Jump to content

Holmes_and_Watson

Subscribed Users
  • Posts

    12747
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Holmes_and_Watson

  1. MLT gets a mention on 1 club players. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cqxl2w1r7rwo There's a little ranking thing at the bottom, where you can place him top and submit. 🙂
  2. I went in this king it might actually be more than the 5. I was thinking Fernandes might have started. I'd forgotten (scrubbed from my memory) Downs. Like you say, a good spot. And a reminder of the massive clear out that was going on in the summer. Also, with Quarshie a bit more at the periphery, and Downs, that the new approach at the time, like 3 at the back, would be replaced too.
  3. A quick peek showed it to be... Baz, Edwards, Stephens, Quarshie, Sugawara, Downes, Charles, Welington, Fraser, Robinson and Armstrong. 5 away on loan/ left.
  4. I'd point out a number of telling things from his favourite joke selection, of which that was one. However, his 20 years here have shown he's too stupid to learn. It's really us, or people who don't agree with him fully, or voters of other parties who are all to blame.
  5. Pretty much the same,but less sweary, than the Pope's Easter message.
  6. I refer my right honourable poster to the edit I made before his post above, when I noticed I was completely on the wrong track. 🙂
  7. Great for him personally, and fine if he's a free agent. But, if we do extend that contract, I'd be just as happy keeping him as far away from potential injury as possible. I'd been reading that Scotland were continuing to struggle up front. But, I think that was without Shankland. I'm hoping Clarke sticks with the squads he's been picking. Edit: The above is, of course, my fear Stewart will go. As for Bragg, the last I looked, he had just a few U-21 caps. I thought he'd have more. But that makes him quite the outlier, as Clarke generally sticks with the group.
  8. Fortunately, Patches just put up the audio link for the match, so your son won't miss out, and in lovely quality on those headphones. 🙂
  9. I see the Fulham one is still on BBC sounds. So, at least a few weeks to listen to tonight's game as much as possible. 🙂
  10. Have a tissue, Ralph. Tonda won't be using any. 🙂
  11. He's come on a lot under Tonda. Showing those leadership qualities (although that might be Keane shouting at him a lot, away from training.)
  12. Even at 1-1, heading towards extra time, I was just so pleased with everyone's performance. To get the winner was just special. Another cool, calm Charles finish. But everyone deserves credit. Dowman was their big threat early on. Manning handled him really well, and showed lots of composure after his yellow. Wood and THB strong in the middle, and both capable of staring our counters. Bree with a usual solid Bree performance whoever he's up against. All in front of the so,I'd, confidence giving Peretz. I was worried we'd miss the bite of Downes. But Jander filled that role very well. We tried to be more direct, but both he and Bragg still had a lot of work, breaking things up, offering outlets and getting it out wide. Bragg did all of that really well. Top \erforman e from him. Leo will be annoyed at not taking his chances. It would have been great to see his curling effort go in, rather than rattle the bar. He gave White, who bafflingly avoided a yellow, a torrid time. Matsuki was missing. But Fellows is no stand in. We got to see the quality he brings, and balance to the side. He was another one who really worried the Arsenal defence. Azaz, like Bragg, was there supporting everyone else. In other games, the ball would fall to him. Tonight, we were using other players and counting on him stopping them further up. Super goal from Ross. He looked delighted to be back and looking forward to Wembley. Arsenal hated dealing with him. They couldn't double up as Azaz was there lurking, and Leo would exploit the space. Larin didn't get much to to, but his hold up proved to be really important. Edozie was quiet, but was pinning them back on that side. They knew he'd be a threat on any counter. Massive credit to Tonda. He stuck to his plan. Looking ahead, he took Ross and Leo off. He identified the Arsenal weakness and explored it. And he's given everyone minutes since the start. No one is rusty coming off the bench. Everyone knows what's required. A top performance.
  13. 3 at the back...possession football...oh, we've conceded 6...darn that Russell Martin PL course...
  14. Tonda tactical triumph! Lovely finish by Stewart. But shout to Leo, who held it back, until there were enough bodies to launch that attack. Leo caused them problems, with 2 shots I thought he should have attempted. But, credit to his all round game, which has been excellent. By getting it long, we're combining our comfort at the back, with having some height in Stewart and Azaz up top. It also givescus some breathing space, when we need it. It could be a long second half. But can't have asked for much more than that in the first 45. COY...Y!
  15. And if you don't know, there's searching only fans 🙂
  16. My understanding is that their forum punted him, as even they have limits of pious victimhood.
  17. "and I'd be able afford driving now, if it wasn't for the laws around planetary formation increasing galactic premium prices." Oddly, I have that corner of the pub all to myself. 🙂
  18. Hello? Direct Line? I'd like to make a claim. A planet hit my car with a wall.
×
×
  • Create New...