gran! Not sure why, but I did. Still gave it a 'thank you' even though I was wonder what the hell she had got them for me. Used them though for the cheese evening the Thursday after Christmas.

I have 4 x cans of Carlsberg special brew....not a present as such but bought by the moter in law after my wife said I drank lager.....real ale is what would have wanted but this might have confused the old biddy. I didn't visit the old duchess because of the cold I still have and these cans along with some socks have arrived in my house.

There's this really good busker in Newbury and I will track him down today and pass them on to him.

I got a

Book by Peter F Hamilton from my mum. (That I had to go to Waterstone's to buy)

A set of golf club head covers to replace the ones lost by the local caddy shack. (That I had to explain on the phone to my daughter which ones to buy)

And I got a pair of socks. They were a surprise, actually a nice surprise, they were Dry Fit golf socks so very useful for down here. The downside is that the pattern will look very sexy when worn with the shorts that I always wear to play golf.

Someone else must have got my presents seeing as I didn;t get a single one.

this. :(

Now that is really sad. I mean you didn't even get sent a virtual something on Facebook? Man, in this day and age that is REALLY bad news

It's ok Phil, I just text Mike a picture of my wine glasses.... a bit late I know, but as they say, better late than never!

To be honest the picture will be about as useful to Mike as the actual glasses will be to me!

Christmas isn't about getting presents. It's about celebrating the birth of the baby Jesus. And bread sauce.

I still don't really understand why, if god was able to make baby Jesus be born without any need for the baby to be conceived the normal way, why he made Mary go through the whole pain and trauma of child birth? I mean, he could have just made baby Jesus appear from nowhere (like a rabbit in a hat) which would have also been more convincing as well (rather than he is the son of god Joseph, honestly, I've not messed around). God must have really hated that f**king Mary to put her through all that!

Edited by Spudders