Firework Displays

Hatch

Back in the 90's when my nipper was small we used to go to the display at Wordsworth School in Shirley. They had a huge bonfire and a really good display along with hotdogs, burgers etc. Only a couple of quid, always very well attended and raised a useful amount for the school.

The the 'elf'n'safety lot got involved, the bonfire was banned and they had to take out very expensive insurance. It was therefore no longer viable and so they gave up.

Not sure what its called but the one where they have the Thomas the tank engine narrow gauge railway near eastleigh airport was very good 2 years ago... little busy though

Lakeside but not sure they are bothering this year, my neighbour is currently having a very good display though.

Lakeside but not sure they are bothering this year, my neighbour is currently having a very good display though.

I think Lakeside did have fireworks this year, there were some quite near the airport when I was waiting for my bus back from work. I managed to see about 5 different displays on my journey back home tonight, and to think I was annoyed about missing out!